Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS FUCK

AND 9MONTHS LATA U GETTIN DA BIG BUCKS

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

AIDS

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 10:54:23 AM
But if you're still living in your parent's basement as an adult because you decided to spend your money on relatively luxurious items instead of investing in the experience of independence, I'd say that "basics" aren't covered.

I'm not here for the promotion of economic complacency and I never will be.

SO I had someone tell me that i am spending too much

i should turn in my car cause im making payments on it opt for a used one i own outright
i should sell my items i do not need
i should downsize my apartment to just renting a roomt

so I can plan for the future better

now thats all sound advice cause that shaves off like almost 2gs

but i would be miserable

and it has nothing to do with being materialistic as i view these things as basic needs but on a different scale

so back to the basement

loni only brought that up to illustrate that  we shouldnt judge and shouldnt tell ppul how to spend their money

but

we are getting into a mindset of well if you cant buy the big things you dont deserve the lil things

and ppul that work hard everyday but still classified as the working poor the lil things is what they got
untill something gives

but you say its being materialistic lol

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 11:03:06 AM
Someone JUST posted a video of Black people hollering and screaming in front of an Indian owned business - trying to get other Black people in the neighborhood to deny them business because the owner called a Black woman a bitch.

But where they gonna go to pump their gas? Daquan's basement? They kinda have no choice because business ownership and economic responsibility has never been at the top of our list. So we'll deal with these Koreans and Indians treating us however they'd like after they flood our neighborhoods with THEIR businesses because you ain't GOT no other choice.

And then we'll sit in front of each other and say that spending all your money on clothes is acceptable and OK. Fucking yuck.

Stop

cause blacks not owning businesses is more institutional than personal

but its because mei ling came here and keeps 15 people in her basement
that their resources are a bit better

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 10:27:28 AM
Hey Marg :wub:

I don't think it's "just" a "poor Black thing" either.

What I am addressing is a Black woman promoting materialism. She's so quick to speak on everything else that affects us - and I honestly think that could be why I expected more from her -  but materialism is a very BIG issue in our community as well.
I think we've embraced it as normality when the reality is that - YES, people in other communities are materialistic but other communities aren't at the bottom of the totem pole when stats are released regarding employment and net earnings/worth. That's where a bit of a difference comes into play.

There was a segment on Tyra where this Chinese girl was bashing Koreans for their love of designer bags and mess. But many of them are business OWNERS, have steady cash flow and can afford to buy that Chanel bag AND not live in someone's basement as they're ordering it.  I honestly don't see an issue with that - or with any Black person in the same situation where a luxury item is WELL within their means.

But to make a blanket statement telling everyone it's OK to live at home as an adult and buy Nike suits...it's unacceptable for me.

I dont think being materialistic should be justified simply because you do have the means for it

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 11:14:15 AM
If your rent is within your means, keep your apartment.

If your car payment is within your means, keep your car.

but if you are STRUGGLING to make ends meet and are living from check to check, make some adjustments.

It's really simple. LIVE WITHIN YOUR FUCKING MEANS.

Dear you are making to many assumptions
if they can afford it and they want it  get it

this is about working class people opting for quick flash vs substance

both are within the means

but one has a better outcome in the future

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

all materialism depreciates in value once purchased

and whether you have a lot of money or a little bit of money
its still depreciating and a better choice could have been made

Different

XXX.

I think things are being taken out of context.  First and foremost, everyone should familiarize themselves with Amanda Seales tweets, because that?s what is being discussed.   Amanda said people who are buying Jordan and Nike but don?t have a passport are losing in life.  And that?s bullshit. 

Loni isn?t saying be a bum and don?t have dreams.  She?s simply saying that people who may not have the means to afford luxury shouldn?t be ashamed to spend their money on whatever they want. 

What the fuck is a passport doing for someone who can?t buy a mattress?  Amanda is an idiot.

XXX.

Quote from: TriBeCa on October 13, 2017, 10:21:43 AM
So basically Loni knows that most of these kids won't amount to shit, so they better live it up when they have the chance. Adrienne, on the other hand thinks that with some brains and discipline, they could aim higher in life.

Is traveling aiming higher in life than purchasing material things?

Not seeing the correlation.

Sounds to me like Adrienne is placing weight on one luxury over another.  Traveling nor Jordan?s are necessary to ?win? in life.

Young

XXX.

Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 11:35:47 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 11:27:54 AM
I think things are being taken out of context.  First and foremost, everyone should familiarize themselves with Amanda Seales tweets, because that?s what is being discussed.   Amanda said people who are buying Jordan and Nike but don?t have a passport are losing in life.  And that?s bullshit. 

Loni isn?t saying be a bum and don?t have dreams.  She?s simply saying that people who may not have the means to afford luxury shouldn?t be ashamed to spend their money on whatever they want. 

What the fuck is a passport doing for someone who can?t buy a mattress?  Amanda is an idiot.
Well the Amanda tweets weren't posted in the OP, so I don't think I've taken anything I've seen out of context. What I saw was Loni flat out saying that it's OK to live in your parents' basement and spend all your money on clothes if you'd like.

That's what I've been addressing. Honestly, up until that point in the clip I was kind of on the fence about the conversation because I was getting both sides. It's that last comment she made that made me black the fuck out.

I think Loni just has a hard time articulating a lot of her thoughts.  Bare with her.

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 11:29:43 AM
Quote from: TriBeCa on October 13, 2017, 10:21:43 AM
So basically Loni knows that most of these kids won't amount to shit, so they better live it up when they have the chance. Adrienne, on the other hand thinks that with some brains and discipline, they could aim higher in life.

Is traveling aiming higher in life than purchasing material things?

Not seeing the correlation.

Sounds to me like Adrienne is placing weight on one luxury over another.  Traveling nor Jordan?s are necessary to ?win? in life.
yup

Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 11:48:51 AM
Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 11:35:47 AM
Quote from: XXX. on October 13, 2017, 11:27:54 AM

Well the Amanda tweets weren't posted in the OP, so I don't think I've taken anything I've seen out of context. What I saw was Loni flat out saying that it's OK to live in your parents' basement and spend all your money on clothes if you'd like.

That's what I've been addressing. Honestly, up until that point in the clip I was kind of on the fence about the conversation because I was getting both sides. It's that last comment she made that made me black the fuck out.

I think Loni just has a hard time articulating a lot of her thoughts.  Bare with her.
lmao

no she used an extreme to say dont judge ppul can do what they want at the end of the day

Different

XXX.

Quote from: 4mate. on October 13, 2017, 11:46:41 AM
And the passport mess is ridiculous. It's just saying that world travel is more important than name brand sneakers - when ultimately they're two luxuries and it's all about which one the person places more value in. That was another ignorant comment worth addressing . Thanks for bringing it to my attention, Cod.

And I still stand in what I've said about Loni.

Exactly.

Thank you for saying this.

And these are her tweets....

It sparked a pretty huge discussion. 

She sounds classist as fuck. 

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Different