TMZ: Katy's Blackface Shoe To Be Pulled From Shelves

Started by Freemala Harris, February 11, 2019, 02:14:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

February 11, 2019, 02:14:29 PM Last Edit: February 11, 2019, 02:21:45 PM by Freeruu

KATY PERRY
'BLACKFACE' SHOE TO BE PULLED FROM SHELVES

Katy Perry's shoe that is under scrutiny for resembling blackface is about to be yanked ... TMZ has learned.

Katy's got a whole shoe line for sale at retailers like Dillard's and Walmart -- and a couple of her designs feature what looks similar to blackface ... the "Rue Face Slip On Loafers" and its high-heeled counterpart, "Ora Face Block Heel Sandal."

The "face" shoes have two eyes, a nose and red lips on them, and they come in two different colors ... black and beige. The black one is problematic, because it looks a lot like classic blackface makeup, which the fashion world does not seem to recognize time and again.

The "face" heeled sandals are also problematic ... and Katy's catching major heat for having the shoes on store shelves. Even singer Masika Kalysha is calling for Katy to answer for this, saying on social media ... "So we just gonna let Katy Perry slide?"

Sources connected to Katy tell us these specific shoes are just part of an entire line of shoes she's designed and released ... and they were never intended to be offensive. However, we're told, "In order to be respectful and sensitive the team is in the process of pulling the shoes."

https://www.tmz.com/2019/02/11/katy-perry-blackface-shoes-for-sale-backlash-pulling-from-shelves/

i'm crying

Prism quee was able to avoid MESS these past few years and boom

I just...

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Gilgamesh.

I know these celebs don't check each and every item their brand is on but how did this even get greenlit?

GLOCK

SMFH..
Been knew and telling y?all
This girl ain?t for us

Freemala Harris

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on February 11, 2019, 02:22:40 PM
I know these celebs don't check each and every item their brand is on but how did this even get greenlit?

!!!!!

Not pulling up to work w/ a pair of Niggerboutins

Kurama

ton

Xxxxxxccccxxxxxxcccc

See I knew these companies did this shit to gain popularity

I didn't even know she had a shoe line. Now I'm aware. Not buying any of her shit but someone else who also wasn't away may

ton

Quote from: Freeruu on February 11, 2019, 02:24:06 PM

!!!!!

XXZXXCCXXXXZZZ

Vonc2002

Furthermore, the shoe is ugly.  Why tf would they release this mess ANYWAY :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

LiiVE

Kaeli.

Quote from: tontonton on February 11, 2019, 02:25:24 PM
Quote from: Freeruu on February 11, 2019, 02:24:06 PM

!!!!!

XXZXXCCXXXXZZZ
LDIS:KKKKKKKKKFJSDUIOJMPFSDJMFKOL

Kaeli.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Kaeli. on February 11, 2019, 02:30:09 PM
I don't get blackface from this though

honestly
I think it's a reach too tbh. People are sensitive