SWV & Xscape: The Queens of R&B Renewed For Season 2

Started by M-Rocka, March 14, 2024, 07:09:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on March 15, 2024, 12:22:26 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 15, 2024, 11:59:17 AMSWV doesn't have any Diane Warren penned songs and nothing that sounds like those type of songs. 
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on March 15, 2024, 11:51:38 AMI'm WEEPING at XScape's music being "elevated"  :plzstop:  :plzstop:  :plzstop: 
In comparison TO SWV  it most certainly did. Nothing gave a CLASSICALLY penned feel like Arms of the one who loves you. DOWNTOWN! Can we get kinky tonight! These hood booger anthems :dead:
so because a white woman wrote their ballad it's "elevated" hyhrfghh
where did I say anything about white? The songs are ghetto and terrible idgaf WHO wrote em :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RAY7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 15, 2024, 12:24:45 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 15, 2024, 11:59:17 AMSWV doesn't have any Diane Warren penned songs and nothing that sounds like those type of songs. 
Quote from: Gilgamesh. on March 15, 2024, 11:51:38 AMI'm WEEPING at XScape's music being "elevated"  :plzstop:  :plzstop:  :plzstop: 
In comparison TO SWV  it most certainly did. Nothing gave a CLASSICALLY penned feel like Arms of the one who loves you. DOWNTOWN! Can we get kinky tonight! These hood booger anthems :dead:
where did I say anything about white? The songs are ghetto and terrible idgaf WHO wrote em :dead:
SWV has worked with great songwriters like Babyface but you wanna throw DIANE WARREN in here like her sappy ballads are so great
when really they're boring.

Vonc2002

That's sumn about myself I learned very early on.  I can't take a ghetto/basic mess, ESPECIALLY when it comes to R&B. I may give a rapper a pass but not no damn singer. That's why I never liked jagged edge, pretty ricky,etc. SWV always seemed a bit too basic. The lead singer wasn't cute and then these other throwaway ass girls that did nothing. I just couldnt :plzstop:
If u gone just stand around and do nothing then look like Irish, Letoya, Naturi, etc.  These HOMELY looking ass women :plzstop:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

M-Rocka

March 15, 2024, 12:37:56 PM #64 Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 12:38:45 PM by M-Rocka

Taj >>>>> Coko & Lelee :flamebroiled:

Vonc2002

Quote from: RAY7 on March 15, 2024, 12:27:43 PM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 15, 2024, 12:24:45 PM
SWV has worked with great songwriters like Babyface
Boy he worked with them for waiting to exhale, not they basic ass albums :dead:
And that song was JUST ok but ig When there's only one viable singer in the group ain't much we can hope for :dead:

Vonc2002

Lazarus

Cowboy Nine

March 15, 2024, 01:18:57 PM #72 Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 01:21:36 PM by Cowboy Nine
jnanjdssdaknlakands'las

not to mention that song is boring af

but elevated!

:omf:

JCJ 🪐

Can someone explain to me how SWV was ugly with ghetto music but Xscape wasn't

:unsure:
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Lazarus

Quote from: JCJ 🪐 on March 15, 2024, 01:25:30 PMCan someone explain to me how SWV was ugly with ghetto music but Xscape wasn't

:unsure:

Because Xscape is the epitome of ugly and ghetto.