OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monika

July 31, 2020, 04:23:14 PM #1830 Last Edit: July 31, 2020, 04:32:01 PM by Monika
I love on "No Tomorrow" when she goes "I like it cause you know how I get down". Her tone on "down"!  :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
Yahudah

I already had to lash someone for saying she's insensitive to real mental health issues. Let them say what they want. Brandy doesn't express her thoughts the best way sometimes. She should elaborate on what she means by "metaphor" if it becomes a real issue. I don't think it will.
^

Le Champ

Quote from: Rags on July 31, 2020, 04:21:16 PM
Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 04:16:14 PM
Quote from: Rags on July 31, 2020, 04:05:07 PM
Serious question time ddddd (Scroll past if it bugs you)

Does anyone else feel somewhat conflicted about Brandy using mental health as "metaphors" all throughout the album? I feel like if the wrong audience focuses on the lyrics they're going to drag her, especially when she's saying it's all metaphorical in interviews.

"I don't wanna be schizo no more" (Schizophrenia, not even sure how the symptoms or diagnosis would tie into the meaning of the song)
"I'm on the borderline" (Referring to Borderline Personality Disorder? That makes more sense, I guess)
"My mind is not retarded" (Dddddddd, this one speaks for itself. If some of the Twitter ments hear about this line...)
Bye BiPolar (According to the interview posted a few pages back, she isn't talking about herself, but about her ex. So she's just simply describing his behavior/mood as "bipolar"-ish?)

Obviously she's drawing from a lot of the pain she was in during the making of it (All of Lucid Dreams - abusing ambien, etc., "I'm medicated")... I don't blame her for not being more forthcoming in interviews as mental health is personal, but it would provide more context for people who might give her shit for her lyrics, instead of her basically saying she's using mental disorders at metaphors for being brokenhearted.

I don't know. I'm enjoying the music. The music meshes well with the mental turmoil in the lyrics. Just curious what you all think.

Have y'all ever thought that everything might not be a metaphor :dead:
Do y'all her to just come out and say she's been diagnosed? She's kinda telling on herself throughout the album dhdbdhdhd

Yeah, I thought that, but she's in interviews saying it's all metaphor, so  :uhh:

She's explicitly said in multiple interviews that she's talking about her mental health on b7. The message at the end of the border literally says WE

Heated🔥

Quote from: Shuji on the BORDERLINE🔥🥵 on July 31, 2020, 04:19:38 PM
Wait wait WAIT. I'm listening with my Bose headphones and there's a fucking song playing all throughout the All My Life Pt. 2 interlude that's fucking BOOKING me. It's fucking amazing. I see what they did there. There are hidden gems all throughout these interludes.

:plzstop:
babe u just realizing that?
Somebody posted the actual song in one of the threads.
She was singing downe

Andthecategoryis...

Does anyone else feel somewhat conflicted about Brandy using mental health as "metaphors" all throughout the album? I feel like if the wrong audience focuses on the lyrics they're going to drag her, especially when she's saying it's all metaphorical in interviews.

"I don't wanna be schizo no more" (Schizophrenia, not even sure how the symptoms or diagnosis would tie into the meaning of the song)
"I'm on the borderline" (Referring to Borderline Personality Disorder? That makes more sense, I guess)
"My mind is not retarded" (Dddddddd, this one speaks for itself. If some of the Twitter ments hear about this line...)
Bye BiPolar (According to the interview posted a few pages back, she isn't talking about herself, but about her ex. So she's just simply describing his behavior/mood as "bipolar"-ish?)

Obviously she's drawing from a lot of the pain she was in during the making of it (All of Lucid Dreams - abusing ambien, etc., "I'm medicated")... I don't blame her for not being more forthcoming in interviews as mental health is personal, but it would provide more context for people who might give her shit for her lyrics, instead of her basically saying she's using mental disorders at metaphors for being brokenhearted.

I don't know. I'm enjoying the music. The music meshes well with the mental turmoil in the lyrics. Just curious what you all think.
Y'all want her to literally say it and she's NOT. Like I get it that you want her to be more transparent in the interviews but you have to take it for what it is and read it through the music. Its def not just all metaphors
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Le Champ

Quote from: 123 on July 31, 2020, 04:23:21 PM
I already had to lash someone for saying she's insensitive to real mental health issues. Let them say what they want. Brandy doesn't express her thoughts the best way sometimes. She should elaborate on what she means by "metaphor" if it becomes a real issue. I don't think it will.

Even if she explicitly says something, people would still find something else :dead:

bby ddy

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on July 31, 2020, 04:26:03 PM

Y'all want her to literally say it and she's NOT. Like I get it that you want her to be more transparent in the interviews but you have to take it for what it is and read it through the music. Its def not just all metaphors

Right. She's not gonna address it head on when the answers are literally in the music. I feel like her songs are double entendres. Mental health is addressed in many of the tracks, not just the obvious ones.

I saw a few folks saying the album theme was "problematic" . But if her truth is seen as problematic, then so be it.

ReVon

Quote from: 123 on July 31, 2020, 04:23:21 PM

WELL GET THE PEOPLE TALKING ONE WAY OR ANOTHER BRANDY :flamebroiled:

What kind of MENT Mastermind! :flamebroiled:

b7

Agreeeed. Grammy's aren't everything but I'd love to see a nomination in one of the album categories

This day >>>

https://twitter.com/iammelsmith/status/1289086761092755456

https://twitter.com/iammelsmith/status/1289222589919813634

b7

Going for a Drive today or tonight so i can listen for the first time in THAT way

:gorlonfire:

Aalonso.

Is it a murder/suicide with "don't ever hurt me I'll change on you, I will do me and you"

ReVon

Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 31, 2020, 04:35:01 PM
Going for a Drive today or tonight so i can listen for the first time in THAT way

Enjoy your experience brother. You will get chills often throughout that journey :flamebroiled:

Le Champ

No Tomorrow is gonna lash that damn BACK in the car

ReVon

Quote from: BorderL0NZ. on July 31, 2020, 04:35:36 PM
Is it a murder/suicide with "don't ever hurt me I'll change on you, I will do me and you"

I think she is asking a question :dead:

I will do you and me, how?

How will I do you and me when I feel like I'm falling in love alone.

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 04:38:17 PM

No Tomorrow is gonna lash that damn BACK in the car

I'M WET
:wellheythere:
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track