dddd Lil Nas Trolls a Hotep Nigger

Started by Freemala Harris, March 01, 2021, 09:47:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dr Naomi Campbell

Like it's spring
Who is requesting that shit
Can you even request songs on the radio anymore  :dead:

JCJ 🪐

Well, My point was that simple payola is simply THAT. Payola. This "industry plant" and the way y'all use it implies some dramatic coordinated effort by the industry to propel someone to superstardom.  :blink:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: Jayda X on March 02, 2021, 01:19:40 PM
Like it's spring

That's not how radio works anymore

CHOKE

ophmani

Quote from: Banana Powder🦋 on March 02, 2021, 10:59:17 AM
What's an industry plant Oph?

And don't give me none of your smart ass mess either

bvvvbbbb

i'll try bby

depending on who u ask its either

a) an artist tuat pretends to be indie whioe having the backing if a major label

or

b) an artists who has been fixed or "planted" and made to seem as though they are more successful than they are (payola, etc) for the sake of financial gain

idk why yall be so mad when ppl say it. if somebody offered me an opportunity to be an industry plant, butch where do i sign

:dead:
this type bitch have u wylin'
hit this shit in the islands

Dr Naomi Campbell

Nah we just mean someone who is marginally talented who has appeared out of nowhere who has a big machine behind them that ensures most of their mess dominates airwaves and streaming charts

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: JCJ on March 02, 2021, 01:21:22 PM
Quote from: Jayda X on March 02, 2021, 01:19:40 PM
Like it's spring

That's not how radio works anymore
I know :dead:
Labels are paying DJ's to spin their mess

JCJ 🪐

Quote from: speed of oph' on March 02, 2021, 01:22:42 PM

bvvvbbbb

i'll try bby

a) an artist tuat pretends to be indie whioe having the backing if a major label

or

b) an artists who has been fixed or "planted" and made to seem as though they are more successful than they are (payola, etc) for the sake of financial gain

idk why yall be so mad when ppl say it. if somebody offered me an opportunity to be an industry plant, butch where do i sign

Well for me it's because people tend to OVERUSE it for just about everyone, especially for someone they don't like.

CHOKE

Oh. Ion know 
His mess seem organic to me 

Dr Naomi Campbell

bvvvbbbb

i'll try bby

or

!!!
Like when Chance the rapper tried to give a indie mess

shante smith

I think the whole "industry plant" thing could just be another way of describing the "machine" tbh

ultimately a lot of new artists get placed in front of us time and time again to begin with not cuz of a demand for them but because there's money behind them. The seeds are being planted for them to grow

Many are pushed until they "pop".  

CHOKE

Quote from: Indian in da ATL 🦅 on March 02, 2021, 01:30:16 PM
I think the whole "industry plant" thing could just be another way of describing the "machine" tbh

ultimately a lot of new artists get placed in front of us time and time again to begin with not cuz of a demand for them but because there's money behind them. The seeds are being planted for them to grow

t4p

shante smith

Nfnfnfnfnf g h b. Bbv nvb

yw boo. I can also beat ur ass 

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Indian in da ATL 🦅 on March 02, 2021, 01:30:16 PM

!!!

Aalumeci.

bvvvbbbb

i'll try bby

or

nnn million tholla theals, wheres my pen, bitch am signing