OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BORderline

August 02, 2020, 01:31:36 PM #2250 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:31:52 PM by BORderline
dfksdjfkjsdfj

https://thatgrapejuice.net

I was not aware that ThatGrapeJuice changed its whole layout to promote B7. I'm screaming... DSKJFKJSDHFKJDHS
I know they were stans but DAMN;

Im screaming at the multiple banners and headlines.

WHAT KINDA VISUAL ATTACK!

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: BORderline on August 02, 2020, 01:31:36 PM
dfksdjfkjsdfj

https://thatgrapejuice.net

I was not aware that ThatGrapeJuice changed its whole layout to promote B7. I'm screaming... DSKJFKJSDHFKJDHS
I know they were stans but DAMN;

Im screaming at the multiple banners and headlines.

WHAT KINDA VISUAL ATTACK!

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Andthecategoryis...

I'm not saying there aren't some problem areas in the mixing but I honestly think some of the stuff Brandy wanted a certain effect with her voice and sound. Not only that, its all the stacks and intricate harmonies that sometimes clash with the beats (SAML)...she's breaking all the rules on purpose.

And finally, Brandy doesn't always enunciate her words that great and that's how she has trained my ear over the years. When I listen to the album now I can pretty much hear everything clear besides some stuff. I do wish High Heels was clearer, Unconditional and SAML as far as her singing voice on some parts
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 02, 2020, 01:18:44 PM
Quote from: Te Kā 🔥 on August 02, 2020, 01:11:28 PM
if you can't understand what GHan is saying , i'd first blame it on "Brandyese" ...before mixing

we know kwee throws diction to the wind sometimes to give a TEA.

Dddddd I was gonna say... even on her best mixed songs I can't undertand what language she's using sometimes  :dead:

djdjdj true

And at the listening party she's like "gotta listen to the lyrics on this one!"

well sis

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on August 02, 2020, 01:35:54 PM
I'm not saying there aren't some problem areas in the mixing but I honestly think some of the stuff Brandy wanted a certain effect with her voice and sound. Not only that, its all the stacks and intricate harmonies that sometimes clash with the beats (SAML)...she's breaking all the rules on purpose.

And finally, Brandy doesn't always enunciate her words that great and that's how she has trained my ear over the years. When I listen to the album now I can pretty much hear everything clear besides some stuff. I do wish High Heels was clearer, Unconditional and SAML as far as her singing voice on some parts

There's a way to do this that still sounds professional, is my point. Like, Unconditional Oceans could have had clean, clear production with her vocals muted/filtered to give it that underwater sound eveyone is claiming was the goal. I love that song but it and High Heels probably sound the worst in terms of quality.

Either way, it's what we got, so I'll accept it as it is and hope that going forward she pays more attention to quality in this area.

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

SAML she broke ever rule and dats y it's my fav!
Unconditional oceans is coo but u really have to listen to the words to get it.

BORderline

August 02, 2020, 01:45:00 PM #2257 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:45:39 PM by BORderline
Quote from: Say Something on August 02, 2020, 01:43:28 PM
Borderline has latched onto my neck and won't let go

:stressed:

Best song on her album.
Best single release since WIS2U. Yes I said it.
Send that song to UAC radios ASAP.

Cartierline

!!!!
The way Say Something and Borderline alternately lash the fuck out of me
:gorlonfire:

'ology

!!!!!
I've been playing it nonstop
Blessed Be The Mufuckin Fruit!!!

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

August 02, 2020, 01:51:48 PM #2260 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:53:51 PM by Jumpmaanjumpmaan
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 02, 2020, 01:40:19 PM

There's a way to do this that still sounds professional, is my point. Like, Unconditional Oceans could have had clean, clear production with her vocals muted/filtered to give it that underwater sound eveyone is claiming was the goal. I love that song but it and High Heels probably sound the worst in terms of quality.

Either way, it's what we got, so I'll accept it as it is and hope that going forward she pays more attention to quality in this area.

I hope all of this is a learning experience for her

Kaeli.

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on August 02, 2020, 12:43:04 PM
This pineapple under the sea knock that is Unconditional Oceans 
:howfestive:

What kinda submarine descending at the beginning   :plzstop:
ijoooooooooooouioujoho

Kaeli.

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Kaeli. on August 02, 2020, 02:04:30 PM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on August 02, 2020, 12:43:04 PM
This pineapple under the sea knock that is Unconditional Oceans 
:howfestive:

What kinda submarine descending at the beginning   :plzstop:
ijoooooooooooouioujoho

OMF yessssssss, that's what it is  :plzstop:

I couldn't figure it out.

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 02, 2020, 01:40:19 PM

Did you go to school for this stuff or just have ppl around you who do music?
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track