Usher Fights to Get Genital Herpes Case Dismissed, Claims Georgia Accuser Knew t

Started by Lazarus, October 11, 2017, 05:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Usher Fights to Get Genital Herpes Case Dismissed, Claims Georgia Accuser Knew the Risks of Sex

Usher continues to fight back against accusations that he allegedly gave genital herpes to Laura Helm.

In court documents obtained by E! News, the Grammy winner's attorney has asked the court to dismiss Laura's $20 million lawsuit in part because the plaintiff assumed her own risk when sleeping with a partner.

"With a one in six chance that any given partner could have genital herpes, plaintiff assumed the risk of contracting an STD each and every time she chose to have unprotected sex with a casual, consensual party," Usher's attorney Steve Sadow stated.

"To be perfectly clear, [Usher] is not asking the court to pass moral or societal judgment on plaintiff," the documents state. "[Usher] is only seeking the correct application of the legal doctrine of assumption of risk as interpreted and construed in Georgia's appellate decisions."

In Laura's verified tape, she alleges to being a participant in two casual, consensual sexual encounters with a celebrity.

According to Usher's attorney, Laura "made the free choice to engage in unprotected sexual activity. In doing so, she failed to exercise ordinary care for her own safety."

Usher has never confirmed that he has an STD or had sex with Laura. And when three accusers came forward in August claiming the "Yeah" singer had sexual relations with them in the past without telling them he had the herpes virus, his legal team denied the allegations.

Usher "general and specifically denies each and every allegation contained in the complaint and the entirety thereof, including each purported cause of action contained therein," his lawyers said in a statement.

TMZ was first to report the legal development.

MAY

All he has to do is get tested. If he's bump-free all of this mess comes to an end. It's that simple.

RAY7

brocka4life

He could have it and still test negative. Or, he could not have it and get a false positive. The burden of proof is always on the plaintiff, not the defendant.

KING BENTLEY.

H.#.G.*.Z

BAPHOMET.

XXX.

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on October 11, 2017, 07:22:51 PM
this is never going away

NDNDBDBFBDFNDFNNDFN

He will NEVER recover from this.  When your own mother gets on IG to drag you.

Ki.

CHOKE

Sor but I could not be friends with a herped owt girl I'd be so paranoid round them

Did we share a drink? Suck the same dick?

:ummwhat:

I jus couldn't

XXX.

Quote from: Cho-Ku on October 11, 2017, 07:28:58 PM
Sor but I could not be friends with a herped owt girl I'd be so paranoid round them

Did we share a drink? Suck the same dick?

:ummwhat:

I jus couldn't

NNNNNbbbbbbvVVVVvvVXXCc

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: XXX. on October 11, 2017, 07:27:40 PM
this is never going away

NDNDBDBFBDFNDFNNDFN

Ki.

sjdjkdsjdsjdsjk

Not his mom throwing any cup he uses into the trash after he leaves

RAY7

His mom was dragging his wife/ Scooter Braun
not him

XXX.

Quote from: Baph al Mana. on October 11, 2017, 07:33:07 PM
Quote from: XXX. on October 11, 2017, 07:27:40 PM
this is never going away

NDNDBDBFBDFNDFNNDFN

Ki.

sjdjkdsjdsjdsjk

Not his mom throwing any cup he uses into the trash after he leaves

:plzstop:

The way she sprays Lysol on everything he touched.  Including her grandchildren.

jtwoeleven

Cowboy Nine

this is never going away

DDSDSADSADASDASDSADSDSADSADSSDASDASDDSASADDSASDSDSDSDASDSSDSDASDASDADSASDSDSADSAASSADASD