OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 30, 2020, 03:35:03 PM
Love how some of her lead vocals are in ur face with some songs and on other songs like SAML, you get super pulled back leads (i gotta get used to em)  and they're entrapped in this wall of SOUND

Then Unconditional Oceans is this warbly, really cool and PRETTY fucking weird airy acrobatic and emotive vocal over a video game DONKEY KONG ass knock

:plzstop: :plzstop:

DESTROY ME BRANDY

Yessss that is what I love

It just reminds me of Gwen Stefani - Yummy
Or I wanna fall in love

/.\

Ma Lo

Annie

July 30, 2020, 03:38:53 PM #422 Last Edit: July 30, 2020, 03:39:30 PM by Annie
Quote from: Kalifornia. on July 30, 2020, 03:33:07 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 02:25:09 PM
Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on July 30, 2020, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on July 30, 2020, 02:21:30 PM
n

half y'all dragged Daniel for saying Borderline is too long

I mean..it IS too damn long. He didn't lie.

I checked out halfway through.

!!!

It's soo unpolished... I see the potential but there's something off

That's how I feel about a lot of these songs. The vision & potential is there, but it needs to be pulled together better.

Amazing moments and potential
I just need some space or more structure (maybe even a bit more bold experimental noises), not just a bunch of vocals floating by..almost rambling. My mind literally checked out at times..which is great if I ever want to fall asleep during a train ride or something
:dead:

/.\

Kalifornia.

Where we gooo when we diiiive in the ocean

BITCH!!!!!!!!!!!

HUGO

ReVon

Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 30, 2020, 03:35:03 PM
Love how some of her lead vocals are in ur face with some songs and on other songs like SAML, you get super pulled back leads (i gotta get used to em)  and they're entrapped in this wall of SOUND

Then Unconditional Oceans is this warbly, really cool and PRETTY fucking weird airy acrobatic and emotive vocal over a video game DONKEY KONG ass knock

:plzstop: :plzstop:

DESTROY ME BRANDY

:gorlonfire:

Ma Lo

Annie

Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 03:32:51 PM
I'm not mad at SAML... just hate how it ends and goes into Oceans... that could've been cleaner

I was actually surprised by SAML because the snippets sounded like she was complaining, but she actually made an interesting intro song. Yes a bit more knock like Who I am. I also need some more staccato vocals..not a lot of woo woossss blended into eachother.

/.\

whatever

I like the sleep walking in a circle effect on lucid dreams...that was dope

Noni

Quote from: Annie on July 30, 2020, 03:38:53 PM
Quote from: Kalifornia. on July 30, 2020, 03:33:07 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 02:25:09 PM
Quote from: Corporate Cannibal. on July 30, 2020, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: CREAM. on July 30, 2020, 02:21:30 PM
n

half y'all dragged Daniel for saying Borderline is too long

I mean..it IS too damn long. He didn't lie.

I checked out halfway through.

!!!

It's soo unpolished... I see the potential but there's something off

That's how I feel about a lot of these songs. The vision & potential is there, but it needs to be pulled together better.

Amazing moments and potential
I just need some space or more structure (maybe even a bit more bold experimental noises), not just a bunch of vocals floating by..almost rambling. My mind literally checked out at times..which is great if I ever want to fall asleep during a train ride or something
:dead:

:plzstop:

FRANCE

I'm really proud of Brandy for taking control on this album and went into with an approach to just make music SHE loves and wasnt tryna work with hitmakers for hits to have some form of a career comeback. The fact that this is her...I gotta give her her flowers for challenging herself and taking a risk. Its not a bad album by any means. Lyrically, she's really sayin a lot. But its getting a bit lost. I think I'll use even more once I get that lyric sheet.

Honestly, she should rly add 3 more songs to this and re-release with fresh songs. So I can remove those interludes and High Heels/Baby Mama and get a complete album. 

Ma Lo

The begging of SAML was so fckin unexpected yet a perfect way to begin the album.. she lashed me guys sorry  :plzstop:

FRANCE

Quote from: Annie on July 30, 2020, 03:42:03 PM
Quote from: Harlem on July 30, 2020, 03:32:51 PM
I'm not mad at SAML... just hate how it ends and goes into Oceans... that could've been cleaner

I was actually surprised by SAML because the snippets sounded like she was complaining, but she actually made an interesting intro song. Yes a bit more knock like Who I am. I also need some more staccato vocals..not a lot of woo woossss blended into eachother.

Its one of the better vocals on the album for me. Human tone. A really clear tone and its one of the better mixed songs.

ReVon

She is a huge fan of Frank Ocean. I hear a lot of inspiration from him all up and through.

:flamebroiled:

Ma Lo

Quote from: whatever on July 30, 2020, 03:43:15 PM
I like the sleep walking in a circle effect on lucid dreams...that was dope

Very dope. The song just takes you away. I can honestly say that no brandy song made me feel the way lucid dreams did. It's on repeat.