Monique's Breakfast Club Interview

Started by Lazarus, February 23, 2018, 09:51:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 01:08:06 AM
Quote from: TheNextLew on February 24, 2018, 01:07:19 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 12:41:25 AM
Monique doesn't deserve a big payday which is why Netflix hasn't given it to her.  Stop trying to make this about black women being underpaid in general. THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS IS.  Netflix has already proven to be a platform to pick up and air black content, even when there is an uproar about it (Dear White people, anyone?). Netflix has shown that they pay our black men with the Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle salaries. Netflix has shown they pay women with the amy Schumer salary. Netflix has even shown to pay  BLACK women. Angela Yee addressed Netflix paying Ava Duvernay and another successful relevant black female in the video.  Ava's Oscar nominated 13 got her a payday from Netflix. Stop coming in here with stories about Taquanda not getting her just dues. That's heart wrenching but has nothing to do with THIS story, Netflix, and this selfish ass bitch asking people to boycott a platform that has MORE than shown themselves supportive to black entertainment. Monique not getting the Money she wants is not Netflix undervaluing her. It's Netflix being a business and Monique's name is not a money maker. PERIOD :dead:

BUt my Sweet Charcoaled brotha

You said wanda was a better commedian and worth millions
and they told sis she was worth 100k is that what she deserved?
And Monique has kept it specific to black female commediens and how netflix undervalues them
which corelates to the bigger picture of the industry and their standards for wage inequality

Netflix is not the only network to follow the trend to include more blacks in their content
they are following the trend like alot of other networks
it would be a highlight if they were the leaders of it and mostly promoting content with blacks

At it again...

I never stopped look who was quoted

#hedoesntrepresentu

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

KING BENTLEY.

Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 01:02:10 AM
Quote from: SAINT BENTLEY. on February 24, 2018, 01:01:28 AM
Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 12:47:46 AM
I guess I'm just on the opposite side of things... at least on here (BSource).
I can't find myself attacking Mo'.
I even cancelled Netflix, not that it means anything to most ppl, other than me saving $10 a month.
s
U cancelled ur mess?

how are we gonna Netflix n chill king?
:ummwhat:

We can Hulu and fuck.
:giveittomeddy:

H.#.G.*.Z

ya rock muh world.

Quote from: Saeed. on February 24, 2018, 01:11:00 AM
I'm really not here for y'all clowning Mo'Nique and then tomorrow turning around pumping ya fists screaming "black artists are undervalued, underrappreciated." Ya rhetoric is half-assed, tired and through and y'all really ain't about the work because if y'all were y'all wouldn't go out the way to flagrantly disrespect Mo'Nique or any black woman of the like who chooses to voice inequity. And to Mo'Nique's point, isn't it timely that Viola Davis who also shares the Oscar, SAG and Golden Globe-award winning title JUST speak about this? And y'all interestingly enough seem to hear argument. What makes Mo'Nique unique? Should Viola (who is one of this generations most acclaimed actresses) continually keep hush about the pay she receives in comparison to her white colleagues? I wanna understand this part-time "activism."

Rxxf

February 24, 2018, 01:12:40 AM #333 Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 01:12:49 AM by ᚱʌ𐤋ϝ
Can you guys break your novels up into paragraphs?
I hate reading a long and wide brick post.
BRANDY

LiiVE

Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 01:02:47 AM
Quote from: ???? on February 24, 2018, 12:56:30 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 12:53:37 AM
Quote from: glock on February 24, 2018, 12:46:50 AM
Quote from: Vonc2002 on February 24, 2018, 12:41:25 AM
Monique doesn't deserve a big payday which is why Netflix hasn't given it to her.  Stop trying to make this about black women being underpaid in general. THAT'S NOT WHAT THIS IS.  Netflix has already proven to be a platform to pick up and air black content, even when there is an uproar about it (Dear White people, anyone?). Netflix has shown that they pay our black men with the Chris Rock and Dave Chapelle salaries. Netflix has shown they pay women with the amy Schumer salary. Netflix has even shown to pay  BLACK women. Angela Yee addressed Netflix paying Ava Duvernay and another successful relevant black female in the video.  Ava's Oscar nominated 13 got her a payday from Netflix. Stop coming in here with stories about Taquanda not getting her just dues. That's heart wrenching but has nothing to do with THIS story, Netflix, and this selfish ass bitch asking people to boycott a platform that has MORE than shown themselves supportive to black entertainment. Monique not getting the Money she wants is not Netflix undervaluing her. It's Netflix being a business and Monique's name is not a money maker. PERIOD :dead:
its very odd that no one mentions Shondas 2017 non-exclusive deal with Netflix

Very funny
She was PAID down..
Mo has yet to mention her and it?s very fucking funny
THAT'S who Angela said. Ava and shonda. So they do pay black women huh? Go fckn figure  :dead:

That is wonderful.
We don't know the amounts paid, right?
Not that we have to.
https://www.google.com/amp/www.newsweek.com/netflix-locking-down-some-hollywoods-biggest-names-816439%3famp=1

https://www.google.com/amp/variety.com/2017/film/news/ava-duvernay-netflix-diversity-1202527100/amp/

Know who you're rallying behind
:giveittomeddy: :giveittomeddy: :giveittomeddy:

GLOCK

Not Angela messing a bit

?Oh but the girls said u were a mess to work with.. told me personally?

I love this innocent ass bitch

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Saeed. on February 24, 2018, 01:11:00 AM
I'm really not here for y'all clowning Mo'Nique and then tomorrow turning around pumping ya fists screaming "black artists are undervalued, underrappreciated." Ya rhetoric is half-assed, tired and through and y'all really ain't about the work because if y'all were y'all wouldn't go out the way to flagrantly disrespect Mo'Nique or any black woman of the like who chooses to voice inequity. And to Mo'Nique's point, isn't it timely that Viola Davis who also shares the Oscar, SAG and Golden Globe-award winning title JUST speak about this? And y'all interestingly enough seem to hear argument. What makes Mo'Nique unique? Should Viola (who is one of this generations most acclaimed actresses) continually keep hush about the pay she receives in comparison to her white colleagues? I wanna understand this part-time "activism."

!!!!

Monique has nothing to lose
So her standing up will give others courage to speak out
But WANDA and VIOLA and OCTAVIA were not ready to shake that table
because they will get told the same thing YOUR NOT REALLY WORTH IT
just take it

Different

Vonc2002

I'm not faulting Netflix for not giving money to a comedian I don't even damn value highly, ESPECIALLY when they are producing so much other great BLACK content and paying other black men and WOMEN. Like, I'm sure they have some vendetta specifically against black female comedians :dead:
I'm not about to be upset cause Monique's ego was bruised and she got a swift reality check. She ain't worth the money.  That's it and that's all
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

ya rock muh world.

Mo'nique lost a big chunk of my respect when she showed her true colors during that "Daddy" video stream.

Resorting to calling people coons and Uncle Tom's. It seems like when she's upset enough, she begins to unravel. And all of that honey bunches of oats mess goes away.

So she's fake. And I have little tolerance for that. There's no room to trust anything that comes out of someone's mouth once it's made clear that they are not presenting themselves genuinely and honestly.

GLOCK

?Y?all arent selling owt arenas?
ddddddddddd

Charla is MESSING

Rxxf

Quote from: muh Zen is on 10 on February 24, 2018, 01:14:48 AM
Mo'nique lost a big chunk of my respect when she showed her true colors during that "Daddy" video stream.

Resorting to calling people coons and Uncle Tom's. It seems like when she's upset enough, she begins to unravel. And all of that honey bunches of oats mess goes away.

So she's fake. And I have little tolerance for that. There's no room to trust anything that comes out of someone's mouth once it's made clear that they are not presenting themselves genuinely and honestly.

Valid points... valid points.
BRANDY

GLOCK

BINGO

and when has sis ever spoke owt about black issues or even black issues in Hollywood?

Tears

GLOCK

Sisney really is her good girlfriend

U can tell they be justa gossiping about men and MESS

Vonc2002

Quote from: glock on February 24, 2018, 01:13:18 AM
Not Angela messing a bit

?Oh but the girls said u were a mess to work with.. told me personally?

I love this innocent ass bitch
I cried.
girl, that's fine.  I heard u were a WHOLE mess tho.  What gives
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Shes calling it what it is

Siding with netflix and playing their advocate when you can see that the offer was wrong
is nothing but uncle tom tacticts

so is all the reallness shes displayed over the years disinergrate because a few words you didnt like her saying

that does not make sense

Different