Brandy Settles Legal Battle w/Former Label Over Music

Started by valeolion, December 29, 2017, 03:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marilyn

hit in 10 years! RISK!

who the FCK is chameleon records. I never even heard of that before bran

brocka4life

I know at least one of y?all can?t read, but here?s the original New York filing from January 2017.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/336697809/Brandy

GYNandTONIC

TRASH! This place is.....

Bran I love you! Can't wait to see what 2018 brings w/ your resilient self :cheerup:

RAY7

God is able!
I knew this was the issue even said it on here a month or two ago
Now there should be no excuse for no music anymore

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: AYR on December 30, 2017, 12:37:37 AM
God is able!

Lmao this is shady

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

brocka4life

December 30, 2017, 12:41:09 AM #200 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 12:41:33 AM by brocka4life
Quote from: brocka4life on December 30, 2017, 12:26:30 AM
I know at least one of y?all can?t read, but here?s the original New York filing from January 2017.

https://www.scribd.com/mobile/document/336697809/Brandy

Looks to me that she signed a deal in 2011 with a label that was dissolved in 2005 which would make her contract with them null and void.  :letsmessfag:

Time for some music!

Vonc2002

Quote from: AYR on December 30, 2017, 12:37:37 AM
God is able!
There shouldn't be, but there will be
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Annie

December 30, 2017, 05:48:36 AM #204 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 05:53:13 AM by Annie
Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 29, 2017, 08:02:47 PM
Hmm...I still think the post Human era drought was worse than this. A few boards ago, there were already displays like this with several members publically shredding their stan cards online. Some folks were even saying that she might've been blackballed. She's come a long way, I can't help but have hope for her because she's been thorough much worse.
Nah this is the worst situation ever because time is ticking.. I need her to find some good producers for that new album, not some upcoming ones. We already had two comebacks..I really want her to win but she needs a good team. I think a lot of stans who were addicted to her music feel like they have not much to stan for. I still love FM and Afro and her singles..it is just frustrating that someone with such a gift can?t release music. At this point it is not only about what we feel but also about the facts..and the way she is communicating (or the lack of communication) on social media isn?t helping.

/.\

Annie

Quote from: Navy&Cream. on December 30, 2017, 05:37:26 AM
So now we have to wait for the judge to sign off? :overit:

Another delay.

Just kidding. bjjjjjjj
This is a good start.
I don?t know
This could take another year

/.\

Annie

Chameleon was a record label formed by producer, music entrepreneur and former Capitol Records A&R executive Stephen Powers, in association with Bob Marin, Managing Director of alternative rock importer Sounds True, and Richard Foos, co-founder of Rhino Records.

In the last years of the label's existence, Chameleon was distributed worldwide by Elektra Records.

So it is dead

/.\

GYNandTONIC

The girl is almost 40 y.o with over 20 years in the game.

What more do y'all really need from her at this point? Not saying her career is finished by any means, but the "I want her to win" "Needs a album now" type mess is a lil reductive.

Can y'all please name for me any black female singer near 40 who drops as consistently as y'all expect Brandy to? What motivates these expectations?

Why are y'all so salty that a veteran isn't online giving details on her legal battles and how it's affecting her ability to release. Would Beyonc?, Toni, Mariah, Mary, or any legendary artist do a periscope about their court cases.  :uhh:

Annie

I don?t know it just breaks my heart when she gets emotional about performing in a stadium. Every time she releases an album or she is working on a project like Chicago it is like she starts dreaming again. So yes I would love to see her win. Release a good album with a good team. But if she wants to retire that is fine with me, I just don?t need all of the divine timing messages again.

/.\

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Annie on December 30, 2017, 06:04:36 AM
I don?t know it just breaks my heart when she gets emotional about performing in a stadium. Every time she releases an album or she is working on a project like Chicago it is like she starts dreaming again. So yes I would love to see her win. Release a good album with a good team. But if she wants to retire that is fine with me, I just don?t need all of the divine timing messages again.

Which is fine to want, I just don't understand how people now hate her because she wants to release at her own pleasure and not feel a need to give every detail about the process. I'm sure the legal shit played apart but even if it didn't, I don't see the point in getting so upset (not you per say) at a veteran for doing what veterans do.

Is Maxwell, Sade, Mya, Monica, Erykah, Usher, Kelly, and friend releasing at some lighting pace I don't know about?