Linda Perry: Chaka Khan & Shelia E is not relevant enough for Prince Tribute

Started by .betterwiseup, May 20, 2016, 10:45:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: Nine on May 20, 2016, 11:00:56 PM
Quote from: Jay. on May 20, 2016, 10:59:21 PM
In defense of what Linda Perry is saying. She's speaking on how Billboard is seeing Chaka, Shelia E., The Time, etc. Billboard sees them as not relevant enough which is very stupid on their part.
yeah

but it's not like Madge is some big ratings draw herself

:holdupguys:
Are u crazy :dead:
The girl that is like the top touring bitch twice over? FALSE!
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

KING BENTLEY.

Von was this the other spot Rihanna was supposed to perform KIB at? Or was it the AMAs?

H.#.G.*.Z

.betterwiseup

It just seems random as hell to have Madonna doing the WHOLE Prince tribute. I'm sure he wouldn't approve this fuckery.
Janelle Monae, Miguel and Bruno Mars would make more sense than Madonna.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Yar backwards on May 20, 2016, 11:03:01 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 20, 2016, 10:58:10 PM
I could see chaka and Shelia at the grammys not the BBMA. She's kinda right.  Performers: Rihanna, Ariana, Nick Jonas, DNCE, Britney Spears, AND........CHAKA KHAN
:udontlookok:
its not like Chaka would be there for herself though
and Prince himself wasnt exactly topping the charts in his last years
so I mean... Chaka is a shoe in
hell Ciara & Ludacris are the hosts
Its about who would have the most viewer potential. Hell, i don't even wanna see chaka perform for prince. The hosts are irrelevant. No one tunes in for the hosts. We tune in to see the celebs and the performances
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

Quote from: .betterwiseup on May 20, 2016, 11:06:54 PM
It just seems random as hell to have Madonna doing the WHOLE Prince tribute. I'm sure he wouldn't approve this fuckery.
Janelle Monae, Miguel and Bruno Mars would make more sense than Madonna.
I was gonna say this tho.  They couldve picked current people who are also more musical. This line up coulda definitely worked. I could live without janelle tho

Freemala Harris

She's clearly on crack

But of course

The BET tribute (as long as they leave Trey's ass at home) will most certainly be superior

Vonc2002

Quote from: BENTLEY! on May 20, 2016, 11:05:47 PM
Von was this the other spot Rihanna was supposed to perform KIB at? Or was it the AMAs?
Yea here, iono what she's performing tho

COD.

Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 20, 2016, 11:04:28 PM
In defense of what Linda Perry is saying. She's speaking on how Billboard is seeing Chaka, Shelia E., The Time, etc. Billboard sees them as not relevant enough which is very stupid on their part.
yeah

When she performed at the Grammys last year she had the highest ratings of the show. I think she tied with Kanye. I mean
:letsmessfag:

Vonc2002

Sovereign.

but she made good point! From a political standpoint, Chaka, Sheila, Morris Day, etc. ain't where it's at especially for that white ass  space.

RAY7

Quote from: COD. on May 20, 2016, 11:09:17 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on May 20, 2016, 11:04:28 PM
yeah

When she performed at the Grammys last year she had the highest ratings of the show. I think she tied with Kanye. I mean
:letsmessfag:
was that when the wind snatched her off the steps?

Cowboy Nine