Rih, Weeknd, & Bruno Approached For Prince's Grammy Tribute

Started by Freemala Harris, January 09, 2017, 04:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Representatives for Prince?s estate are nearing a deal that could have some of the artist?s greatest hits available for streaming on major services like Spotify and Apple Music in time for the Grammy Awards, a source close to the situation confirms to Billboard. (The news was first reported on Bloomberg.)

The Grammys are planning a major tribute to Prince, for which The Weeknd, Rihanna and Bruno Mars have been discussed or approached, the source says. Prince, who won several Grammys and appeared on the show several times, died of an accidental drug overdose on April 21 at the age of 57.

A likely scenario would see a TV commercial air during the Grammy broadcast following the tribute, which would announce that certain songs are immediately available on Spotify and Apple Music. The source tells Billboard that publishers, performing rights organizations and at least one label have been alerted to an impending deal.

Reps for Prince?s estate, Spotify, Apple Music, The Weeknd, Rihanna and Bruno Mars had not responded to Billboard?s request for comment at press time.

http://www.billboard.com/articles/news/7647991/prince-grammy-streaming-rihanna-weeknd-bruno-mars?utm_source=twitter&utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Young

This is cute

It's mainstream so I get it

The BET one was LIT tho>>>

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Freemala Harris

Quote from: Vonc2002 on January 09, 2017, 04:41:36 PM
Id love to see Rih do a KISS mess

With the live guitarist too

Woo!  :gorlonfire:

A Kiss it x When Doves/Little Red Corvette mashup

Young

Lazarus

Freemala Harris

Quote from: Young on January 09, 2017, 04:44:31 PM
But who's gonna do Purp' Rain

Bruno would slay that

But in reality they better book The New Power Generation, The Time/Morris Day, Rosie Gaines etc

Vonc2002

Quote from: Young on January 09, 2017, 04:44:31 PM
But who's gonna do Purp' Rain
Bruno. Do we need that tho? Can't we mix it up a bit? I'm purple rained tf OUT
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

BAPHOMET.

Rih's voice is more miss than hit.

:dead: this will be interesting

Vonc2002

I honestly dont need to hear anything from the weekend tho.  He's so terrible to me smh

Freemala Harris

I could see Weeknd slaying 'I Wanna Be Your Lover' after I Feel It Coming

4 fucking k

I don't want to hear Rihanna ruin Prince's classics omg :dead: all those failed notes.

Not worried about Bruno or Weekned tho. They have the falsetto and are influenced by Prince.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: witch on January 09, 2017, 04:49:58 PM
I don't want to hear Rihanna ruin Prince's classics omg :dead: all those failed notes.

Not worried about Bruno or Weekned tho. They have the falsetto and are influenced by Prince.

!!!