Previous topic - Next topic

GYNandTONIC

This pineapple under the sea knock that is Unconditional Oceans 
:howfestive:

What kinda submarine descending at the beginning   :plzstop:

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

Quote from: Atlroyalty05 on August 02, 2020, 12:40:28 PM
Quote from: Jumpmaanjumpmaan on August 02, 2020, 12:30:16 PM
I listened to the album all weekend and I can honestly say it's growing on me!...I do hate the mixing tho. How can brandy and her team allow this? Also I need her to start pronouncing her words clear...When people listen to a song they listen to the words they don't wanna play the guessing game ( lyrics would help ) saving all my love is my shyt but it seems as if they slowed it down or something.

I really think some of that is the mixing. There definitely needed to be someone other than her as EP to mix right. The album is a really good definitely would love a deluxe version and maybe fix the mixing with the bonus songs

Andthecategoryis...

Quote from: yummy on August 01, 2020, 09:25:31 PM
"WE CAN CROOOOOSS THE LINE

SCHIZO...THIS TIIIME"

WHY IS THIS SENDING ME OVER THE DAMN LINE...FVCK A BORDER
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
I'm bossy/I'm the first girl to scream on a track

Bigmacthawoppa

Quote from: Jumpmaanjumpmaan on August 02, 2020, 12:48:42 PM
I listened to the album all weekend and I can honestly say it's growing on me!...I do hate the mixing tho. How can brandy and her team allow this? Also I need her to start pronouncing her words clear...When people listen to a song they listen to the words they don't wanna play the guessing game ( lyrics would help ) saving all my love is my shyt but it seems as if they slowed it down or something.

I really think some of that is the mixing. There definitely needed to be someone other than her as EP to mix right. The album is a really good definitely would love a deluxe version and maybe fix the mixing with the bonus songs

!!!!

The only thing that's preventing me from being able to FULLY get in. I hope someone communicates this to her (constructively, lol) so that moving forward she gets someone to take care of that. The curious thing is that Baby Mama and Love Again are mixed well, and by the same crew as the other songs. So I'm not really sure what happened...

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 02, 2020, 12:51:03 PM

!!!!

The only thing that's preventing me from being able to FULLY get in. I hope someone communicates this to her (constructively, lol) so that moving forward she gets someone to take care of that. The curious thing is that Baby Mama and Love Again are mixed well, and by the same crew as the other songs. So I'm not really sure what happened...

I think her team just like saying YES YES YES...smh

VirgoMind

it was mixed by one of the top mixers in the business. Jaycen Joshua (sp?) Brandy and camper weren't just mixing all these songs and/or going the cheap route. I think the mixing was intentional.

I personally heard and understood her fine first listen.

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

Quote from: VirgoMind on August 02, 2020, 12:58:32 PM

it was mixed by one of the top mixers in the business. Jaycen Joshua (sp?) Brandy and camper weren't just mixing all these songs and/or going the cheap route. I think the mixing was intentional.

Yea she had Jaycen Joshua mix some songs which is y I don't get y it sounds off. I'm glad u can understand every word cause I can't.

Bigmacthawoppa

August 02, 2020, 01:17:47 PM #2242 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:30:19 PM by Bigmacthawoppa
I listened to the album all weekend and I can honestly say it%u2019s growing on me!...I do hate the mixing tho. How can brandy and her team allow this? Also I need her to start pronouncing her words clear...When people listen to a song they listen to the words they don%u2019t wanna play the guessing game ( lyrics would help ) saving all my love is my shyt but it seems as if they slowed it down or something.

it was mixed by one of the top mixers in the business. Jaycen Joshua (sp?) Brandy and camper weren%u2019t just mixing all these songs and/or going the cheap route. I think the mixing was intentional.

Why would the engineer intentionally mix it poorly? That doesn't make any sense  :dead:

I think the more likely explanation is that he just didn't give his best effort. A lot of this era has given budget b/c of her indie status, so I'm thinking whoever was responsible didn't pay top dollar for mixing allocations. The quality gives me unreleased/mixtape. Same sound as Freedom Rings. I guess some people are ok w/ that or wanna make excuses but I'm struggling to see why they would choose to make it sound rough on purpose. Like, Aaliyah's "Messed Up" is an example of this similar sound but still mixed very well. So it achieves the intention of being weird/progressive while sounding professionally done.

I'm not trying to piss anyone off but I'm also not gonna color it with roses and rainbows. The art here is beautiful, and there are still areas with room for improvement.

Sovereign.

August 02, 2020, 01:17:56 PM #2243 Last Edit: August 02, 2020, 01:23:09 PM by Sovereign.
Quote from: Te Kā 🔥 on August 02, 2020, 01:11:28 PM
if you can't understand what GHan is saying , i'd first blame it on "Brandyese" ...before mixing

we know kwee throws diction to the wind sometimes to give a TEA.

!!!!  :plzstop:

VirgoMind

if you can't understand what GHan is saying , i'd first blame it on "Brandyese" ...before mixing

!!!!!  :dead:

Bigmacthawoppa

Dddddd I was gonna say... even on her best mixed songs I can't undertand what language she's using sometimes  :dead:

Harlem

Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 02, 2020, 01:17:47 PM

Why would the engineer intentionally mix it poorly? That doesn't make any sense  :dead:

I think the more likely explanation is that he just didn't give his best effort. A lot of this era has given budget b/c of her indie status, so I'm thinking whoever was responsible didn't pay top dollar for mixing allocations. The quality gives me unreleased/mixtape. Same sound as Freedom Rings. I guess some people are ok w/ that or wanna make excuses but I'm struggling to see why they would choose to make it sound rough on purpose. Like, Aaliyah's "Messed Up" is an example of this similar sound but still be mixed very well. So it achieves the intention of being wierd/progressive while sounding professionally done.

I'm not trying to piss anoyone off but I'm also not gonna color it with roses and rainbows. The art here is beautiful, and there are still areas with room for improvement.

!!!!!

I agree with all of this!

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

Quote from: Harlem on August 02, 2020, 01:26:42 PM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on August 02, 2020, 01:17:47 PM

I think the more likely explanation is that he just didn't give his best effort. A lot of this era has given budget b/c of her indie status, so I'm thinking whoever was responsible didn't pay top dollar for mixing allocations. The quality gives me unreleased/mixtape. Same sound as Freedom Rings. I guess some people are ok w/ that or wanna make excuses but I'm struggling to see why they would choose to make it sound rough on purpose. Like, Aaliyah's "Messed Up" is an example of this similar sound but still be mixed very well. So it achieves the intention of being wierd/progressive while sounding professionally done.

I'm not trying to piss anoyone off but I'm also not gonna color it with roses and rainbows. The art here is beautiful, and there are still areas with room for improvement.

!!!!!

I agree with all of this!

Very well said :)

Jumpmaanjumpmaan

Quote from: VirgoMind on August 02, 2020, 01:18:24 PM

!!!!!  :dead:

:kii: