The girl that was bashed for playing Aaliyah and Storm, is currently unraveling.

Started by b7, December 14, 2017, 06:59:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ya rock muh world.

All considered, I guess I can empathize a bit.

It's so easy to say "its just color/shade"....

But even tho GODlli isn't a superhero , she's definitely a hero to me.

If someone ever did a movie about her and put some light bright woman to play her I'd be like ummm...  :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: this ain't GODlli.

It's not like I grew up thinking "omg she's representing! this is so non-problematic! am i to..."

but there was definitely something about her that drew me to her. I'd be lying if I said her beautiful skin tone wasn't part of it.

When I look at it that way, I can understand where some people are coming from. I guess because I'm not very invested into Storm, it's not a huge deal to me.

Eternal Bell

like sumone else said earlier regardin disney buyin fox

they shoulda jus ended tha fox x-verse with LOGAN
tht woulda been tha perfect send off of fox's x-men

Stewie

She surprised me in x men maybe because I had such low expectations... her accent was a hell of a lot better than Halle's

b7

Quote from: Stewie on December 14, 2017, 09:37:58 PM
She surprised me in x men maybe because I had such low expectations... her accent was a hell of a lot better than Halle's
yea even her Arabic was somewhat impressive

Overall just not believable though

b7

Quote from: 20.ulanigida.18 on December 14, 2017, 09:31:51 PM

If someone ever did a movie about her and put some light bright woman to play her I'd be like ummm...  :unsure: :unsure: :unsure: this ain't GODlli.

It's not like I grew up thinking "omg she's representing! this is so non-problematic! am i to..."

but there was definitely something about her that drew me to her. I'd be lying if I said her beautiful skin tone wasn't part of it.

When I look at it that way, I can understand where some people are coming from. I guess because I'm not very invested into Storm, it's not a huge deal to me.
!!!! Without realizing it, we?re drawn to people and artists for certain reasons. Representation is important

Little girls seeing themselves on screen is a big deal. I don?t think we give kids enough credit sdddff they arent dumb and BLIND.

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: 1RIG on December 14, 2017, 09:41:54 PM
Quote from: 20.ulanigida.18 on December 14, 2017, 09:31:51 PM

!!!! Without realizing it, we?re drawn to people and artists for certain reasons. Representation is important

Little girls seeing themselves on screen is a big deal. I don?t think we give kids enough credit sdddff they arent dumb and BLIND.
Yeah. I feel bad for kind of disregarding that. I should know way better.

I'd be FUMING. And it seems like such a little detail I suppose but when you damn near idolize someone, details got damn matter.

KING BENTLEY.

I like what Xandra gave to Storm

She was alternate timeline/dating Wolvie badass Storm
When she grunted ?Nnughh!?

That kinda brought something different than Halle.

The real issue is that gorls want what the original KWEENS gave to Storm?s character in cinematic form

but we can?t have it! Ugh!

H.#.G.*.Z

Stewie

Quote from: 1RIG on December 14, 2017, 09:40:29 PM
Quote from: Stewie on December 14, 2017, 09:37:58 PM
yea even her Arabic was somewhat impressive

Overall just not believable though

!!!....you can tell she practiced that accent

Aalumeci.

Quote from: Genesis on December 14, 2017, 09:19:34 PM
This is stupid

She was casted to look like a younger version of Halle?s character.. why would they cast a dark skinned woman who gets lighter as she ages? :dead:

So much more going on to be worried about this light skinned vs dark skinned mess.  :dead:

Was she cast to play a younger Storm or a younger Halle?

BAPHOMET.

ya rock muh world.

Eternal Bell

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on December 14, 2017, 09:53:37 PM
SFDKJGHJJJJJJJJJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJHJ

I see it.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BUsHQhKjpTP
ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddb