i could've punched kelly square in her face

Started by opha lipa, April 18, 2024, 04:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RAY7

This was dope. I'm sure Kelly was glad just to have a main stage performance at the BET Awards cuz she wasn't booking that without Bey

Jon

Never noticed how she used to sing so much higher back   :tellmemoreireallycare:

She had great performances at the BET Awards

whatever

So crazy how artists of her caliber couldn't book bet award show slots when new comers like Chloe, Doechii, Coco Jones etc can book them with ease.

Our r&b girls got the shit end of the stick during their era.

opha lipa

Quote from: whatever on April 20, 2024, 02:28:57 AMSo crazy how artists of her caliber couldn't book bet award show slots when new comers like Chloe, Doechii, Coco Jones etc can book them with ease.

i think this was more if kelly lacking CONFIDENCE. she went the safe route and probably let them pitch to her "oh dc3 on stage again, omg! iconic!"

plus i think matthew was still managing at the time 🙄
think that imma fall for an illu-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-sion

RAY7

Quote from: whatever on April 20, 2024, 02:28:57 AMSo crazy how artists of her caliber couldn't book bet award show slots when new comers like Chloe, Doechii, Coco Jones etc can book them with ease.

it's because Award shows in general are much less popular now. The top artists are not lining up to perform at award shows outside of the Oscars or Grammys because they know ppl aren't really watching. Now the BET Awards will take almost anyone they can get

Boomz

Quote from: RAY7 on April 20, 2024, 09:04:48 AM

it's because Award shows in general are much less popular now. The top artists are not lining up to perform at award shows outside of the Oscars or Grammys because they know ppl aren't really watching. Now the BET Awards will take almost anyone they can get

!!!

The star power has dropped off A LOT

I just went to Wikipedia and looked at the 2023 BET Awards performers cause I couldn't remember

And...Eek!
 :plzstop:

opha lipa

April 20, 2024, 02:28:22 PM #21 Last Edit: April 20, 2024, 02:28:46 PM by how u let him cheat
stars just aren't trained, invested in or marketed the way they used to be. part of it is our fault tbh (the GP)
think that imma fall for an illu-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-u-U-sion

Lazarus

!!!!!!

Especially when they had Monica and Brandy performing on the Pre-show.