HONESTY HOUR: Brandy's Current Music Career

Started by MAY, November 25, 2015, 04:03:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brocka4life

The approach has been so uninspiring the past 7 years. If she didn't have the talent that she has vocally,it'd be like why even bother. No consistency, no full belief behind the material or the approach. It's like the same song and dance (literally and figuratively) each "era." I honestly think I'm throwing in the towel as a fan if this next era isnt a change of course and approach. If you're an artist and you take such long breaks, you have to actually come with your "A" game sonically and visually when you finally release something.

I mean, good luck with Zoe. I'll give it a watch. But I'm not in love with Tasha Smith....I mean Brandy the actress. Do something different.

Herb.

Quote from: brocka4life on November 25, 2015, 07:16:26 PM
The approach has been so uninspiring the past 7 years. If she didn't have the talent that she has vocally,it'd be like why even bother. No consistency, no full belief behind the material or the approach. It's like the same song and dance (literally and figuratively) each "era." I honestly think I'm throwing in the towel as a fan if this next era isnt a change of course and approach. If you're an artist and you take such long breaks, you have to actually come with your "A" game sonically and visually when you finally release something.

I mean, good luck with Zoe. I'll give it a watch. But I'm not in love with Tasha Smith....I mean Brandy the actress. Do something different.
omfg  :omgwatshappening:

Myron

In 2015
I do not know who Brandy is musically.

And I feel like she doesn't either.
At one point in time Brandy was the girl you went to for new fresh innovative RnB. Great productions and unique arrangements.

Now... With human... 211... Like who is she musically.

She developed a style of singing very subdued... And now as she has gotten older she has really pushed them vocals out.

Idk yall

Young

Herb.

My best friend always joked about "what is there more for Brandy to do music wise...what is she gonna be singing about?" And of course I had a laundry list of things I threw at her. But lately I've been asking myself that question. Like, where is the direction gonna take her? What will be the theme? What will she discuss? I don't think she should just record a bunch of songs and put out the alber with no real goal or purpose. I need GHan to get in her zone.

BAPHOMET.

There are pieces of Zoe's wig on each page  :everythingok:

Miranda

tigernathan

Quote from: brocka4life on November 25, 2015, 07:16:26 PM

Geez.  :plzstop:

BigDawg

Quote from: Herbie on November 25, 2015, 07:21:38 PM
My best friend always joked about "what is there more for Brandy to do music wise...what is she gonna be singing about?" And of course I had a laundry list of things I threw at her. But lately I've been asking myself that question. Like, where is the direction gonna take her? What will be the theme? What will she discuss? I don't think she should just record a bunch of songs and put out the alber with no real goal or purpose. I need GHan to get in her zone.

BigDawg

Purple Moon

Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Young

Herb.

We're bitching and moaning but I actually think it's best that she's holding out a bit. Maybe she really needs to have that solid foundation and inspiration...maybe once that EP was recorded....she changed her mind cuz it just wasn't a message there. I loved the Coldplay cover and everything but I'm here for GHan's artistry.

She really needs to eliminate all outside influences, don't even THINK of trying to keep up with who and what's out there...lock herself in somewhere, be REAL with herself regarding her life experiences...put the whole sunny and bright, random inspirational message mess to the side JUST for a bit so she can tap into that vulnerable place and pull out something amazing. Then go right back to being easy and breezy. :cheerup: