Monica - Code red (Tracklist and album details inside)

Started by Young, August 10, 2015, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

Quote from: Young on September 16, 2015, 07:19:42 PM
In a perfect world the video for JRFM would be released this Friday with the album for pre order (with an album track available immediately)

And a Black Friday release. Those first week numbers would be cute.

The song is still rising on radio so now is the perfect time.
Then release the 2nd single end of Oct. and perform it on TV and what not.
Hope is not lost...they just can't be STUPID

ddd

sis, her and rih ain't coming

let's just accept it okay

Abcd

People on here are saying Monica doesn't have a buzz...I don't agree. Her Internet presence is pretty strong, the blogs stay posting her, she's always booked for a show, traveling the country doing meet and greets, plenty of in-station radio interviews...she's kinda out there. This is all without any official promo or backing from the label. I'm glad they're scrapping JRFM and coming with a strong ballad. Now I pray they keep this Black Friday date.

iman

she has buzz to you since you're a stan and you follow everything she does but if you step back, you can clearly see that she has none.

Abcd

Quote from: Young on September 16, 2015, 07:19:42 PM
In a perfect world the video for JRFM would be released this Friday with the album for pre order (with an album track available immediately)

And a Black Friday release. Those first week numbers would be cute.

The song is still rising on radio so now is the perfect time.
Then release the 2nd single end of Oct. and perform it on TV and what not.
Hope is not lost...they just can't be STUPID

I'm not sure why yall are still trying to make JRFM happen. Its been stalled at radio for months. Moving up a few spots on radio after two months isn't really considered "rising" to me. Let it go :dead:

Psilocybin

Quote from: iman on September 16, 2015, 07:30:26 PM
she has buzz to you since you're a stan and you follow everything she does but if you step back, you can clearly see that she has none.

pretty much.  :kii:

Abcd

I'm a fan but I'm not delusional. I'm the first to say when something ain't right. Her name is relevant in urban music. Her social media pages play a big part in that.

Ulysses

I haven't heard the single since the day it hit the net. I haven't heard it played elsewhere. Maybe a new single instead of a video treatment?

RekeRig

:dead: @ social media. a lot more needs to be done when putting an album out

Psilocybin

Quote from: Abcd on September 16, 2015, 07:36:25 PM

I'm a fan but I'm not delusional. I'm the first to say when something ain't right. Her name is relevant in urban music. Her social media pages play a big part in that.

You can say that, but that doesn't make it true. What receipts do you have to back that up? Music wise Monica isn't relevant right now hun, even in urban music. She hasn't really been since Still Standing. More of an instagram following if anything.

iman

He's just saying that because of her IG followers :dead: too bad that hasn't helped her sales and overall relevance.

Dee

Monica isn't alone tbh. Tamar is gonna fucking TANK as well, but she's gain buzz/exposure from DWTS

RCA needs to realize that these Meet and Greets that Mon is currently doing ain't gon cut it

Young

Quote from: iman on September 16, 2015, 07:24:05 PM
We're halfway through September.
The song was released in late June. It's too late for a video since the song already peaked.

She should just drop her next single and call it a day.

It's still rising in radio luv

Dee

IG followers don't mean a damn thing :plzstop: majority of those motherfuckers don't purchase shit ssss

2 mil' followers! Double PLAT'!

Psilocybin

Quote from: De? on September 16, 2015, 07:50:41 PM
IG followers don't mean a damn thing :plzstop: majority of those motherfucker don't purchase shit ssss

2 mil' followers! Double PLAT'!

Exactly!  :plzstop:

Y'all keep mentioning her following like sis is sporting 8-10 million instagram followers! Sis is at 2.9, and she probably purchased more than half of them. ijs