The Twilight Zone - The Comedian Episode

Started by Lazarus, April 02, 2019, 10:33:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kurama

Lazarus

No prob.

And for those curious about Sanaa's episode. It airs April 11.

Lazarus

The most fascinating episode of the four sent to critics is "Replay", directed by Gerard McMurray (The First Purge) and written by former Source Magazine editor-in-chief turned prolific screenwriter Selwyn Seyfu Hinds. The episode follows a mother (Sanaa Lathan) driving her son (Damson Idris) to college, only to discover that her practically-an-antique camcorder has the ability to rewind time. Unfortunately, no amount of backtracking can stop a highway patrolman—Glenn Fleshler, embodying the role with his trademark hulking creepiness—from stopping them for some minor infraction. It sounds trite; from original Twilight Zone episode "A Kind of Stopwatch", to Adam Sandler's Click, to that one Cher song, the ability to turn back time isn't a novel concept. But positioning a black family at the center of the narrative is subversive in the same way positioning Winston Duke and Lupita Nyong'o at the center of Us' conventional horror scenario was subversive. In that context, "Replay" becomes less about the sci-fi element and more a sobering reality. Over the episode's hour runtime, you start to realize this mother and son don't need a magic camcorder to experience this same brand of racism over and over again; there will always be a highway patrolman of some sort, replay or not. It's classic peak Twilight Zone, a head-trip that doubles as a truth.

Kurama

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

b7

Yea i enjoyed it and the black actress slayed 

Kurama

Quote from: 1RIG on April 03, 2019, 03:32:42 AM
Yea i enjoyed it and the black actress slayed

Yeah she was good.

And Vonc fuck you