Brandy sings on IG (Postpones single and Apologizes to fans)

Started by yearofbrandy, March 14, 2020, 12:40:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

b7

Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 07:51:10 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 25, 2020, 07:36:56 PM
Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 07:18:33 PM
Quote from: BRockaBaby on March 25, 2020, 07:08:48 PM
My biggest issue was lack of communication and she's shut me up. So I'm good now!

what else is going on?

I still think making an announcement 36 hours before the single release date is kinda wack. But I digress.

Understandable. But a part of me feels like this was a tough decision for her and her team. Who knows if a Bran was fighting to keep the release on Friday. She may not have wanted to push it back hence why she didn't say anything.

Now yes she took the date out of her bio but she may have only done that because she knew Friday was in jeopardy. But mama may have been fighting.

Either way this is a huge improvement for a bran. Not only did she let us know but she got straight to the shit. No cryptic messages where we are having to dig around to solve the riddle.

I use....

I dont see this as a huge improvement at all. Brandy always cancels shit last minute (like the show last year in Washington), or she says nothing at all. A huge improvement wouldve been talking to her fans from a couple weeks ago about what is going on with the virus, or at least giving us something like a IG Live Q&A today or tomorrow for her upcoming album, sing a couple songs and reach out to her fans who have been ever so patient with her. THAT would be a huge improvement, instead of dropping a little clip, disabling her comment feature from the post and vanishing into oblivion.

And let's be clear. One of the only reasons why the blow is softened about the single being postponed is because Kipp told us days before. If it wasnt for him, we would've still not been in the know, which is why Bran spilled the tea and shut off her comments, just like she did last yr when she cancelled her big show.
two weeks ago? Two weeks ago, no one was taking the virus this seriously babe

Just the week before that, the single was announced

b7

Quote from: Le Champ on March 25, 2020, 08:35:04 PM
I also want to point out like others have that Queen sounds damn good. That voice is just butter

b7

Quote from: Le Champ on March 25, 2020, 08:37:31 PM
My biggest issue was lack of communication and she's shut me up. So I'm good now!

what else is going on?

I still think making an announcement 36 hours before the single release date is kinda wack. But I digress.

Understandable. But a part of me feels like this was a tough decision for her and her team. Who knows if a Bran was fighting to keep the release on Friday. She may not have wanted to push it back hence why she didn't say anything.

Now yes she took the date out of her bio but she may have only done that because she knew Friday was in jeopardy. But mama may have been fighting.

Either way this is a huge improvement for a bran. Not only did she let us know but she got straight to the shit. No cryptic messages where we are having to dig around to solve the riddle.

I use....

I dont see this as a huge improvement at all. Brandy always cancels shit last minute (like the show last year in Washington), or she says nothing at all. A huge improvement wouldve been talking to her fans from a couple weeks ago about what is going on with the virus, or at least giving us something like a IG Live Q&A today or tomorrow for her upcoming album, sing a couple songs and reach out to her fans who have been ever so patient with her. THAT would be a huge improvement, instead of dropping a little clip, disabling her comment feature from the post and vanishing into oblivion.

And let's be clear. One of the only reasons why the blow is softened about the single being postponed is because Kipp told us days before. If it wasnt for him, we would've still not been in the know, which is why Bran spilled the tea and shut off her comments, just like she did last yr when she cancelled her big show.

I mean it sounds like they just made the final decision yesterday to postpone. Kipp said there were discussions but they didn't get final word until this week. It's Wednesday. What sense would it have made for her to get online and say "might cancel...not sure...stay tuned!"  :dead: :dead: :dead:
now that would have been MESS

U know how many times we've dragged her for being cryptic, unsure and announcing a possible announcement?

:kii:

Oh baby she would've been lashed for two weeks straight until today. No ma'am

4ever_A.jamal

Quote from: 1RIG on March 25, 2020, 09:30:09 PM

what else is going on?

I use....
!!!! And i don't think she wanted to

If she reaaally wanted to, i have a feeling she wouldn't have even addressed this. I know artists should do this anyway and this like the bare minimum for a lot of you, but this made me feel a lot better, personally.

Still disappointed and don't expect everyone to give her a standing ovation for this but i get it and I'm chill about it

I love that your posts have a balance of realism and optimism

b7

Quote from: 4ever_A.jamal on March 25, 2020, 09:31:15 PM
With Corona dictating the timeline, there's no use in even speculating on a release date  :letsmessfag:

Some estimates say it could be as late as August before things improve. By then I feel like it would be like starting over planning wise and vying for a lot of competing media slots.

Only time will tell.
once talk shows and radio shows start running as normal and having audience members, I'm guessing maybe that's when we'll see an influx of content?

We'll see

Heated🔥

Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 09:24:44 PM
Quote from: KippDaddy on March 25, 2020, 09:20:16 PM
Quote from: LF on March 25, 2020, 09:19:52 PM
Quote from: BrandySavedMyLife on March 25, 2020, 09:17:57 PM
Hopefully we'll have the single by September & the album in December.

Well damn. Not next winter. Geesh!

🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️

Uh oh
if I have to wait that long they can keep it tbh.

4ever_A.jamal

Quote from: heir. on March 25, 2020, 09:38:33 PM
not yall in here proposing a 48 business hour rule mess

sfsfsfsfsfssfsf

im just glad she let the gorls know what's WHAT before 11:59PM on Thursday.
anything after that woulda been just a mess.

This is also true. If nothing else I'm glad it came from her mouth. I really thought I was just gonna have to roll the dice and wake up Friday and check. Glad she made the pushback official. And gave a beautiful vocal with it.

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

Quote from: 1RIG on March 25, 2020, 09:31:20 PM

what else is going on?

I use....

Yes, people were taking the virus seriously two weeks ago.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

GLOCK

She is such a legend 
I love when she presents that 

Just Dropped In To See What Condition My Condition Was In

I take everything that Brandy says at face value. I'm just glad that I have 5 good albums of hers to listen to and an album of unreleased music to listen to of hers because at this  point my stan card was turned in years ago. If music comes, it comes. If it doesn't, then I won't be upset or sad at all.
I am scarred, so fucking scarred
These are the scars of me
The very fucking scars of me
This is my tragic heart
My tragic heart

-Me "Tragic Heart"

AfroJisiac

i wonder how "she gon make it up to us' like she said...  
gurl she better throw us an EP real quick for our weeks in quarantine ghfjkh

Heated🔥

Quote from: AfroJisiac on March 25, 2020, 09:49:05 PM
gurl she better throw us an EP real quick for our weeks in quarantine ghfjkh
yea right.

AfroJisiac

Quote from: Fuck it! on March 25, 2020, 09:44:02 PM
Quote from: 1RIG on March 25, 2020, 09:31:20 PM

what else is going on?

I use....

Yes, people were taking the virus seriously two weeks ago.

hum in europe i would say yeah..Two weeks ago..

but not in the USA! look ur own President is not even takin' the shit seriously today..
come on now...

4ever_A.jamal

Unfortunately our president is not really an accurate barometer of how "people" perceive anything. He's in his own world  :dead:

He's still talking about having packed churches by Easter when New Orleans is expected to be overwhelmed with the virus in coming weeks. Not to mention Atlanta. So yea....