OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

Quote from: Shuji on the BORDERLINE🔥🥵 on July 31, 2020, 04:19:38 PM
Wait wait WAIT. I'm listening with my Bose headphones and there's a fucking song playing all throughout the All My Life Pt. 2 interlude that's fucking BOOKING me. It's fucking amazing. I see what they did there. There are hidden gems all throughout these interludes.

:plzstop:
its this. IDK why they covered it up and turned it down

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 31, 2020, 04:34:16 PM
Agreeeed. Grammy's aren't everything but I'd love to see a nomination in one of the album categories

This day >>>

https://twitter.com/iammelsmith/status/1289086761092755456

https://twitter.com/iammelsmith/status/1289222589919813634

Don't you just love when Mel's thick ass speaks
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Arcstrider

Quote from: Rags on July 31, 2020, 04:05:07 PM
Serious question time ddddd (Scroll past if it bugs you)

Does anyone else feel somewhat conflicted about Brandy using mental health as "metaphors" all throughout the album? I feel like if the wrong audience focuses on the lyrics they're going to drag her, especially when she's saying it's all metaphorical in interviews.

"I don't wanna be schizo no more" (Schizophrenia, not even sure how the symptoms or diagnosis would tie into the meaning of the song)
"I'm on the borderline" (Referring to Borderline Personality Disorder? That makes more sense, I guess)
"My mind is not retarded" (Dddddddd, this one speaks for itself. If some of the Twitter ments hear about this line...)
Bye BiPolar (According to the interview posted a few pages back, she isn't talking about herself, but about her ex. So she's just simply describing his behavior/mood as "bipolar"-ish?)

Obviously she's drawing from a lot of the pain she was in during the making of it (All of Lucid Dreams - abusing ambien, etc., "I'm medicated")... I don't blame her for not being more forthcoming in interviews as mental health is personal, but it would provide more context for people who might give her shit for her lyrics, instead of her basically saying she's using mental disorders at metaphors for being brokenhearted.

I don't know. I'm enjoying the music. The music meshes well with the mental turmoil in the lyrics. Just curious what you all think.

She's speaking her truth the best way that she knows how. I think people need to stop holding others to all of these standards and taking everything so personally. She's not saying anything negative about those who might suffer from mental illnesses. And she probably does, herself, to some extent. It's not like she just used all of those metaphors just for the sake of doing so. There's a reason for it.

⚡ Flow like lightning. Strike like thunder. 🌀

We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark;
the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.

BORderline

Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 04:38:17 PM
Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 31, 2020, 04:35:01 PM
Going for a Drive today or tonight so i can listen for the first time in THAT way

:gorlonfire:

No Tomorrow is gonna lash that damn BACK in the car
d

ds
sfgdfg
fdg
df
gfd
:plzstop:

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: BorderL0NZ. on July 31, 2020, 04:35:36 PM
Is it a murder/suicide with "don't ever hurt me I'll change on you, I will do me and you"

JESUS  :plzstop:

MENT queen.

This actually makes me like the song even more  :dead:

ReVon

Fans need to realize we have to let the artist tell their story the way they want because it is theirs to tell.

BranLover

Is it a murder/suicide with "don't ever hurt me I'll change on you, I will do me and you"

Yes! I caught that. She really got into character for all of it.

Aalonso.

Quote from: Say-Something-ReVon on July 31, 2020, 04:40:57 PM

I think she is asking a question :dead:

I will do you and me, how?

How will I do you and me when I feel like I'm falling in love alone.

Or asking her multiple selves which interesting way can she do it

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on July 31, 2020, 04:20:59 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 31, 2020, 03:04:45 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on July 31, 2020, 02:11:37 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 31, 2020, 01:33:24 PM
I think I'm going to make a playlist with

Rather Be
Lucid Dreams
Borderline
No Tomorrow
Say Something
Bye Bipolar

and Plan B

That's the album for me.

No Unconditional Oceans? Ur crazy.

That mixing is crazy
Girlllll how many times are you gonna say that, its like every post. Its givin Borderline obsessed. Yes its not the best mix but its sounds good on Apple Music. Either get Apple Music or shut tf up damn

Bitch fuck off
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Heated🔥

Quote from: Lee on July 31, 2020, 04:38:17 PM
Quote from: RIGs Oceans on July 31, 2020, 04:35:01 PM
Going for a Drive today or tonight so i can listen for the first time in THAT way

:gorlonfire:

No Tomorrow is gonna lash that damn BACK in the car
yes lassh da fuck outta him ghan.
:nowgorl:

Bigmacthawoppa

Y'all, I'm on like a rollercoaster of emotions  :plzstop:

I can't decide how I feel  :stressed:

Some of these songs are starting to sit a little better with me. I'm doing my BEST to reframe and accept this as it is, not how I expected or wanted it to be. I think after being so invested in Brandy for so long I've (and others) started to feel like I have a some sort of say in what she delivers. That's one of the problems with stanning. I was able to appreciate the music more when I just took it for what it was without all of my aassumptions about what it should be. I'm trying to get back to that mentality (not saying I'm through stanning Ghan tho  :dead:)

I resent the hell out of Baby Mama and Love Again being on there still. They just feel out of place compared to everything else. Hopefully I'll grow accustomed to their flow in the album. The first half is where it's at for me right now, for sure tho. And I do feel like Borderline might end up becoming a staple for me. I get those tingly feelings when I hear it and the video sold it even more.

Thanks for putting up with me on my journey and hashing out my feelings lmao. One thing I can say for sure is that this is making me feel something, and challenging my perceptions for real. That's better than a, "oh, cute" and punch tea any day.

ReVon

Quote from: JCJ on July 31, 2020, 04:55:15 PM
Quote from: Andthecategoryis... on July 31, 2020, 04:20:59 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 31, 2020, 03:04:45 PM
Quote from: FRANCE on July 31, 2020, 02:11:37 PM
Quote from: JCJ on July 31, 2020, 01:33:24 PM
I think I'm going to make a playlist with

Rather Be
Lucid Dreams
Borderline
No Tomorrow
Say Something
Bye Bipolar

and Plan B

That's the album for me.

No Unconditional Oceans? Ur crazy.

That mixing is crazy
Girlllll how many times are you gonna say that, its like every post. Its givin Borderline obsessed. Yes its not the best mix but its sounds good on Apple Music. Either get Apple Music or shut tf up damn

Bitch fuck off

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

They need to get Drake on the Borderline remix. I'm kinda getting a updated "Successful" vibe  :enchantress:
^

JCJ 🪐

Literally responding to someone addressing ME  :blink:

Dumbass
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

ReVon

Quote from: 123 on July 31, 2020, 04:57:09 PM
They need to get Drake on the Borderline remix. I'm kinda getting a updated "Successful" vibe  :enchantress:

:lopsided: :gorlonfire: