OMG B7 is lashing guyyyyyyssssss !!!

Started by AfroJisiac, July 30, 2020, 08:05:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

#Mu7

Quote from: Lee on August 01, 2020, 11:02:18 PM
Quote from: jtwoeleven on August 01, 2020, 10:50:38 PM
I just don't get the criticisms like "oh, there's no melodies! I can't sing along with any of this!"

Maybe they just have basic voices and can't sing?

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

:dead:
There are several "sing along" songs on the album tho
Rather Be, Borderline, No Tomorrow, Say Something, Love Again, Baby Ma  :plzstop:
I'm sorry, but this ain't no cookie cutter mess. This album honestly puts me in the same zone as D'Angelo's Voodoo or Black Messiah. It can't be consumed like a basic r&b album.

This tell them nighas put on some high def headphones and dig in .... If not stick to Jhene and Simmer Walker.

Le Champ

Quote from: The Mu Edition on August 01, 2020, 11:14:45 PM
I just don't get the criticisms like "oh, there's no melodies! I can't sing along with any of this!"

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Rather Be, Borderline, No Tomorrow, Say Something, Love Again, Baby Ma  :plzstop:
I'm sorry, but this ain't no cookie cutter mess. This album honestly puts me in the same zone as D'Angelo's Voodoo or Black Messiah. It can't be consumed like a basic r&b album.

This tell them nighas put on some high def headphones and dig in .... If not stick to Jhene and Simmer Walker.

That's the hilarious part...the people they DO go up for djdhdhdnnd

We been hearing the same basic shit for YEARS. We thank God for Brandy Norwood for saving us from this MESS.

Kaeli.

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

m

& notice those are the best songs on the mess

Ma Lo

The good news is that although a lot of us don't really like the album that much the critics seem to be taking to it. I was blown away by the Rollingstones article. Unbelievable. Rolling Stones?! Cmon 

#Mu7

Am I the only one that loves saving all my love ....causee it kinda lashes me.

#Mu7

Quote from: Ntwadumela on August 01, 2020, 11:40:25 PM
The good news is that although a lot of us don't really like the album that much the critics seem to be taking to it. I was blown away by the Rollingstones article. Unbelievable. Rolling Stones?! Cmon

If ya don't like the album ya taste is questionable and that's on that.

Le Champ

Quote from: The Mu Edition on August 01, 2020, 11:40:58 PM

Nah the song is golden. Literally the perfect album opener. BSlade really put my thoughts into words
https://twitter.com/bsladenow/status/1289758357377622016?s=21

Ma Lo

Nope I even have that demo Camper played on his live and it's better to me than the final. I loved it at first listen.

#Mu7

Quote from: Lee on August 01, 2020, 11:44:19 PM

Nah the song is golden. Literally the perfect album opener. BSlade really put my thoughts into words
https://twitter.com/bsladenow/status/1289758357377622016?s=21

Bruh that shit lashes TF out of me.......it really gives me chills at certain points. The fucking production and her backs..... Sheesh

CREAM.

I love the album minus two songs

Le Champ

I definitely don't want to judge anyone's taste, but it's very weird hearing Brandy stans not respond well to b7 because to me, it encompasses everything that I stan about her :dead: like I listen to it and I'm like "THIS is Brandy." It's a mix of her BEST work, released and unreleased, plus this commitment to move the needle. I'm just amazed.
Then I see people who don't use but go up for Two Eleven and it's like...it appears you were a fan of a bunch of demos more than Brandy herself. There were very few moments on that album that felt authentic or true to Brandy. 
I'm glad she got that out her system and people can go back to that if they feel they must, but I'm so looking forward to this girl who has completely found her artistic freedom. 

Ma Lo

Quote from: CREAM. on August 01, 2020, 11:53:43 PM
I love the album minus two songs

So happy you like it.

#Mu7

Quote from: Lee on August 01, 2020, 11:56:11 PM
I definitely don't want to judge anyone's taste, but it's very weird hearing Brandy stans not respond well to b7 because to me, it encompasses everything that I stan about her :dead: like I listen to it and I'm like "THIS is Brandy." It's a mix of her BEST work, released and unreleased, plus this commitment to move the needle. I'm just amazed.
Then I see people who don't use but go up for Two Eleven and it's like...it appears you were a fan of a bunch of demos more than Brandy herself. There were very few moments on that album that felt authentic or true to Brandy.
I'm glad she got that out her system and people can go back to that if they feel they must, but I'm so looking forward to this girl who has completely found her artistic freedom.

This album feels the most "Brandy" to me since Full Moon . I said this a while back. I'm not going to convince anybody that this album is GOOD. Cause it really just speaks for itself

RAY7

Saving All My...>>>>
Lucid is growing on me so much
Bran is just...