Black Panther! Many Accolades & Acclaim already! 8 Oscar Noms!...Baph? Shuji?!

Started by FlowerBomb, February 14, 2018, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

Quote from: Tonkaman on February 16, 2018, 11:48:36 PM
Quote from: Poseidon on February 16, 2018, 09:32:17 PM
[ You must login or register to view this Spoiler! ]

I don't know, I was just ready to clap and celebrate this, but maybe my standards are too high and too pro-black. And the shits was not really feminist. Why couldn't T'Challa's wife rule the damn kingdom?
T'challa didn't have a damn wife, boy.  :dead:

T?chaka?s wife. Angela?s character.
B7

SouravMay

Quote from: glock on February 16, 2018, 11:52:36 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on February 16, 2018, 11:51:23 PM
Quote from: MelMel on February 16, 2018, 10:09:10 PM
Why would they be killing fucking whites in Wakanda :plzstop:
They white ass couldn't even find the damn country
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
:plzstop: :plzstop:

I didn?t wanna say but  :dead:

Umm everybody knew this country existed and was there, which made the film even more strange. Like Wakanda is this known nation but nobody ever stepped foot into it?
B7

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Black Jaguar. on February 17, 2018, 03:43:14 AM
Quote from: Poseidon on February 17, 2018, 03:33:59 AM
Quote from: Tonkaman on February 16, 2018, 11:48:36 PM
Quote from: Poseidon on February 16, 2018, 09:32:17 PM

I don't know, I was just ready to clap and celebrate this, but maybe my standards are too high and too pro-black. And the shits was not really feminist. Why couldn't T'Challa's wife rule the damn kingdom?
T'challa didn't have a damn wife, boy.  :dead:

T?chaka?s wife. Angela?s character.

Gorl! It?s based off a comic book. That?s like saying, ?Why does Storm have white hair??

N :uhh:

I just had this convo with my friend when he talks about anime like they are real characters and pokemon

im like its not the same as fiction rooted in realized fiction
the relatability is not the same

he claims its all a concept thats relatable im like ugh

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

SouravMay

February 17, 2018, 04:09:38 AM #333 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:17:44 AM by Poseidon
Yeah I had not been familiar with the comics. I guess I was just very picky. The film doesn?t give ?African?, it gives what the Black Diaspora thinks of ?African?. A romanticized, mystified, dehumanized portrayal of Africa. It would have wonderfully worked in a a fictional ancient scenario. But Wakanda is supposed to be a thing in today?s presence. But hey it got my coins and braucht 6 other negros.
B7

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Tonkaman on February 16, 2018, 09:14:10 PM
Seems like your just complaining just to be complaint because I see about 4 of your questions that were answered with the movie. But hey.
:cheerup:
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

FlowerBomb

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Poseidon on February 17, 2018, 04:09:38 AM
Yeah I had not been familiar with the comics. I guess I was just very picky. The film doesn?t give ?African?, it gives what the Black Diaspora thinks of ?African?. A romanticized, mystified, dehumanized portrayal of Africa. It would have wonderfully worked in a a fictional ancient scenario. But Wakanda is supposed to be a thing in today?s presence. But hey it got my coins and braucht 6 other negros.
It's literally a super tech' advanced nation but still keeping in with their cultural norms and tradition, where is the romanticized, mystified, dehumanization of it all? :uhh:
Gorl just shut up sometimes damn

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Poseidon on February 16, 2018, 09:08:10 PM

1: Because even though it is the most advanced country in the world, they didn't let it deter them from their culture and traditions

2: It's a superhero film hun', not fucking tripadvisor, we did see a glimpse of that anyway.

3: Because if you noticed in the begining of the film, there are MANY different tribes, it's not unusual to have loads of tribes from one country, doesn't Nigeria have like 60 tribes? The movie just used ACTUAL real life African tribes, which in itself is actually amazing.

4: He wasn't.

5: If that's what you got from it all then you need to watch again :uhh:

FlowerBomb

Like it's the FIRST movie of hopefully many "schools!" "trains!" "hotels!" how are they gonna fit all that in two hours and what would that have done for you anyway  :plzstop:

SouravMay

Quote from: Vibrant on February 17, 2018, 06:01:53 AM
Like it's the FIRST movie of hopefully many "schools!" "trains!" "hotels!" how are they gonna fit all that in two hours and what would that have done for you anyway  :plzstop:

I would have been able to enjoy Wakanda more and relate to their people.
B7

SouravMay

Quote from: Vibrant on February 17, 2018, 06:00:21 AM

1: Because even though it is the most advanced country in the world, they didn't let it deter them from their culture and traditions

2: It's a superhero film hun', not fucking tripadvisor, we did see a glimpse of that anyway.

3: Because if you noticed in the begining of the film, there are MANY different tribes, it's not unusual to have loads of tribes from one country, doesn't Nigeria have like 60 tribes? The movie just used ACTUAL real life African tribes, which in itself is actually amazing.

Wakanda is supposed to be non-Colonized, and all Wakandans spoke the same language, but yeah you are right that even within one ethnic group they can have different cultures too. I think in the intro they may have actually explained Wakanda is a multi-tribal country
B7

FlowerBomb

February 17, 2018, 06:14:55 AM #341 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:17:56 AM by Vibrant
Quote from: Poseidon on February 17, 2018, 06:11:55 AM
Quote from: Vibrant on February 17, 2018, 06:00:21 AM

Wakanda is supposed to be non-Colonized, and all Wakandans spoke the same language, but yeah you are right that even within one ethnic group they can have different cultures too. I think in the intro they may have actually explained Wakanda is a multi-tribal country
So when different tribes spoke to another you wanted subtitles?
They did for the most speak in their own language when they conversed with each other :dead:
Their most advanced country in the world, just because they spoke English doesn't mean they were colonised
Did you see any European culture or people in Wakanda?

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Black Jaguar. on February 17, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Nnnn

Hey, can I please have a bowl of fufu with a side of rice...actually I?ll get some okra too?.

Malc, Scram!
:dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

SouravMay

Quote from: Black Jaguar. on February 17, 2018, 06:14:08 AM

Nnnn

Hey, can I please have a bowl of fufu with a side of rice...actually I?ll get some okra too?.

Malc, Scram!

Actually a few scenes of just normal life would have been cute. I wanted to dive into the world. I hope Wakanda gets a tv show with just Wakanda life and more light topics. I will see it again tomorrow
B7

🦚

You are the only person going to this type of movie and wanting real aspects. Normal world  :plzstop:

Wakanda ain?t fucking real. The director will give it whatever twist they see fit.
Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/