Black Panther! Many Accolades & Acclaim already! 8 Oscar Noms!...Baph? Shuji?!

Started by FlowerBomb, February 14, 2018, 04:33:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FlowerBomb

Navyman

Quote from: DidYouEvenKnowVersace? on August 31, 2018, 06:06:33 AM
Quote from: Tonkaman on August 31, 2018, 06:03:25 AM
When and where did he say this?

QuoteWe doubt that there's anything fans would change about the movie, but actor Chadwick Boseman has revealed that his character T'Challa (aka the Black Panther) could have sounded rather different if some people in the studio had got their way.

Speaking to The Hollywood Reporter for its Awards Chatter podcast, Boseman said that he had to fight for T'Challa to have an African accent in the film.

"They felt that it was maybe too much for an audience to take," he said. "I felt the exact opposite ? like, if I speak with a British accent, what's gonna happen when I go home? It felt to me like a dealbreaker.

"I was like, 'No, this is such an important factor that if we lose this right now, what else are we gonna throw away for the sake of making people feel comfortable?'"

Boseman eventually convinced the studio that T'Challa should speak in the accent of the area he grew up in, with all the Wakanda-based characters having authentic African accents

http://www.digitalspy.com/movies/black-panther/news/a865170/black-panther-chadwick-boseman-disagreed-marvel-tchalla-african-accent/
:stressed:
Omf I need to go buy this on DVD and add it to my collection, already got my copy of Infinity God.

Young

I cant believe they tried to not let him have an accent

I'm fuming actually

CREAM.

Crazy how I saw this movie and had no desire to ever see it again

I don?t think it?s a bad movie but..ehhh

Superhero shit just doesn?t move me

I think my favorite scenes were when they went to Japan

4everSLAYanafan

Kurama

Bulldagger

Quote from: CREAM. on August 31, 2018, 07:43:23 AM
Crazy how I saw this movie and had no desire to ever see it again

I don?t think it?s a bad movie but..ehhh

Superhero shit just doesn?t move me

I think my favorite scenes were when they went to Japan

The movie was def. overrated and that?s why I didn?t see it in theaters. I?ve come to realize when people hype stuff up nowadays, that usually means it?s mediocre, and usually its for something specific like the inclusion of race.

Young

❄️☃️🌨� Shuji Feels Different 🌨�☃️❄️

Quote from: Young on August 31, 2018, 09:39:26 AM
s

I have never seen someone so negative and bitter

HGJKKKKKKKKKKKDDDDDD

Sis wakes up always raring to GO :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :uhh:

❄️☃️🌨� Shuji Feels Different 🌨�☃️❄️

b7

And the funny thing is, Avengers was shot around the same time as BP and the studios had no idea Black Panther would be such a phenomenon. The cast of that movie will be ALL over the next avengers film :kii: whew this takeover