Waitress drags customers: "Tip me or eat at home"

Started by shante smith, April 20, 2021, 07:04:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilgamesh.

April 21, 2021, 07:54:30 AM #60 Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:55:13 AM by Gilgamesh.
Sorry, unless it's in the contract or the terms and conditions we (the public) aren't obligated to do a damn thing. Now that I have the facts, when I'm eating out in the States i'll give a more generously but I don't have to.

These girls don't work for me and I don't work at the restaurant.

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Gilgamesh. on April 21, 2021, 07:54:30 AM
Sorry, unless it's in the contract or the terms and conditions we (the public) aren't obligated to do a damn thing. Now that I have the facts, when I'm eating out in the States i'll give a more generously but I don't have to.

These girls don't work for me and I don't work at the restaurant.
!!!!! :dead:
It's crazy comparing how things work in other countries

Dr Naomi Campbell

I'm already paying for the food but I need to pay your employees FOR you too?

shante smith

April 21, 2021, 07:56:41 AM #63 Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 07:57:11 AM by ATL Shawty
Quote from: Jayda X on April 21, 2021, 07:54:24 AM
Quote from: ATL Shawty on April 21, 2021, 07:51:23 AM
Quote from: Jayda X on April 21, 2021, 07:48:48 AM
Quote from: ATL Shawty on April 21, 2021, 07:41:36 AM
Quote from: Trey on April 21, 2021, 07:37:40 AM
I don't think it's so much saying that "you chose this mess!". I think we're just all in agreement that the service/restaurant  industry should be the ones responsible for paying their employees more. It honestly shouldn't be expected nor "socially" required of the customers to pay to fill in their pay gaps. If you just wanna give a tip because of kindness, then that's all it should be. :dead: Not because of guilt and expectation.

America is just greedy and WEIRD..
So y'all reward the restaurants for the shitty system they have in place by paying for the meal and making sure they get all their profit from you , and are OK with leaving the workers to be punished for that system with no tip.
I don't think it's a case of reward, I think people just want to pay for the food they ate and be done tbh
Customers shouldn't be obligated or expected or guilt tripped into paying extra because the restaurant is too greedy to do so.
I don't know how America is legally operates that stupid system of tips
Of course no ones thinking paying their Bill is a reward to the corporation. That wasn't meant to be taken literally

but ultimately that's what is happening when u participate in this "system" that we are saying is based on pure greed.

And we are leaving the service workers out of the equation. The corporations don't care about them but let's ask if we care about them.
I think people do care about them, but let's be honest.. when we're all out enjoying a night of fine dining the last thing you're thinking about is if the waiting staff are being paid fairly  :dead:
And we're all participating and feeding into a system in one way or another that disadvantages people someway somehow somewhere
I just don't think this is one of the instances where people should be guilt-tripped
you don't have to proactively think about whether they're being paid fairly . That's why the tip is there. It's a gentle reminder and I'd say it's safe to assume it's common sense that waiters aren't highly paid workers in America.

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: ATL Shawty on April 21, 2021, 07:56:41 AM
I don't think it's so much saying that "you chose this mess!". I think we're just all in agreement that the service/restaurant  industry should be the ones responsible for paying their employees more. It honestly shouldn't be expected nor "socially" required of the customers to pay to fill in their pay gaps. If you just wanna give a tip because of kindness, then that's all it should be. :dead: Not because of guilt and expectation.

So y'all reward the restaurants for the shitty system they have in place by paying for the meal and making sure they get all their profit from you , and are OK with leaving the workers to be punished for that system with no tip.
I don't think it's a case of reward, I think people just want to pay for the food they ate and be done tbh
Customers shouldn't be obligated or expected or guilt tripped into paying extra because the restaurant is too greedy to do so.
Of course no ones thinking paying their Bill is a reward to the corporation. That wasn't meant to be taken literally

but ultimately that's what is happening when u participate in this "system" that we are saying is based on pure greed.

And we are leaving the service workers out of the equation. The corporations don't care about them but let's ask if we care about them.
I think people do care about them, but let's be honest.. when we're all out enjoying a night of fine dining the last thing you're thinking about is if the waiting staff are being paid fairly  :dead:
And we're all participating and feeding into a system in one way or another that disadvantages people someway somehow somewhere
I just don't think this is one of the instances where people should be guilt-tripped
you don't have to proactively think about whether they're being paid fairly . That's why the tip is there. It's a gentle reminder and I'd say it's safe to assume it's common sense that waiters aren't highly paid workers in America.
well then there lies another problem of what to give
10%? 20%?
I'm not gonna sit at my table and work out what is acceptable and what is the bare minimum provided on the level of service I received that night
I know some restaurants even TAKE the tips for themselves and other share 'em out
Lisen gur
I'm justhere to eat shrimp and pasta and maybe get a tiramisu if I'm feeling fancy... not fill in HR pay requests mmmk?

STUNNA GOD

Quote from: Jayda X on April 21, 2021, 07:56:38 AM
DHDHDHDHSGDHDGDGXGXGXXXGCCF
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
FF
F

Y'all trying to make sense of this is SENDING me!!

:plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop: :plzstop:

shante smith

Quote from: Jayda X on April 21, 2021, 08:00:59 AM
Quote from: ATL Shawty on April 21, 2021, 07:56:41 AM

well then there lies another problem of what to give
10%? 20%?
I'm not gonna sit at my table and work out what is acceptable and what is the bare minimum provided on the level of service I received that night
I know some restaurants even TAKE the tips for themselves and other share 'em out
Lisen gur
I'm justhere to eat shrimp and pasta and maybe get a tiramisu if I'm feeling fancy... not fill in HR pay requests mmmk?
We're not arguing appropriate percentages , we are discussing leaving a "0" and why that is insulting and even hurtful to service workers in that field. 

Dr Naomi Campbell

Quote from: Trey on April 21, 2021, 08:01:55 AM
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
FF
F

maybe they need to nix waitstaff and we can just serve ourselves from the kitchen and pour our own drinks coz ch

Dr Naomi Campbell

sounds like way too much trouble for a night of fine dining
I'm reading yall gotta tip bartenders too?'
lisn here

shante smith

April 21, 2021, 08:19:00 AM #69 Last Edit: April 21, 2021, 08:22:40 AM by ATL Shawty
It really isn't a ton of work

the "tip" portion of the bill is right there at the bottom

and it's built in to DoorDash, ubereats apps. It's often pre-selected with a suggested amount that can u change at ur discretion .

If there's no problem with spending a couple days worth of grocery money on one meal, we can take that one little extra step in making sure those who deliver it to us get a lil thank you.

shante smith

I cannot emphasize enough that dining out is a LUXURY.

having ur food handed to u on a platter like ur a child instead of preparing it urself is a LUXURY.

Getting a delivery man to drive thru heat, rain, sleet and snow just so u don't have to leave ur air conditioned home to get ur own damn food is a LUXURY 

lol

i really think that it's become so common to some of us that people forget this .

Cowgirl

Quote from: Jayda X on April 21, 2021, 08:06:47 AM
sounds like way too much trouble for a night of fine dining
I'm reading yall gotta tip bartenders too?'
lisn here
Yes we do

:diddraispoot:

Cowgirl

Quote from: Trey on April 21, 2021, 08:01:55 AM
F
F
F
F
F
F
F

F
FF
F

fvvvggvvvvgg

Wait, did I misread your former post? Are you a fine dining kwee or are you a non-tipping hoodlum?

bby ddy

Quote from: TinaSnow on April 20, 2021, 08:03:17 PM
Quote from: bby ddy on April 20, 2021, 08:01:33 PM
Quote from: TinaSnow on April 20, 2021, 07:36:17 PM
Quote from: bby ddy on April 20, 2021, 07:29:36 PM
Tipping is a courtesy, not an obligation. I was shocked when I went overseas and tips weren't accepted. Wtf is America doing. Pay these people a fair wage.:plzstop:
America should pay a fair wage but in the meantime, people should not go out to eat if they cannot afford it/are trying to prove a long.

They can afford to eat out if they paid their bill.
Then they should know to incorporate taxes and tip on top of the check.

Taxes and tip are not one in the same.

Taxes are already included in the bill. Tips are not (unless automatic gratuity is included), so the diner can still afford to eat out if they pay their bill.

I tip because that's what I was taught.... but it is most certainly not an obligation.