Happy 15 Year Anniversary Lady Marmalade

Started by Lazarus, March 27, 2016, 04:21:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SouravMay

only disposable one was Pink, on this. It took me years to figure out she was on this.
B7

AfroJisiac

March 27, 2016, 06:40:26 PM #16 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 06:41:30 PM by AfroJisiac
Quote from: Yar backwards on March 27, 2016, 05:04:04 PM
Quote from: Smoove Jones on March 27, 2016, 04:58:22 PM

I love Mya's ad-Lib after her verse here
what kinda crystal clear Soprano?

Not Missy poppin' out with her Apollo 11 costume then Patti screaming' like a strangled goat  dsnrftghjkhgfc 

I screamed  :plzstop:

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Vonc2002 on March 27, 2016, 05:21:12 PM
Quote from: sumcatbroad on March 27, 2016, 04:50:45 PM
yeah, guys, mya just has no presence.

coulda had christina millian up there and there would't have been much of a difference
This is actually kinda true. I always felt like mya was disposable

I always wondered why not Aaliyah ? Or even brandy ? But mya ? lol

RAY7

Quote from: TEXASbama on March 27, 2016, 06:44:29 PM

coulda had christina millian up there and there would't have been much of a difference

well Ron Fair and Missy were on Interscope records Bran was on Atlantic, Aaliyah was Blackground/ Virgin. Mya was on the label
also this called for dancing and being sexy which is Mya's forte.

Lazarus

March 27, 2016, 06:59:59 PM #19 Last Edit: March 27, 2016, 07:00:49 PM by Smoove Jones
Quote from: TEXASbama on March 27, 2016, 06:44:29 PM

N

Mya's connection was through her label since her label was producing the soundtrack and Jimmy Iovine actually suggested her because she had done numerous soundtracks before for her label.

pCj

It's easy to say "Why Mya?" when you're looking at this in hindsight. I mean, people thought Bey would've ended Rihanna's career by now yet she's still here keeping that creole bitch in formation

RAY7

TBH though if we want to nitpick
Jessica Simpson could've done Xtina's part
Foxy, or Eve could've done Kim's part, Gwen Stefani could've done P!nk's part
but what happened happened deal with it

Lazarus

Bottom line. Mya held her own and pulled her weight. Ron Fair can vouch for that.

COD.

pCj

Lazarus

I mean if we're going to nitpick there are a lot of soundtrack singles she wasn't supposed to be on :dead:

Vonc2002

Mya only got this because of her connection with the label. Pink may have just been off her first album but she came out and was a PRESENCE! Plus she was a singer,  same with xtina. Say what want about her but no pop girl then was seeing her vocally. Mya isn't a stand out vocalist, she doesn't have much presence, she was and still is the weakest link. There's a reason pink went on to sell 15 million copies with her misunderstood album. She earned her spot, mya coulda easily been replaced with ANY girl :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Zankou.

Vonc2002

And who said Aaliyah :dead:
Mya mousey ass voice barely was heard, that damn coo wasn't gonna be audible, Love that girl tho
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

pCj