Random thoughts ...

Started by b7, December 26, 2017, 09:36:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kalifornia.

I wish my family nourished my more artistic side growing up. I was such an creative child with a crazy imagination,
but I remember how the men in my family would say shit like, "You need to pick up a football instead painting & making storybooks".

They were so caught up on "That's for girls/boys", that after a while you began to think it was wrong to be creative.

I look back on that sometimes and feel so robbed. That's why I try to be extra encouraging to my nephews and their passions.

I'm glad more kids today are free to be themselves and express their creativity.

ton

b7

Quote from: so ghetto. on April 26, 2019, 08:31:49 AM
Between TS Madison on Instagram disappointed with TheShadeRoom stealing her "court" show mess and developing a new mess without her (with Big Freedia backing her up on Insta saying he's tired of the mess too), to Bobby Lytes on Twitter yesterday saying that if he straight he would be bigger..clearly frustrated with ceilings he's hitting even with the reality TV platform he has....

My heart goes out to my very talented and charismatic Black LGBTQ family who just want a fair shot like everyone else to reach those "heights".

Unfortunately, the reality is that as long as you are a "Black gay" act, there will always be some sort of ceiling right above your head. The world just isn't ready for that type of act to be truly mainstream.  It's really not much different from this world not being ready to give Beyonce her AOTY award, no matter how hard she works, or how talented she is.

"It is what it is." You can stick around and hope for "better", but just know better may not come in your entire lifetime.

After a while I just saw things in a business light as opposed to passion, and decided that the business of music (especially as a Black LGBTQ act) is just not very scalable or lucrative. And recording, videos, etc. are all investments. You get wiser and think as an investor....cutting off what isn't bringing enough money back to your pockets.
i just TS Madison's post

Eeek. They're clearly heavily "inspired" by what she's done, but they know they don't HAVE to consult or include her in any way.

What a mess

b7

Ncncnncncncn @ the caption.  Now see :dead: 

the shaderoom should know better. Why not partner with the girls thatre actually already thriving in that arena and have a legitimate fan base of their own? People are already dragging him in the comments 

FlowerBomb

Quote from: so ghetto. on April 26, 2019, 12:41:47 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 26, 2019, 12:11:46 PM
Quote from: so ghetto. on April 26, 2019, 08:31:49 AM
Between TS Madison on Instagram disappointed with TheShadeRoom stealing her "court" show mess and developing a new mess without her (with Big Freedia backing her up on Insta saying he's tired of the mess too), to Bobby Lytes on Twitter yesterday saying that if he straight he would be bigger..clearly frustrated with ceilings he's hitting even with the reality TV platform he has....

My heart goes out to my very talented and charismatic Black LGBTQ family who just want a fair shot like everyone else to reach those "heights".

Unfortunately, the reality is that as long as you are a "Black gay" act, there will always be some sort of ceiling right above your head. The world just isn't ready for that type of act to be truly mainstream.  It's really not much different from this world not being ready to give Beyonce her AOTY award, no matter how hard she works, or how talented she is.

"It is what it is." You can stick around and hope for "better", but just know better may not come in your entire lifetime.

After a while I just saw things in a business light as opposed to passion, and decided that the business of music (especially as a Black LGBTQ act) is just not very scalable or lucrative. And recording, videos, etc. are all investments. You get wiser and think as an investor....cutting off what isn't bringing enough money back to your pockets.
i just TS Madison's post

Eeek. They're clearly heavily "inspired" by what she's done, but they know they don't HAVE to consult or include her in any way.

What a mess
I was on the fence about whether it was a direct bite-off of TS Madison because there are so many court shows on TV ... I half-watch some of them whenever I work from home and many of them are giving pure MESS now ... with storylines that seem to be made up and sexy text messages and half nude pics as evidence and mess...They've all become very Maury-ish. So I was like hmmmm.

But when I saw that TheShadeRoom has a flamboyantly gay gor as the judge.....I was like OK this is definitely stepping into Maddie's territory.

And to add insult to injury...the judge is a White culture vulture

Here he is... and v @ the caption

QuoteGiving these bitches life with no parole! #JudgeLandon coming soon🏛♥️

:uhh: :uhh: :uhh:

FlowerBomb

I'd be fucking pissed too
and the owner of TSR is black woman

b7

Quote from: so ghetto. on April 26, 2019, 12:49:59 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on April 26, 2019, 12:45:47 PM
Ncncnncncncn @ the caption.  Now see :dead:

the shaderoom should know better. Why not partner with the girls thatre actually already thriving in that arena and have a legitimate fan base of their own? People are already dragging him in the comments
I think the Landon guy does have a following though

He came onto TS Madison's Insta page to clear his name a bit....left a comment under Maddie's rant saying that TS Madison wanted her to come on Queen's Court as a co-host but wasn't willing to pay her.

Mess. I don't think he deserves to be dragged because he's getting his bag where he can get it.

All I'll say is that there's a need for more ADOS people in the game owning these platforms because clearly

The fact that TSR and MediaTakeOut aren't even owned by African Americans....
I'll leave it at that.
good point. I think his comedic style and antics are the main reason people are climbing on that back though. This was like insult to injury and the final straw mess ddddfff

But i agree. And the fact that Instagram isn't even REALLY a monetized platform like that

FlowerBomb

Kalifornia.

LOONA.

That Landon fag isn't funny and he steals all of his skits from black women comedians.     

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

🦚

April 28, 2019, 01:02:31 PM #2159 Last Edit: April 28, 2019, 01:25:38 PM by .:::Slærya Stark:::.
Did he think this would help?  :plzstop:

https://twitter.com/haitian_rick82/status/1121817967027732496

Hope sis was on birth control  :kii:
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/