Monique's Breakfast Club Interview

Started by Lazarus, February 23, 2018, 09:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stewie

February 23, 2018, 10:19:25 PM #240 Last Edit: February 23, 2018, 10:19:35 PM by Stewie
Quote from: Freeruu on February 23, 2018, 09:52:14 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfj-D_hnCvi

angela's face still has me crying

sis was shook

Bvbhhhhh

Not too much on Queen Yee

ya rock muh world.

Finishing up the interview.

She says that the 500K offer could have been a result of her being blackballed and Netflix taking advantage of the opportunity since she could be in a desperate position.

That's called business. And you're in the toughest and most ruthless business there is, which is show business.

You chose to play ball with Oprah and Lee Daniels.

You decided that if you're not flying first class to Cannes, you're not flying to Cannes at all. Fuck the promotion of the movie. You made those decisions.

She sees her entire career coming to a halt while her brothers Chris and Dave continue to eat, and new girls like Tiffany Haddish are popping up slaying left and right. That cannot be the easiest pill to swallow.

But you made your decisions. This all seems to stem from the fact that you said "no" to Coach tickets on a plane. They paid for Coach tickets, perhaps you could have simply upgraded them to First Class. But you said, "No. You pay for Coach or I stay on couch."

And on the couch is where they left you, it seems.

Sovereign.

Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 23, 2018, 10:50:09 AM
zddddddssssssssssssdddddddddddddddddddd

I just called up the cable company and mentioned slavery for some free HBO

#metoo

DFHDHVVVVVVV  :ermm:

Y'all kii'ing, but damn why not? Reparations lil bih!

Rxxf

Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 23, 2018, 11:10:09 PM
Finishing up the interview.

She says that the 500K offer could have been a result of her being blackballed and Netflix taking advantage of the opportunity since she could be in a desperate position.

That's called business. And you're in the toughest and most ruthless business there is, which is show business.

You chose to play ball with Oprah and Lee Daniels.

You decided that if you're not flying first class to Cannes, you're not flying to Cannes at all. Fuck the promotion of the movie. You made those decisions.

She sees her entire career coming to a halt while her brothers Chris and Dave continue to eat, and new girls like Tiffany Haddish are popping up slaying left and right. That cannot be the easiest pill to swallow.

But you made your decisions. This all seems to stem from the fact that you said "no" to Coach tickets on a plane. They paid for Coach tickets, perhaps you could have simply upgraded them to First Class. But you said, "No. You pay for Coach or I stay on couch."

And on the couch is where they left you, it seems.

I think it's deeper than just that, tho.
BRANDY

ya rock muh world.

It's certainly deeper now.

But this is where it seems to have begun.

QuoteThe day after Daniels appeared on Lemon?s program, Mo?Nique did the same, and, naturally, Lemon asked her to react to what Daniels said the day prior, and she explained: ?There were no demands. There was a request from the movie studio that I fly to France for the Cannes Film Festival. I simply said, ?I respectfully decline.? [..] I had a couple of days downtime and I wanted to spend that with my husband and my kids.?

http://www.indiewire.com/2015/02/monique-said-she-was-paid-50000-for-precious-responds-to-lee-daniels-play-the-game-advice-video-155457/

Every time she tells this story of the fallout, it always begins with the flight to Cannes.

Rxxf

Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 24, 2018, 12:06:25 AM

QuoteThe day after Daniels appeared on Lemon?s program, Mo?Nique did the same, and, naturally, Lemon asked her to react to what Daniels said the day prior, and she explained: ?There were no demands. There was a request from the movie studio that I fly to France for the Cannes Film Festival. I simply said, ?I respectfully decline.? [..] I had a couple of days downtime and I wanted to spend that with my husband and my kids.?

http://www.indiewire.com/2015/02/monique-said-she-was-paid-50000-for-precious-responds-to-lee-daniels-play-the-game-advice-video-155457/

Every time she tells this story of the fallout, it always begins with the flight to Cannes.

I understand that.
But she had contractually done what she needed to do at that point.
She performed the hell out of that film in the States, and did it well.
To simply say, she wanted to fly first-class is not really telling the whole story, IMO.
BRANDY

Rxxf

We need to be careful of what we're throwing around.

The same way Charla kept saying, "what makes you think you deserve 20 million?!"

Mo' never said she deserved 20 million, or even 13 million.
:dead:
BRANDY

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 12:10:22 AM

I understand that.
To simply say, she wanted to fly first-class is not really telling the whole story, IMO.
-pki0[
oju9p-8ug7;iyf

b7

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 23, 2018, 09:53:58 PM
Quote from: Freeruu on February 23, 2018, 09:52:14 PM
https://www.instagram.com/p/Bfj-D_hnCvi

angela's face still has me crying

sis was shook
U really trying to run with this. No one was shook or moved by her  :dead:
:kii:

Angela asked the right questions and looked at this woman like the crazy one she is :kii:

The ebony shoot receipts have me CRYING!!

Rxxf

Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 24, 2018, 12:11:48 AM
Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 12:10:22 AM

I understand that.
-pki0[
oju9p-8ug7;iyf

It's not.
BRANDY

ya rock muh world.

Well the whole story is she chose not to play nice with these entertainment industry politics and seems to have been shown the door as a result.

Sticking to a contract could be seen as doing the bare minimum. Which is fine since you've fulfilled your legal obligation, but anything beyond that is just good politics. She declined. And now I'm sure that Visa's getting the same treatment.

Rxxf

I stand behind Mo' for the principle of the matter.
Take away the entertainment business...

This shit is happening in the workplace, all over.
BRANDY

b7

Quote from: SAINT BENTLEY. on February 23, 2018, 10:04:06 PM
ssssssss

Angela actually didn't back down
she pushed it further

"well actually, for FULL disclosure, friends have confided in me that you're a fckn bitch and I believe them over your fat ass!"
:plea:

in a nutshell :dead:
!!!!! Ncncncnncnc
C
C
C
C

I mean ...   how many receipts do some of y?all need? Come on. Get the fuck outta here

Lee Daniels! Tyler! Oprah!

It ain?t just them. It?s a slew of people that have nothing to gain from lying on this woman.

Rxxf

February 24, 2018, 12:15:45 AM #254 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 12:16:10 AM by ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ
Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 24, 2018, 12:14:10 AM
Well the whole story is she chose not to play nice with these entertainment industry politics and seems to have been shown the door as a result.

Sticking to a contract could be seen as doing the bare minimum. Which is fine since you've fulfilled your legal obligation, but anything beyond that is just good politics. She declined. And now I'm sure that Visa's getting the same treatment.

By all means.
Now THIS I can agree with.
Even if the business is terrible, the way it is.
BRANDY