Here's A Crumb Of Information Regarding Frank Ocean's New Album

Started by JRocka, March 30, 2016, 10:03:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JRocka

QuoteProducer Malay says the album is "vocally looser" than his previous effort.

Ocean hasn't contributed new music aside from Kanye West's "Wolves" track since 2012's Grammy Award winning Channel Orange album, but word on the street is his next LP is expected to drop this year. Ocean hosted an exclusive, not-so-secret VIP listening party last month to preview songs from the upcoming record, which was originally meant for a release in July 2015, and a photographer in attendance uploaded (and since deleted) bits of it to the Internet. Other than the low quality snippets that surfaced, we don't know much about the sound Ocean is aiming for... until now.

Producer Malay, who recently collaborated with Zayn Malik on many of the Mind Of Mine tracks as well as played a pivotal role on Ocean's previous record, says Ocean's new sound is more relaxed than ever before. ?A lot of the stuff on this new album was done with a handheld mic sitting in the control room,? he tells Pitchfork.

?Frank?s exploring different vibes completely on this album. I wouldn?t say it?s vocally looser but just his mentality; it doesn?t seem as meticulous at certain times.?

As for when fans can expect to hear the new LP? ?I always tell people: When he?s ready, the world is gonna get it. It could be tomorrow? well not tomorrow but maybe a month [laughs]. We?ve all been working hard. He?s been working super hard. I feel like he?s working harder than he?s ever worked in his life."

"I?m excited for everyone to hear it. I think people are going to be pleasantly surprised, for sure.?

King is gonna bring it this year i'm so excited  :loose2when: :loose2when:

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

RekeRig

Cowboy Nine