OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hewritez

Unconditional Oceans and Rather Be are the most flawless on the record.
They should have been the foundation to build the entire album upon.
They have an authentically unique sound without trying to be "alt"
No Tomorrow could have been that girl with some tweaks, but I still love.

ReVon

I have side-eyed all her albums since Afrodisiac but grew to love them for what they were.
I'm sure this one won't be my least favorite Brandy album by a long shot.

FRANCE

Quote from: Noni on July 30, 2020, 02:59:30 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: Noni on July 30, 2020, 02:49:13 PM
I'm sorry for turning this thread about how B7 lashed into a lashing of B7.

It's just nice to be able to vent among fellow stans. I mean who else am I going to talk to about Brandy?

:stressed:

Nothing wrong with debating as long  as it's not hateful towards bran. Like I said, I felt the same way about Full Moon when I first heard it. I thought it was straight garbage, both vocally and production wise. All those electronic beats, strange melodies and goofy production. But now, I hold that as some of the greatest Brandy music in her career. I think it took me a good year or two to realize that unfortunately for me. And with her being gone for so long and all of a sudden dropping B7...this edgy masterpiece ..we're like .. :shook:

B7 is going to be an emotional journey for us and for Brandy and it's just beginning. We haven't seen the last of it and I guarantee you some who hated now will later on think it's the best album she's ever done. Watch.

Your GIF is sending me  :plzstop:

But I agree with you and I totally believe that I will love it after a while. I always do with Brandy music when some of it doesn't catch me immediately

Don't understand how you didn't see it for Full Moon in 2002  :uhh: :dead:

Full Moon was instant to me. And I was like 12 years old at the time. I loved every single song on the album instantly besides Apart and Love Wouldnt Count Me Out. But then I eventually loved them.

Everyone is diff, but this is the 1st Brandy album Im having a hard time with. I dont think my thoughts on it will change. Its her worst album.

Noni

Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on July 30, 2020, 03:03:22 PM
Quote from: Noni on July 30, 2020, 02:59:30 PM
Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 02:56:27 PM
Quote from: Noni on July 30, 2020, 02:49:13 PM
I'm sorry for turning this thread about how B7 lashed into a lashing of B7.

It's just nice to be able to vent among fellow stans. I mean who else am I going to talk to about Brandy?

:stressed:

Nothing wrong with debating as long  as it's not hateful towards bran. Like I said, I felt the same way about Full Moon when I first heard it. I thought it was straight garbage, both vocally and production wise. All those electronic beats, strange melodies and goofy production. But now, I hold that as some of the greatest Brandy music in her career. I think it took me a good year or two to realize that unfortunately for me. And with her being gone for so long and all of a sudden dropping B7...this edgy masterpiece ..we're like .. :shook:

B7 is going to be an emotional journey for us and for Brandy and it's just beginning. We haven't seen the last of it and I guarantee you some who hated now will later on think it's the best album she's ever done. Watch.

Your GIF is sending me  :plzstop:

But I agree with you and I totally believe that I will love it after a while. I always do with Brandy music when some of it doesn't catch me immediately

Don't understand how you didn't see it for Full Moon in 2002  :uhh: :dead:

I was 13 when that dropped and I didn't like that album at all at first. A few years later I got my whole LIFE and I've been hooked ever since.

OMG we were THAT young when Full Moon dropped? Wow that means we are close to death and I'll be damned if Brandy doesn't give us at least 7 more albums before it happens

hewritez

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 03:03:03 PM
Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on July 30, 2020, 03:00:37 PM
Quote from: hewritez on July 30, 2020, 02:53:26 PM
I'm gonna appreciate this for what it is...
having said that...

I think this could've been an excellent EP.
and it could've come out much sooner than now.

!!!!!

Unconditional Oceans
Rather Be
Lucid Dreams
Say Something
I Am More (without the rap)

Borderline would be better if they chopped HALF the song.

No Tomorrow was perfect as an interlude.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ACK!!! I feel the same way after listening a couple times...

!!!

Noni

Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on July 30, 2020, 03:04:37 PM
I have side-eyed all her albums since Afrodisiac but grew to love them for what they were.
I'm sure this one won't be my least favorite Brandy album by a long shot.

wait you kind of hit the nail with that...I just realized I've done the same :'(

FRANCE

Quote from: hewritez on July 30, 2020, 03:04:30 PM

;-)

We see eye to eye on everything re this album.

And yeah, if she had put this album out as a 6 EP in 2018, I woulda appreciated it more.

Ma Lo

Rather Be and Saving All My Love are the only songs with a clear melody. The rest of the songs have the melody and hooks scattered in unusual parts of each song .. which was .. a choice. Very risky. Will it pay off? This album is so different and ambitious for her. She's trying to change the game. 

Eh...

Can you give me a minute, yeah real quick, while I get me some m&m's from the 7 eleven....
Eh... 🤷🏾‍♂️

Noni

July 30, 2020, 03:08:32 PM #384 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:09:03 PM by Noni
Quote from: Eh... on July 30, 2020, 03:08:15 PM
Can you give me a minute, yeah real quick, while I get me some m&m's from the 7 eleven....

:uhh:

I'm willing to look past the lyrics though since the flow is nice...

ReVon

Quote from: Lew Scherzinger Norwood on July 30, 2020, 03:02:47 PM
lol but intro and outro were pointless on human too

but she tried to give an idedicate tea and its trash

It would have been better with out the bypass filter on them. It is so thick that you can barely
make out any of it. So it's pointless to have. maybe they did that to transition the tracks from
one to the next. idk

hewritez

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 03:07:28 PM
Quote from: hewritez on July 30, 2020, 03:04:30 PM

;-)

We see eye to eye on everything re this album.

And yeah, if she had put this album out as a 6 EP in 2018, I woulda appreciated it more.

!!!

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: FRANCE on July 30, 2020, 01:52:16 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 30, 2020, 01:49:51 PM
I'm not sure if I'm 100% on board with how she approached Lucid vocally. I would've preferred it to be softer at certain parts.

Rigggght. Her vocal approach is what is killin it for me. It needed her softer tone. I've listened to it a few times and I remember the production but could never sing it back to u or even hum the melody. Its a grower for me, but I like it.

Yeah it might've been my favorite otherwise
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

ReVon

Quote from: Ntwadumela on July 30, 2020, 03:07:39 PM
Rather Be and Saving All My Love are the only songs with a clear melody. The rest of the songs have the melody and hooks scattered in unusual parts of each song .. which was .. a choice. Very risky. Will it pay off? This album is so different and ambitious for her. She's trying to change the game.

:flamebroiled:

This 'MENT'ALLY ACCLAIMED is one for the books

:gorlonfire: