Monique & Whoopi Exchange Choice Words On The View

Started by Freemala Harris, February 22, 2018, 01:06:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

Whoopi shoulda jumped right in. This was underwhelming.
B7

ya rock muh world.

February 22, 2018, 01:34:29 PM #16 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:35:23 PM by i stay hai.
You can't just fuck around with someone like Oprah and expect to walk away unscathed.

Goddess has been quietly gnawing on Mo's skull since and my good sis just cannot take.

It makes sense that she's trying to really seize the most money out of any offer she's given now.

I understand why she was seething though. 50,000 is literally nothing after taxes for a movie as big as Precious.
She clearly had no clue that the film would be that big.
And to be paid so little for the film, and have people calling you up for promo on-demand, I could understand her thinking, "Shit, I damn near did the movie for free and now ya'll won't even consider my request for first class tickets?"

But still. Sis, you said lets play ball. You pushed the envelope.
So now you're playin' ball.

Lemme know how it works owt

SouravMay

If Mo?Nique was a white woman, fighting against white men everybody would have been.

?arrrrgh feminist!?
B7

Lazarus

February 22, 2018, 01:37:02 PM #18 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:38:11 PM by Lazarus
Precious wasn't a runaway box office hit though. It was an indie film with distribution from Lionsgate.  It was critical acclaimed if anything  and brought Monique accolades and public exposure.

Vonc2002

Quote from: Poseidon on February 22, 2018, 01:36:24 PM
If Mo?Nique was a white woman, fighting against white men everybody would have been.

?arrrrgh feminist!?
This is true.
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Rxxf

Mo' did was she had to do contractually for Precious.
I don't agree with Whoopi.
BRANDY

Rxxf

Quote from: i stay hai. on February 22, 2018, 01:34:29 PM
You can't just fuck around with someone like Oprah and expect to walk away unscathed.

Goddess has been quietly gnawing on Mo's skull since and my good sis just cannot take.

It makes sense that she's trying to really seize the most money out of any offer she's given now.

I understand why she was seething though. 50,000 is literally nothing after taxes for a movie as big as Precious.
She clearly had no clue that the film would be that big.
And to be paid so little for the film, and have people calling you up for promo on-demand, I could understand her thinking, "Shit, I damn near did the movie for free and now ya'll won't even consider my request for first class tickets?"

But still. Sis, you said lets play ball. You pushed the envelope.
So now you're playin' ball.

Lemme know how it works owt

But that's the problem.
Why should anyone have to conform to such foolery?
I guess they don't. And then you get left out...
BRANDY

Rxxf

BRANDY

Rxxf

It's not fair.
Now everyone is more like "angry woman", "shut the fuck up, take your money", "you should have done what they told you to do".

Bullshit.
BRANDY

Heated🔥

February 22, 2018, 01:40:11 PM #24 Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:40:44 PM by Mary Jane
Why didn?t she wear a girdle or something? Or a shaper?
That top outlines all her fat.

yummy

I know Whoopi wanted to yank out those fuckin grey hairs when she heard Mo'Nique call herself the most decorated comedian alive

yummy

and did she really try to compare this to sexual assault?

:rudone:

Vonc2002

Quote from: ???? on February 22, 2018, 01:37:51 PM
Mo' did was she had to do contractually for Precious.
I don't agree with Whoopi.
I don't think that's how Hollywood works. Ur expected to promote your film.  Whoopi is someone that's been in Hollywood for yrs and I'm sure she knows the game.  That's pretty short sighted imo to say NOPE not doing anything else. Contractual obligations met
Hollywood is a business and is not someplace  that's easy to get into.  Alot of people are there BECAUSE of who u know and networking, it's not even about who's the most talented.  So why would u go and ruin relationships and burn bridges? Monique brought all this on herself. No one owes u movie roles.  :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Cowboy Nine

ya rock muh world.

I agree that if she were a White woman this would be different.

But my thoughts would be the same...you said let's play ball...you're playin' ball. You're rocking the boat.

With that comes respect, but consequences as well.

Consequences that you may not be able to afford with 560K in back taxes. But play ball sis and hope for the best.

I'm here for anyone who stands in their mess.