Firstly the deal itself was not bad
If they wont fund her next project
They needed. Mutual termination of the agreement
Not to hold her to a contract they wont allow her to fufill
They changed the game after the first album

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Held accountable for a sentence on social media?

Thats dumb

Different

brocka4life

Quote from: TheNextLew on December 30, 2017, 10:03:45 AM
Firstly the deal itself was not bad
If they wont fund her next project
They needed. Mutual termination of the agreement
Not to hold her to a contract they wont allow her to fufill
They changed the game after the first album

I?m done.
These girls are stuck on ?bad deal?
And this ain?t ever been about the deal being bad, it?s been about Chameleon breaching the contract.
These girls either don?t know what contracts are or just don?t care.

But it?s nice to know that the company was dissolved in 2005 and was still signing contracts with artists, Epic, Def Jam, and Brandy. Brandy and her lawyer seemed to have done what they needed to. Now, we wait to see what the future holds for Brandy and all her a&r?s on this board.

Happy new year!

fedswatchin

fedswatchin

Cowgirl

Didn't someone say she already finished that battle with the label? Is it officially done now?

:stressed:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Now that i think about it releasing beggin and pleading could have been bait
To get the label to take action so she could get to this point and say they arent a company anymore

I dont see her beliving in one song that much to pomote it do a video and perform it
And then she didnt releSe anything officially after on the surface it look like an era begun and ended with one single lol

Different

brocka4life

Quote from: TheNextLew on December 30, 2017, 11:23:40 AM
Now that i think about it releasing beggin and pleading could have been bait
To get the label to take action so she could get to this point and say they arent a company anymore

I dont see her beliving in one song that much to pomote it do a video and perform it
And then she didnt releSe anything officially after on the surface it look like an era begun and ended with one single lol

:letsmessfag:

She hired a manager.
Released a song and gave a billboard interview.
Then released a video.
Then filed a lawsuit.

Brandy said:

DrewBabyLove

Quote from: brocka4life on December 30, 2017, 09:52:43 AM
Quote from: TheNextLew on December 30, 2017, 09:45:04 AM
Quote from: brocka4life on December 30, 2017, 08:44:36 AM
I think Brandy willing gave that Billboard interview last year to announce she was suing her label. We were not in the dark on this. As I have posted, the court records are public information. She really didn?t have to say anything else because the timeline wasn?t even that long concerning the July filing in 2016 and the New York filing in January 2017. Each time, it was reporting in the press. Brandy released statements about how she felt. We don?t know if her legal counsel told her not to speak on it, considering how nasty Chameleon?s statement was the first time.

They want a reason to justify the vicious hatred and venom they have spewed at brandy for not releasing music
And taking an additional 4 years to start working in an album again

So none of this will suffice to ease their guilt the will find a way to blame bran thru the whole process

True.
I just don?t understand how recording an EP, releasing a single independently, suing your record label because they won?t release your music, and being sued by your label because you released a single independently - all while constantly doing tour dates around the world -can be seen as not having hunger for music anymore.

Everything anybody needs to know about this case and the timeline is on the court website. People just want to ignore it and blame Brandy for not releasing music. It?s not like she hasn?t wanted to release music since #summer2014.  :letsmessfag:

This

BrandyFromTheFuture

She never released an ep. What the fuck are you guys talking about.

jtwoeleven

Quote from: Annie on December 30, 2017, 05:48:36 AM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on December 29, 2017, 08:02:47 PM
Hmm...I still think the post Human era drought was worse than this. A few boards ago, there were already displays like this with several members publically shredding their stan cards online. Some folks were even saying that she might've been blackballed. She's come a long way, I can't help but have hope for her because she's been thorough much worse.
Nah this is the worst situation ever because time is ticking.. I need her to find some good producers for that new album, not some upcoming ones. We already had two comebacks..I really want her to win but she needs a good team. I think a lot of stans who were addicted to her music feel like they have not much to stan for. I still love FM and Afro and her singles..it is just frustrating that someone with such a gift can?t release music. At this point it is not only about what we feel but also about the facts..and the way she is communicating (or the lack of communication) on social media isn?t helping.

It still idk...cuz instead of asking for a release from an album, some entertained the idea og Brandy being dropped from a label...I remeber as fans we were watching the industry go on without her, and it was like her contributions never mattered...the quiet period from 2009-2011 was pretty bad...

The news came to a halt, the music was scarce, and she wasn't really performing much. I remember folks waiting to see her perform the national anthem at some random tennis match, waiting for her to appear on reality tv shows singing, waiting for snippets of her music from a family business to leak...

Although this does seem pretty messy...the fans have been music starved before I think...

Lazarus

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on December 30, 2017, 06:12:35 AM
Quote from: Annie on December 30, 2017, 06:04:36 AM
I don?t know it just breaks my heart when she gets emotional about performing in a stadium. Every time she releases an album or she is working on a project like Chicago it is like she starts dreaming again. So yes I would love to see her win. Release a good album with a good team. But if she wants to retire that is fine with me, I just don?t need all of the divine timing messages again.

Which is fine to want, I just don't understand how people now hate her because she wants to release at her own pleasure and not feel a need to give every detail about the process. I'm sure the legal shit played apart but even if it didn't, I don't see the point in getting so upset (not you per say) at a veteran for doing what veterans do.

Is Maxwell, Sade, Mya, Monica, Erykah, Usher, Kelly, and friend releasing at some lighting pace I don't know about?

Can't speak for other artists mentioned but ever since Mya went indie, she released a project every year whether it's a song, EP, or an album.

Sovereign.

Quote from: OwnIt on December 29, 2017, 08:46:54 PM
Deliver us ethereal bops queen

This is the perfect way to describe her music.  :kii: Sis will give 6-part harmony mess out over some weird knock.  :plzstop:

TriBeCa

:dead: :dead:

I'm shocked. Brandy definitely hired the right legal team. That's a sweet ending. Now let's just hope this ignites a fire in her and she's ready to start grinding.

BRockaBaby

To be honest we shouldn't have to wait long for music. She should have shit ready. All it should be at this point is pressing the green button.  If all this time has passed and she hasn't been in the studio putting in work,  that would be a true shame.