Talisa was fucking DRAGGED.... Very clear thread, as well.

Started by XXX., March 28, 2017, 06:43:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: Fuck you. on March 28, 2017, 07:16:05 PM
Hold on now. K Michelle cannot sing

:ummwhat:
AT ALL!And not fckn Shanice :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Genesis

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2017, 07:19:45 PM

Well if you want to get technical, yeah k michelle is horrible but you know black folks love to generalize church hollering with "sanging" lol

Genesis

And tinashe won't pop because she's fucking all of these different label execs that keeps pulling her music in different directions.

Vonc2002

I don't consider Tinashe a weak voiced singer tho.  She can sing a bit but I just don't necessarily love her voice
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Blond?. on March 28, 2017, 07:09:53 PM
Quote from: BrokenHeartsHeal on March 28, 2017, 07:00:15 PM
gotta take into factor that the public aint even using the black sangers either dddd

This is a lie.

For every Omarion and Kelly Rowland, there's a Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato.  The white girls ain't selling shit either.  It's the industry, period.

Beyonce?  Rihanna?  The Weekend?  Drake? 

Some of the biggest artists in the game right now are black.

I'm talking about a specific type of entertainer.

all them are ambiguously black

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

XXX.

Quote from: ShutYourMouth. on March 28, 2017, 07:17:56 PM
I will say it can't be easy to market for an artist to herself as some "singing/dancing" sensation while Queen Knowles reigns. She owns that lane and ain't ready to let no girl get up in it.

Still, the mainstream radio doesn't recognize an abundance of similar sounding artists, especially where black girls are concerned.

This is a good point, but I don't think it's just B.  I think it's Beyonce and Rihanna.

They both dominate to me what the other lacks. 

I think it's hard to really be exciting in black/crossover music if you aren't better than these 2 - Rihanna with the crossover hits/fashion & Beyonce being well....Beyonce.

I saw someone say once that another black girl will pop off in mainstream when Beyonce and Rihanna finally die down.  I'm starting to believe that. 

I do believe there is some racial stuff there (numbers don't lie), but I'm not buying the "support" excuse. 

Vonc2002

Quote from: Genesis on March 28, 2017, 07:21:15 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2017, 07:19:45 PM

Well if you want to get technical, yeah k michelle is horrible but you know black folks love to generalize church hollering with "sanging" lol
Ok that's true too

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

wendy wendy wendyyyyyyy

Tinashe is a weak voiced gorl

moving right along

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Cowboy Nine

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 28, 2017, 07:22:03 PM
I don't consider Tinashe a weak voiced singer tho.  She can sing a bit but I just don't necessarily love her voice
yeah Princess can sing.

I wouldn't put her with Christina Milian and Ciara

XXX.

Quote from: TheNextLew on March 28, 2017, 07:22:20 PM
gotta take into factor that the public aint even using the black sangers either dddd

This is a lie.

For every Omarion and Kelly Rowland, there's a Selena Gomez and Demi Lovato.  The white girls ain't selling shit either.  It's the industry, period.

Are you talking about colorism?

Because if so, Tinashe and Ciara ain't exactly dark.

So, that example is not a good one.

Genesis

Quote from: TheNextLew on March 28, 2017, 07:22:20 PM

This is a lie.

Demi may not be selling that much but she's still booking high profile gigs that Only Beyonce/Rihanna/ Drake etc can cover and get radio play on mainstream stations

AIDS

Quote from: Nine on March 28, 2017, 07:23:15 PM
yeah Princess can sing.

True.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Nine on March 28, 2017, 07:23:15 PM
yeah Princess can sing.

Yea Tuna has a lil voice on her