Monica - Code red (Tracklist and album details inside)

Started by Young, August 10, 2015, 08:17:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GLOCK

Quote from: ANIMMAI on September 16, 2015, 07:26:27 PM
Quote from: Young on September 16, 2015, 07:19:42 PM
In a perfect world the video for JRFM would be released this Friday with the album for pre order (with an album track available immediately)

And a Black Friday release. Those first week numbers would be cute.

The song is still rising on radio so now is the perfect time.
Then release the 2nd single end of Oct. and perform it on TV and what not.
Hope is not lost...they just can't be STUPID

ddd

sis, her and rih ain't coming

let's just accept it okay
MBCCCVBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB

Young

The meet and greets are perfect because she's solidifying her core base
Then you tackle the masses.

THAT strategy i agree with. It worked in 2010.
It's smart. She's going around the nation literally meeting all her fans

Marilyn

September 16, 2015, 08:05:15 PM #602 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:08:01 PM by Marilyn
If it's releasing on Black Friday then there's more than enough time to reroute.

iman

sadflja;skdfljdsfjdsfjjf

how is meet and greets at Ecko stores in Atlanta smart?! I'm sure those people see her all the time :kii: and meet and greets are pointless in 2015. It's not the 90's.

BAPHOMET.

Young

She's been seeing hundreds of fans every few days these past couple weeks .

It's brilliant. I remember she did this during the SS era. And the fans went out in DROVES to purchase.

If Black Friday is the date. EXCELLENT.
Just have promo LINED up

Psilocybin

September 16, 2015, 08:10:41 PM #606 Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 08:13:09 PM by Lewinsky.
Meet & Greets are always good to get/stay connected with your fanbase, so I would never say she should stop doing those. However, I wouldn't credit them for her 2010 success, that was clearly the BET show and hit R&B single! She can't only be doing that and expect the album to sell itself.

Sis has plenty time though, it's not coming until late November or later. She is gonna give a 35k-55k first week.

Dee

Quote from: iman on September 16, 2015, 08:05:27 PM
sadflja;skdfljdsfjdsfjjf

how is meet and greets at Ecko stores in Atlanta smart?! I'm sure those people see her all the time :kii: and meet and greets are pointless in 2015. It's not the 90's.

Ok!?  :plzstop:

Marilyn

Quote from: Young on September 16, 2015, 08:10:04 PM
She's been seeing hundreds of fans every few days these past couple weeks .

It's brilliant. I remember she did this during the SS era. And the fans went out in DROVES to purchase.

If Black Friday is the date. EXCELLENT.
Just have promo LINED up

I agree, Nov 27th is over ten weeks away. They can this turn around.

I want her to do good.

RekeRig

Quote from: Glock on September 16, 2015, 07:57:47 PM
Quote from: ANIMMAI on September 16, 2015, 07:26:27 PM
Quote from: Young on September 16, 2015, 07:19:42 PM
In a perfect world the video for JRFM would be released this Friday with the album for pre order (with an album track available immediately)

And a Black Friday release. Those first week numbers would be cute.

The song is still rising on radio so now is the perfect time.
Then release the 2nd single end of Oct. and perform it on TV and what not.
Hope is not lost...they just can't be STUPID

ddd

sis, her and rih ain't coming

let's just accept it okay
MBCCCVBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
S;;S;DSSSDSDSDSDDS

:stressed:

people i dont LIKE aint even comin.

Phantom

This era has just been a mess. No video for your lead single? :uhh:

rosone1

Some of you make  good points.And what's crazy is that there's no video but this next week the song will surpass all the New Life singles.And she has 3 shows and 2 or 3 meet and greets this week and about the same last week.So the effort is there.Don't know what RCA is contributing though.

Young

Quote from: rosone1 on September 16, 2015, 08:38:02 PM
Some of you make  good points.And what's crazy is that there's no video but this next week the song will surpass all the New Life singles.And she has 3 shows and 2 or 3 meet and greets this week and about the same last week.So the effort is there.Don't know what RCA is contributing though.

This is very true
Which is why I say if a video comes everything can go greatly
The song is doing well on its own

Bish

Quote from: rosone1 on September 16, 2015, 08:38:02 PM
Yeah sis is definitely working but her record label has to do their part. Monica ain't lazy that's for sure. I feel bad for all these girls. I know we joke about these flops but any r&b artist that gets success will benefit this dying ass genre. It's a shame how they are doing these girls. All these stan bases need to support everyone not just their faves.