Brandy Settles Legal Battle w/Former Label Over Music

Started by valeolion, December 29, 2017, 03:52:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Navy&Cream. on December 30, 2017, 06:06:51 AM
n
The way y'all make excuses and try to justify her inconsistency.
Brandy, to me, doesn't even carry herself as a veteran.

How a "veteran" could land such a bad deal is beyond me.

And I mean, why are fans being bitched at by other fans for wanting new music? n

She could do better. I'm sorry. :overit:

I'm not bitching, lol.  The issue is yall want to bitch about Bran and when someone makes a observation, it turns into "Why am i  being attacked". I rarely post here and don't give a fuck about y'all fumes. However, I can calmly acknowledge a trend that I simply don't understand.

People sign bad deals all the time veteran or not. Furthermore if she never signed the deal you have no idea how long she would've had to wait to release. People were so upset and demanding during that break, could you picture if 2/11 never happend. It's fun to bitch about things in the aftermath but never take into consideration what would've happend if she never signed in the first place.

Gilgamesh.

Usher releases albums every couple years, and when he does his albums are actually promoted.

From what I've seen the doves Drag Mo for being lazy and to her credit she has gotten a lot better at marketing herself.

Maxwell and Sade are not even that type of artist so they're not good examples to use at all :dead:

And it really doesn't matter who you name because at the end of the day we're Brandy fans, I could care less what those others artists are doing.

VirgoMind

n

And I mean, why are fans being bitched at by other fans for wanting new music? n

As someone else mentioned in this thread, plenty of veterans had shitty deals in their time. MJ & Prince for example after years in the game and being established. Anything is possible. She?s living and learning like everyone else in and out the business. People pick the wrong jobs, the wrong majors to study. Make mistakes after working in their field for 10+ years. The wrong relationships etc..Shit happens lol and Brandy is not the exception.
Im sure at the time it seemed like a good deal and when they decided not to fund the next project and handled TwoEleven in a mediocre way she peeped game. Shit like this happens all the time with artists. Vets and new

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on December 30, 2017, 06:20:35 AM
Usher releases albums every couple years, and when he does his albums are actually promoted.

From what I've seen the doves Drag Mo for being lazy and to her credit she has gotten a lot better at marketing herself.

Maxwell and Sade are not even that type of artist so they're not good examples to use at all :dead:

And it really doesn't matter who you name because at the end of the day we're Brandy fans, I could care less what those others artists are doing.

Well now I better understand your fumes are based off of personal emotions w/ no consideration for the current music climate or the artist personal business issues. Got it! I see why your mad, cause you've removed all logic  :kii:

Camo

Only read the first page  :stressed:  ready for BRANDY to come back. She's free and they don't have rights to all the music she's been recording! I bet the albums are READY. Im pretty sure another label will sign her though.... This 2018 "I'm Free, Brandy the SINGER" promo tour is about to be everything.

Gilgamesh.

N

No one was asking her to screen shot the court documents :dead: A simple "guys, it's gonna be a little longer than expected cause of legalities" would have sufficed.

And considering all the other things she made time for on her social media this year I don't think a sentence or two for clarification is a big ask.

brocka4life

I think Brandy willing gave that Billboard interview last year to announce she was suing her label. We were not in the dark on this. As I have posted, the court records are public information. She really didn?t have to say anything else because the timeline wasn?t even that long concerning the July filing in 2016 and the New York filing in January 2017. Each time, it was reporting in the press. Brandy released statements about how she felt. We don?t know if her legal counsel told her not to speak on it, considering how nasty Chameleon?s statement was the first time.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Annie on December 30, 2017, 05:48:36 AM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 29, 2017, 08:02:47 PM
Hmm...I still think the post Human era drought was worse than this. A few boards ago, there were already displays like this with several members publically shredding their stan cards online. Some folks were even saying that she might've been blackballed. She's come a long way, I can't help but have hope for her because she's been thorough much worse.
Nah this is the worst situation ever because time is ticking.. I need her to find some good producers for that new album, not some upcoming ones. We already had two comebacks..I really want her to win but she needs a good team. I think a lot of stans who were addicted to her music feel like they have not much to stan for. I still love FM and Afro and her singles..it is just frustrating that someone with such a gift can?t release music. At this point it is not only about what we feel but also about the facts..and the way she is communicating (or the lack of communication) on social media isn?t helping.

Do u not remember she went in with danja bangladesh mike will and rico love

And ppul still hate the album?

Sooo

Most of the namebrand producers are dated and not hungry
She can find a good one thats up and coming

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

December 30, 2017, 09:45:04 AM #219 Last Edit: December 30, 2017, 09:45:49 AM by TheNextLew
Quote from: brocka4life on December 30, 2017, 08:44:36 AM
I think Brandy willing gave that Billboard interview last year to announce she was suing her label. We were not in the dark on this. As I have posted, the court records are public information. She really didn?t have to say anything else because the timeline wasn?t even that long concerning the July filing in 2016 and the New York filing in January 2017. Each time, it was reporting in the press. Brandy released statements about how she felt. We don?t know if her legal counsel told her not to speak on it, considering how nasty Chameleon?s statement was the first time.

They want a reason to justify the vicious hatred and venom they have spewed at brandy for not releasing music
And taking an additional 4 years to start working in an album again

So none of this will suffice to ease their guilt the will find a way to blame bran thru the whole process

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Camo

Bran just needs to confidently release some of the music she's been recording maybe a little 4 song EP or mixtape first and not mention one word about a "comeback". ... and lord forbid we not give up on our fav and have expectations for greater things for her. :usuresis:

brocka4life

Quote from: TheNextLew on December 30, 2017, 09:45:04 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on December 30, 2017, 08:44:36 AM

They want a reason to justify the vicious hatred and venom they have spewed at brandy for not releasing music
And taking an additional 4 years to start working in an album again

So none of this will suffice to ease their guilt the will find a way to blame bran thru the whole process

True.
I just don?t understand how recording an EP, releasing a single independently, suing your record label because they won?t release your music, and being sued by your label because you released a single independently - all while constantly doing tour dates around the world -can be seen as not having hunger for music anymore.

Everything anybody needs to know about this case and the timeline is on the court website. People just want to ignore it and blame Brandy for not releasing music. It?s not like she hasn?t wanted to release music since #summer2014.  :letsmessfag:

Vonc2002

n

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ALL THIS
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Kaeli.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on December 30, 2017, 07:42:40 AM
N

No one was asking her to screen shot the court documents :dead: A simple "guys, it's gonna be a little longer than expected cause of legalities" would have sufficed.

And considering all the other things she made time for on her social media this year I don't think a sentence or two for clarification is a big ask.
sddddddddddddddddddddd
No one asked this girl to have a round table discussion. Brandy is actually the reason she's not in a whole other place in her career TBFH!  All these excuses and justifications are bullshit and she needs to be held accountable. Brandy should be revered and she should be someone that is respected and better received by the general public. These fans that are ready to explain it all away and deem everyone as fake fans are doing her a disservice
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw