B7 IS FUCKING HERE!!!!!

Started by Heated🔥, June 30, 2020, 07:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Annie

Quote from: Harlem on July 15, 2020, 10:37:40 AM
Quote from: Lee on July 15, 2020, 10:27:04 AM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 15, 2020, 10:17:41 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 15, 2020, 09:59:59 AM
To be fair, y'all "in the know" have been saying for a while "just wait til you see this rollout! Promo like never before! End of two single eras for good!" and now it feels like all that is being back tracked. I get we're in a pandemic and things change, so I'm not mad at it. But don't gaslight the girls when ya'll are the ones who set up this expectation of something different this time around.  :dead:

Listen before COvid there was an entire plan:  radio tour,  performances,  tv,  the norm.    Covid hit.   Plus folk are lucky they are getting the damn album.  Brandy just isn't an industry girl.   She loves music but doesn't like the politics,  the stays,  the expectations,  etc. 

Again we Lucky we getting the damn album.
An easy fix would be to have a professional digital/online marketing team that includes social media management but I guess.
People just want the best for Bran, and I don't think there's anything wrong with that but whatever. We can't want it more than her. Just give us the music
:19k:

!!!!

I'm sorry but THIS>>>>>

Hiring a digital marketing/social team should've been an easier route for Bran b/c she doesn't like to show up anywhere anyway... but to be active on social media & have graphic/motion designers make her cool quick graphics to promote her shit that is easy... the excuses on here smh... all brands had to utilize their digital and social teams more than ever to stay a float during COVID & Bran should've followed suit too but like Kipp already said she's gonna do her so we just gon have to deal...

She's got more than enough material to promote herself...the baby mama vid, pictures, old vids, ISKWYDLS & DP, Moesha (I mean if you want a reboot it could be a way to get people excited again). She only has to pay people..talented people, graphic designers with taste (website). It would probably be very efficient for her as well. She can focus on her private life, let someone else run social media.

/.\

Annie

Quote from: myneed on July 15, 2020, 11:52:24 AM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 15, 2020, 10:24:56 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 15, 2020, 10:21:30 AM
Quote from: KippDaddy on July 15, 2020, 10:17:41 AM
Quote from: Bigmacthawoppa on July 15, 2020, 09:59:59 AM
To be fair, y'all "in the know" have been saying for a while "just wait til you see this rollout! Promo like never before! End of two single eras for good!" and now it feels like all that is being back tracked. I get we're in a pandemic and things change, so I'm not mad at it. But don't gaslight the girls when ya'll are the ones who set up this expectation of something different this time around.  :dead:

Listen before COvid there was an entire plan:  radio tour,  performances,  tv,  the norm.    Covid hit.   Plus folk are lucky they are getting the damn album.  Brandy just isn't an industry girl.   She loves music but doesn't like the politics,  the stays,  the expectations,  etc. 

Again we Lucky we getting the damn album.

I get that and tbh I'd be the same way. The industry seems terrible. All I'm saying is be easier on people who are disappointed since we came into this expecting a completetly different experience from the past 4 albums due to her being indie and it's been literally the same ole story. That's fine and I think people are starting to expect that from her now.

Well maybe this will be her last album.   Then she won't have to
Live up or not live up to those expectations  ;-)

Why are you getting mad on her behalf  :dead:
This Kendrick Lamar 'y'all don't deserve an album anymore' attitude  :nowgorl: I think we just want the best for Bran and we have some easy solutions like a designer/social media team. I know there are even people on this board who could do it (and probably will create graphics for free on their social media but fans should get paid as well).

/.\

Le Champ

Quote from: 89 on July 15, 2020, 02:10:02 PM
I know it might be hard, but we have to LET GO of wanting a huge album selling ERA from 41 yr old Brandy
if it happens it happens
but I just want performances because Im a fan of her voice/music, and I want the album
IDC if it sells 5 copies, Bran is an established Icon and rich for life we gotta get into that mindset

I don't think anybody is expecting a MASSIVE selling era. I think at this point ppl just want to see a lil effort from her team lol. Like I said, they got off to a great start, and then went ghost

FRANCE

Quote from: Buddha on July 15, 2020, 02:00:30 PM
i'm still laughing at those that thought Baby Mama would be bigger than Put It Down...it's a different time

And more importantly a different song.

FRANCE

The ranting and shit is kinda pointless cause Brandy will do what she wants to do. But one thing I'll not do is tell people how to feel and what to say about their disappointment with how the era is going promo wise. If the fans are purchasing the album and supporting her, they have a right to say what they want. Point blank. If ur not a fan of what they have to say, stay out of the thread, or just scroll thru to the actual newsworthy posts. Its not unreasonable for fans to expect some kinda promo lined up 2 weeks before an album's release :kii:

Annie

July 15, 2020, 03:28:53 PM #695 Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:31:52 PM by Annie
This countdown is moving too slow, someone speed it up. My brain right now: :plzstop::plzstop:

/.\

GYNandTONIC

Naw it's kinda like STFU at this point  :kii:

Acting like insta graphics and some photoshoots is gonna make a world of difference  :kii:

Brandy is a veteran icon legend and none of her peers are currently doing what she is or has done. Insta stories or not, she is fine.  :kii:

Monika

Quote from: 89 on July 15, 2020, 02:10:02 PM
I know it might be hard, but we have to LET GO of wanting a huge album selling ERA from 41 yr old Brandy
if it happens it happens
but I just want performances because Im a fan of her voice/music, and I want the album
IDC if it sells 5 copies, Bran is an established Icon and rich for life we gotta get into that mindset
Yahudah

Annie

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on July 15, 2020, 03:29:17 PM

Acting like insta graphics and some photoshoots is gonna make a world of difference  :kii:

Brandy is a veteran icon legend and none of her peers are currently doing what she is or has done. Insta stories or not, she is fine.  :kii:
Oh so you want to throw Basic promo out the window?
:sobusyjetsetter:
Might as well drop a bandcamp mixtape

/.\

Moon

July 15, 2020, 03:34:47 PM #699 Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:37:44 PM by afromoondiac
B7 isn't getting a cert, #1 billboard 200 entry or a grammy

and that's just fuckin that. I'm excited for the music after 8 years and honestly couldn't care about a&r! This is GHa in 2020. Love my queen but please

Annie

July 15, 2020, 03:37:40 PM #700 Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:38:02 PM by Annie

Ohhh this animation is actually kinda cute

/.\

GLOCK

Quote from: RIGs on July 15, 2020, 03:32:00 AM! Promo!!

Jxjdjdjdkdkskdkskksskks

But king weren't u the one that mentioned all the promo she had planned

Twice.. once when we dragged the early promo pic she dropped with all the pink rags
And again when girls were complaining about her promo after two weeks of BM?

GYNandTONIC

July 15, 2020, 03:42:28 PM #703 Last Edit: July 15, 2020, 03:43:46 PM by GYNandTONIC
Quote from: Annie on July 15, 2020, 03:32:50 PM
Quote from: GYNandTONIC on July 15, 2020, 03:29:17 PM

Oh so you want to throw Basic promo out the window?
:sobusyjetsetter:
Might as well drop a bandcamp mixtape

She literally did a concert last week. Her album is due in two. Her focus needs to be week of, and even with that said it's likely going to be the typical radio rounds (which she has already done).

Her song is currently at almost 10 mill. Usher & summer walker which was released in Jan. is around the same on YouTube. Monica last effort has the same amount of views and that was a year ago. As far a Mya, who knows. My point is Brandy is doing just fine for the stage she is at in her career. I truly don't know what more y'all want from her. She's done promo!

Sovereign.

Quote from: afromoondiac on July 15, 2020, 03:34:47 PM
B7 isn't getting a cert, #1 billboard 200 entry or a grammy

and that's just fuckin that. I'm excited for the music after 8 years and honestly couldn't care about a&r! This is GHa in 2020. Love my queen but please

You don't know any of this. Why are y'all counting her out just because of y'all's own limited perspectives. You all seriously dont know anything.