BET Red Carpet and Awards Official thread. *RATINGS ADDED*

Started by Vonc2002, June 26, 2016, 05:01:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4 fucking k

Jesse moved me to tears wtfff just wow and I love that he made sure to emphasize BLACK WOMEN. Yess. Put some respeck on our names.

4 fucking k

My faves are Bilal, J Hud and Sheila E :stressed:

loved Janelle as well.

BET really brought it with the Prince tribute. Amazing.

b7

Young

FlowerBomb

Bilal, Shelia E, Janelle, Jennifer Hudson and Jesse's speech were the highlights.
Shelia and Bilal omfg :uhh:

Gilgamesh.

Gilgamesh.

CandyCrush

CandyCrush

Jesse. Williams. Better. PREACH.

?The burden of the brutalized is not to comfort the bystander. That?s not our job. Stop with all that! If you have a critique for our resistance than you better have an established record of critique of our oppression. If you have no interest in equal rights for Black people, than do not make suggestions for those who do. Sit down! We?re done watching and waiting while this thing called whiteness uses and abuses us, burying Black people out of sight and out of mind, while extracting our culture, our dollars, our entertainment, oil, Black gold, ghettoizing and demeaning our creations than stealing them, gentrifying our geniuses than trying us on like costumes before discarding our bodies like rinds of strange fruit. The thing is just because we?re magic doesn?t mean we?re not real.?

And that was just an excerpt.

Marilyn

If you didn't know who she was, you would never think she'll be 49 soon.