Black Panther! Many Accolades & Acclaim already! 8 Oscar Noms!...Baph? Shuji?!

Started by FlowerBomb, February 14, 2018, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

Quote from: Vibrant on February 17, 2018, 06:14:55 AM
Quote from: Poseidon on February 17, 2018, 06:11:55 AM
Quote from: Vibrant on February 17, 2018, 06:00:21 AM
Quote from: Poseidon on February 16, 2018, 09:08:10 PM
[ You must login or register to view this Spoiler! ]

1: Because even though it is the most advanced country in the world, they didn't let it deter them from their culture and traditions

2: It's a superhero film hun', not fucking tripadvisor, we did see a glimpse of that anyway.

3: Because if you noticed in the begining of the film, there are MANY different tribes, it's not unusual to have loads of tribes from one country, doesn't Nigeria have like 60 tribes? The movie just used ACTUAL real life African tribes, which in itself is actually amazing.

4: He wasn't.

5: If that's what you got from it all then you need to watch again :uhh:

Wakanda is supposed to be non-Colonized, and all Wakandans spoke the same language, but yeah you are right that even within one ethnic group they can have different cultures too. I think in the intro they may have actually explained Wakanda is a multi-tribal country
So when different tribes spoke to another you wanted subtitles?
They did for the most speak in their own language when they conversed with each other :dead:
Their most advanced country in the world, just because they spoke English doesn't mean they were colonised
Did you see any European culture or people in Wakanda?

You are right. I didn?t mind the culture and it did give an African and dignified feel, but idk they came off has magical super-humans sometimes. Like the Na?vi.

I think it?s a great watch for Blacks all around the world though.
B7

FlowerBomb

February 17, 2018, 06:24:31 AM #346 Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 06:54:38 AM by Vibrant
Quote from: Poseidon on February 16, 2018, 09:20:39 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on February 16, 2018, 09:14:10 PM
Seems like your just complaining just to be complaint because I see about 4 of your questions that were answered with the movie. But hey.
:cheerup:

and the fact that they are only as advanced because some damn comet hit them, not because they invented this amazing technology.

:dead: :dead: :dead:
They CULTIVATED the material, the material dropped from the sky, not already made weapons, computer systems, aircrafts eat
Captain America has ONE shield made of it, The Wakandans have implanted it into their everyday life.
That's how advanced they are.

LOONA.

Quote from: Sl?Venchy on February 17, 2018, 06:22:15 AM
You are the only person going to this type of movie and wanting real aspects. Normal world  :plzstop:

Wakanda ain?t fucking real. The director will give it whatever twist they see fit.

FlowerBomb

& the White Gorilla tribe did not live in caves :dead:
Did you see the CITY they lived in
which movie were you watching malc'

GRAND

Outside of all of that

First movies of a franchise NEVER dig into the universe of the story. They usually wait until movie 2-3

You just can't cram all of that into 2 hours unless you want the audience overwhelmed and confused as fuck

Like the avatar reference made, they barely made the planet itself a topic. It was all about an earth Fag and an alien bitch protecting their home

GRAND

SouravMay

B7

SouravMay

Quote from: LORD GRAND SUPREME PRIME CELESTIAL MARSHALL on February 17, 2018, 06:26:54 AM
Outside of all of that

First movies of a franchise NEVER dig into the universe of the story. They usually wait until movie 2-3

You just can't cram all of that into 2 hours unless you want the audience overwhelmed and confused as fuck

Like the avatar reference made, they barely made the planet itself a topic. It was all about an earth Fag and an alien bitch protecting their home

You guys make good points, but I can?t help how I felt when I left the theatre.

I will have to wait for them to film the Haitian revolution I guess lol
B7

GLOCK

Quote from: Poseidon on February 17, 2018, 03:36:03 AM
Quote from: glock on February 16, 2018, 11:52:36 PM
Quote from: Tonkaman on February 16, 2018, 11:51:23 PM
Quote from: MelMel on February 16, 2018, 10:09:10 PM
Why would they be killing fucking whites in Wakanda :plzstop:
They white ass couldn't even find the damn country
:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:
:plzstop: :plzstop:

I didn?t wanna say but  :dead:

Umm everybody knew this country existed and was there, which made the film even more strange. Like Wakanda is this known nation but nobody ever stepped foot into it?
n

No one knew how to get there fool
Do u not know that only one person was sifted tea and they killed them for doing so..
It was only flaw that survived and he knew how powerful they were and that?s why he didn?t go there

:uhh:
This makes perfect sense how are u missing the mark here

GLOCK

Quote from: Vibrant on February 17, 2018, 06:01:53 AM
Like it's the FIRST movie of hopefully many "schools!" "trains!" "hotels!" how are they gonna fit all that in two hours and what would that have done for you anyway  :plzstop:
like  :uhh:

Bitch if u don?t  :uhh:

Not crying because u don?t get to see ppl perched on the trains
zbxbxnxn

I have never

This girl wants to be different so bad  :plzstop:

GLOCK

Quote from: Poseidon on February 17, 2018, 06:18:55 AM
Quote from: Black Jaguar. on February 17, 2018, 06:14:08 AM
Quote from: Vibrant on February 17, 2018, 06:01:53 AM
Like it's the FIRST movie of hopefully many "schools!" "trains!" "hotels!" how are they gonna fit all that in two hours and what would that have done for you anyway  :plzstop:

Nnnn

Hey, can I please have a bowl of fufu with a side of rice...actually I?ll get some okra too?.

Malc, Scram!

Actually a few scenes of just normal life would have been cute. I wanted to dive into the world. I hope Wakanda gets a tv show with just Wakanda life and more light topics. I will see it again tomorrow
there were glimpses of regular ppl in the city scene with the markets
R u ok?

FlowerBomb

I'm screaming :dead:
I bet this fool didn't even watch the movie because if you did, you would have  realised the actual city was HIDDEN behind an invisible force field within the country :dead: :dead: :dead: :dead:

FlowerBomb

Like it was one of the MOST important and obvious parts of the film
Wakanda wasn't hidden behind some wall or gate sis

AIDS

Glock are you actually going to see it or are you gonna ask for links?