Nicole Scherzinger drops out of 'Cats' Broadway revival. Creator FUMES!

Started by downtownbrown, May 20, 2016, 06:22:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

downtownbrown

QuoteAndrew Lloyd Webber has said he has been made to look ?an absolute twot? after former Pussycat Doll singer Nicole Scherzinger pulled out of his Broadway musical to return to the UK as an X Factor judge.

Scherzinger, who was a judge for two seasons of the talent show, has pulled out of Cats on Broadway just before rehearsals began, Lloyd Webber said.

In a furious interview on Friday, the impresario said the singer had lost herself a possible Tony award.
?A week before we were due to go into rehearsal for Cats on Broadway, which luckily I?m not producing, she calls me and says she?s decided she wants to do X Factor, having agreed everything,? he told the Economist Radio.

?I mean, she?s crazy. But the American producers just took a view, ?Well, fine, we?ll get somebody else?, because she?s actually not very well known in America, amazingly. She?s much better known here.?

Lloyd Webber said he felt he had been made to look personally foolish by her return to the ITV show.

?I?m furious because I really believe she?s the most fantastically talented girl and I went out on a limb to get her for the London Palladium here, and it makes me look like an absolute twot with them all,? he said. ?But never mind, there?ll be another girl on Broadway and Nicole will not get her Tony award.?

It had not been officially confirmed that Scherzinger would rejoin the X Factor when the show returns to ITV. Fellow judge Simon Cowell will return, with the other two seats tipped to be filled by Louis Walsh and Sharon Osbourne.

Scherzinger won some plaudits for her role in the West End revival of Cats in 2014, but one Guardian reviewer said she did not convince as faded glamourpuss Grizabella, who sings the show?s most famous solo, Memory.

?She belts it out all right but is extremely implausible in her role as a has-been,? wrote Susannah Clapp. ?Age has not even begun to get going on the withering process.?

downtownbrown

She KEEPS making these flop decisions...  :dead:

Broadway >>>> UK X Factor

Sovereign.

Yeah,  that wasn't bright! 

X Factor late as fuck!  Broadway >

Sovereign.

why does she insist on committing career suicide?  :uhh:

gor' if you don't... I just! 

Lazarus

Sovereign.

she could've slayed this & gotten a possible Tony nod next year. 

BAPHOMET.

Sovereign.

nigga,  Broadway > a fucking X Factor. 

What the fck is that? 

Admin

downtownbrown

Quote from: Baphomet. on May 20, 2016, 06:36:56 PM
She really doesn't have a lot of options.

Which is why I don't understand her backing out of Broadway. Broadway really helps revive careers. And it just looks great on the resume. Andrew Lloyd Webber is one of the kings of Broadway so him fuming could mean her NEVER touching a Broadway stage now. Poor decision. smh

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: downtownbrown on May 20, 2016, 06:40:00 PM
Quote from: Baphomet. on May 20, 2016, 06:36:56 PM
She really doesn't have a lot of options.

Which is why I don't understand her backing out of Broadway. Broadway really helps revive careers. And it just looks great on the resume. Andrew Lloyd Webber is one of the kings of Broadway so him fuming could mean her NEVER touching a Broadway stage now. Poor decision. smh

right. Music isnt happening for her and X-Factor is meh.
This could've been the door for her.
:dead:

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Sovereign.

Andrew Lloyd Webber is a STAPLE in musical theatre.  All of his books are famous & have been Tony nominated.  Da fuck?!