Fredro Starr on Bran/Countess Beef, and Aaliyah driving by the set.

Started by Aalumeci., March 23, 2024, 03:35:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

I agree with him when he said the show needed Countess.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

March 23, 2024, 04:18:25 PM #3 Last Edit: March 23, 2024, 04:19:18 PM by Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾
Countess Vaughan was great for the show. I think it was a mistake to spin her off so soon, it killed Moesha. We could've got at least 10 seasons of Moesha with Kim around.  Kim was the fan favorite.
Thee Robyn [Queen Bitch] Dixon

The Green Eyed Bitches Foreva 💚💚💚

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

People Tune In To see Stars.I'm a Star.I steal the Show- Demetrius

Rxxf

I love that two young black females got their own sitcoms.
Book!
BRANDY

Justice Jackson

Yeah we missed countess but the parkers was amazing

Neicy did hold her own though
Ketanji Jackson has come this far by faith.

Ketanji Brown will still beatcho ass.

ophmani

yea i don't regret countess leaving at all

no shade but the parkers >>> moesha
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾 on March 23, 2024, 04:18:25 PMCountess Vaughan was great for the show. I think it was a mistake to spin her off so soon, it killed Moesha. We could've got at least 10 seasons of Moesha with Kim around.  Kim was the fan favorite.

I dunno about 10 seasons but I think there were 3 things that killed the show: Kim leaving, basing the show on Mo's college experience and basically destroying the family unit they had spent years developing with that awful Frank/Dorion storyline.

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

March 24, 2024, 06:19:02 AM #8 Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 12:10:15 PM by Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on March 23, 2024, 11:06:06 PM
Quote from: Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾 on March 23, 2024, 04:18:25 PMCountess Vaughan was great for the show. I think it was a mistake to spin her off so soon, it killed Moesha. We could've got at least 10 seasons of Moesha with Kim around.  Kim was the fan favorite.

I dunno about 10 seasons but I think there were 3 things that killed the show: Kim leaving, basing the show on Mo's college experience and basically destroying the family unit they had spent years developing with that awful Frank/Dorion storyline.
You're right all of that contributed to killing the show. The show was done for me before it went off the air though! Kim's presence was missing in the first few episodes of season five and I don't think the writers even attempted to feel her void.

Walking through like you're that girl, When you know you're not that Girl! Try again, Try again!

Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾

March 24, 2024, 06:26:16 AM #9 Last Edit: March 24, 2024, 06:26:36 AM by Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾
While I thought The Parkers was a funnier show. I believe Moesha was the overall better show and had more going for it.

Kim was better used on Moesha as well. She was pretty dumbed down on The Parkers. They made her more of an airhead than she was on Moesha.

Maybe I was too much of a Kim fan but while entertaining I didn't like Monique chasing the professor because it was a rip off of Kim chasing around Hakeem.

Gilgamesh.

Quote from: Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾 on March 24, 2024, 06:26:16 AMWhile I thought The Parkers was a funnier show. I believe Moesha was the overall better show and had more going for it.

Kim was better used on Moesha as well. She was pretty dumbed down on The Parkers. They made her more of an airhead than she was on Moesha.

Maybe I was too much of a Kim fan but while entertaining I didn't like Monique chasing the professor because it was a rip off of Kim chasing around Hakeem.

!!!! They dragged it. She went from ditzy, gossip girl to the straight up retarded  :kii:

Dee

I actually enjoyed the college era of Moesha.

But I do feel like something was missing. They should've snatched up Gertie(Kim Whitley) before she got on The Parkers.

Would've brought back the humor that the show was missing when Countess left

Cowgirl

Quote from: Demetri La Robyn 🤴🏾 on March 24, 2024, 06:26:16 AMWhile I thought The Parkers was a funnier show. I believe Moesha was the overall better show and had more going for it.

Quote from: Dee on March 24, 2024, 07:30:09 AMI actually enjoyed the college era of Moesha.

But I do feel like something was missing. They should've snatched up Gertie(Kim Whitley) before she got on The Parkers.

Would've brought back the humor that the show was missing when Countess left
I agree with both of these statements.

Cowgirl

I actually prefer the college years of Moesha and even enjoyed Moesha's role more during that time period. They should've added 2 college friends to the main cast tho.