LA Reid thought Rihanna wouldn't be as big as Teairra Mari

Started by MAY, January 08, 2016, 11:10:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MAY

January 08, 2016, 11:10:01 PM Last Edit: January 08, 2016, 11:10:36 PM by MΛΥDΛΥ
QuoteL.A. Reid isn?t holding back in his forthcoming memoir, revealing how he really felt about Rihanna from the moment he first laid eyes on her back in 2005 when he was the Chairman and CEO of Island Def Jam Music Group.

?I first laid eyes on her in the hallway,? he said. ?I didn?t know she was a singer or anything, just a pretty girl standing outside somebody?s office. Then Jay Z burst into my office.?

What happened next changed Rihanna?s life forever. According to Complex, she auditioned for label executives singing Whitney Houston, Beyonc?, and her smash hit ?Pon De Replay.?

Once Rihanna finished Reid told Jay Z, ?Don?t let her leave the building.? And that same day Rihanna was signed to the label.

Now we know that Rihanna and Teairra Mari were fresh new artists signed to the label around the same time so what exactly happened with Teairra Mari?

?At the label, we thought Teairra Mar? would be the big star. We spent more time on her, did more work on her, paid more attention to her,? he said. ?A bell went off for me, however, when, after [a label] showcase, Beyonc? came up to me and said, ?That Rihanna girl. She?s a beast.?

http://theshaderoom.com/2016/01/l-reid-opens-thought-rihanna-wouldnt-big-teairra-mari/

MelMel

So Bey is the reason why this she-demon has been unleashed on the world..... :hmph:

tigernathan

Cowboy Nine

Yeah, I remember thinking Rih was wack back then

And I stills do to this day
:ATLcameo:

TriBeCa

I thought the same. It seemed like she'd be a flash in the pan. Tierra came out swinging and had the hood blazing. Too bad she had a horrible follow up single and that was the end of her. Imagine if she would've gotten S.O.S instead of Rih.

death

Xxxxxxxxxxxj

keep tellin u guys bey & rih are in cahoots

death

Quote from: Nine on January 08, 2016, 11:13:12 PM
Yeah, I remember thinking Rih was wack back then

And I stills do to this day
:ATLcameo:
fffffffffffffffffffffffffl,

BAPHOMET.

I never paid attention to Teairra..  I don't know how they thought that.  :dead:

Marilyn

Quote from: MelMel on January 08, 2016, 11:11:29 PM
So Bey is the reason why this she-demon has been unleashed on the world..... :hmph:

n

what kind of plot twist

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: TriBeCa on January 08, 2016, 11:18:13 PM
I thought the same. It seemed like she'd be a flash in the pan. Tierra came out swinging and had the hood blazing. Too bad she had a horrible follow up single and that was the end of her. Imagine if she would've gotten S.O.S instead of Rih.
!!!

Make a Fag Feel Good was the tea

Roc-A-Fella really fucked her over with No Daddy
:hmph:

FINE.

Teairra's debut alber slays the hell outta Rih's mess.