OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ReVon

Yall are blaming Camper when Brandy spearheaded this project. He only did EXACTLY what she heard and wanted him to do.
This is all Brandy telling her lil minions what to do. I appreciate this body of work just for that. It's exactly what she wanted it to be.
As an artist that is really important.

Ma Lo

July 30, 2020, 11:31:43 AM #166 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:31:57 AM by Ntwadumela
Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on July 30, 2020, 11:30:42 AM
Yall are blaming Camper when Brandy spearheaded this project. He only did EXACTLY what she heard and wanted him to do.
This is all Brandy telling her lil minions what to do. I appreciate this body of work just for that. It's exactly what she wanted it to be.

Hey Revon its Marque and I agree ack!!

AfroJisiac

Quote from: BORderline on July 30, 2020, 11:12:43 AM
Fudoufoudoufou

so minimalist weird beats along with Ghan's layers?!

WHEW!

imma USE this album. I've been waiting for weirDY since 2006.

trust me u will

i can alreaddyyyy see your IG stories giving

ReVon

Unconditional Oceans sound so GARLICBREAD produced!!!!!

:gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:

ReVon

Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 11:31:43 AM
Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on July 30, 2020, 11:30:42 AM

Hey Revon its Marque and I agree ack!!

MARRRRRRQQQQQQUE :flamebroiled:

AfroJisiac

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 11:27:16 AM
Unconditional Oceans is EASILY the best song on the album for me. So perfect.

my fav !! it made me emotional i don't know why
omgggggg  such a Sissy   :dead: :plzstop: :plzstop: i been weak listening' to it  lol maybe the joy of hearing' Queen on a nu album

Harlem

So I listened... all I know is that the mixing/production girls are gonna have a field day when they listen b/c it's clear as night and day which songs was better than others

Besides that... I need more listens... my standouts are the below:

+ Unconditional Oceans - this is my SHIT (wish it was mixed better and Pamper should've had The Neptunes add production it just made sense)
+ Rather Be - is the fuckin SONG of the album too
+ Lucid Dreams - dope af
+ Borderline - was cool too but something is a little off, ima keep listening
+ Say Something - this is dope
+ I Am More - This is good too until Bran Nu popped up lmao
+ No Tomorrow - was cute too but something about it is off, maybe I'm too used to the interlude version but ima keep listening

I ain't gonna grade the album yet until I get more listens but I'm not wowed or disappointed

BranBran

I'll need to listen more to SAML and UO before making a judgement, but Borderline and Lucid Dreams really catch me just after one listen.

D.I.E.G.O.

:gorlonfire: :gorlonfire: :gorlonfire:

This is one of the most unorthodox R&B projects I've ever heard. It's almost a separate genre. Damn. She did what needed to be done here.

:loose2when:

BORderline

I'm feeling bad for attacking Derek a bit cause it seems like the actual cover on the vinyl SLAYS from the pics I saw.
gouiufooucoouvo

IMMA PERCH IT ON MY WALL along with God Moon and AfroGODsiac.

FRANCE

Quote from: AfroJisiac on July 30, 2020, 11:34:24 AM
Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 11:27:16 AM
Unconditional Oceans is EASILY the best song on the album for me. So perfect.

my fav !! it made me emotional i don't know why
omgggggg  such a Sissy   :dead: :plzstop: :plzstop: i been weak listening' to it  lol maybe the joy of hearing' Queen on a nu album

Its EVERYTHING. See, Im kinda pissed that Brandy felt the need to hit up Hit Boy for some uptempo track for a 1st single mess. Cause I think this woulda been a perfect single and I could actually picture Chance as a feature on THIS song. Not that it needs a feature (dont get me wrong, its perfect), but Im jus sayin.

I can just imagine a music video for this. Geesh!!! Its one of the only songs on the album with a distinct melody and chorus.

Harlem

July 30, 2020, 11:38:41 AM #176 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:39:12 AM by Harlem
And Brandy should've kept the part of "don't get fucked up" instead of that new part in Border... it fit it better

Aalonso.

Quote from: Gifted. on July 30, 2020, 11:08:32 AM
Quote from: bby ddy on July 30, 2020, 11:04:56 AM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 10:58:56 AM
A lot of people will not like this album I can tell you that much.. it's left, unusual, backwards even.. but she did what needed to be done. I fckin love it.  These songs will continue to grow on you the more you listen and peel back the layers. It reminds me so much of my initial reaction of Full Moon. I thought it was awful ..the way she sounded and the production..but now .. smh

Perfect description.

The average ear won't understand it. THIS is what I consider to be "Progressive R&B" or "experimental". Brandy was in her mf bag with this one.

I don't even think the casual Brandy fans will vibe with it too much. At least not right away.

I think you have it completely wrong.

The songs that are left/dark like "Lucid" and "Borderline" are gonna be the favourites amongst fans and casual fans.

It's songs like "Baby Mama" and "High Heels" that will have the fans scratching their heads.

so basically stop incorporating Syrai into your songs got it

D.I.E.G.O.

The way Bye Bipolar took a turn in the final 20 seconds
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

Jesus

ReVon

July 30, 2020, 11:40:15 AM #179 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 11:45:02 AM by Say-Something-ReVon
I think on BORDERLINE they sped up or pitch-shifted the whole song after she recorded it.:plzstop:

I still love it though