Fat Joe, SWV, James Brown & More Slated for New 'Unsung' Season: Exclusive

Started by Lazarus, December 07, 2016, 02:38:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Newly minted Grammy nominee Fat Joe, ?90s girl group SWV and soul/funk pioneer James Brown are among the artists comprising the new lineup for TV One?s longest-running show, Unsung. The acclaimed R&B, soul and hip-hop music series will premiere its 10th season on Jan. 4 (8 p.m. ET).

Rounding out Unsung?s forthcoming slate will be episodes profiling fellow artists Jon B., Lenny Williams, Case, Dave Hollister and After 7. The series is narrated by actor Gary Anthony Williams.

SWV will launch the 10th season of Unsung on Jan. 4, followed by Fat Joe (Jan. 11), Jon B. (Jan. 18), Lenny Williams (Jan. 25), Case (Feb. 1), Dave Hollister (Feb. 8) and After 7 (Feb. 15). A special tribute to James Brown (Feb. 22) -- featuring actor Chadwick Boseman (Brown biopic Get on Up), Full Force and Kwame, among others -- will wrap up the season?s eight-episode arc.

?Unsung?s in-depth first-person interviews, the participation of family and friends, the attention to detail invested into sharing each artist?s story and, of course, the music are the staples that have made this series ?must-see TV,?? said TV One president Brad Siegel in a release announcing the new season. ?After 129 episodes and nine seasons, Unsung is still TV One?s most anticipated series.?

SWV???  :hmph: :shannonsmissing:

They were one of Top 3 girl groups of the 90s alongside En Vogue & TLC.

RAY7

I don't see how James Brown is Unsung
he's LEGENDARY and successful.
the Blueprint for Michael and even the Hip Hop Generation, he's like the male counterpart to Aretha

Lazarus

Quote from: AYR on December 07, 2016, 02:42:37 PM
I don't see how James Brown is Unsung
he's LEGENDARY and successful.
the Blueprint for Michael and even the Hip Hop Generation, he's like the male counterpart to Aretha

His is just a special tribute because he's definitely not Unsung.

Gilgamesh.

SWV are hardly unsung; they're just not relevant :dead:

Isn't Fat Joe nominated for a Grammy this year?

:usuresis:

yummy

SWV was never as big as TLC :dead: luv them but no

And James Brown's career is hardly unsung.

Lazarus

Quote from: TRADE on December 07, 2016, 02:44:05 PM
How are most of these ppl unsung?

Dave definitely is. He's underrated as a singer. After 7 is as well. So is Lenny Williams.

Gilgamesh.

well imma watch the SWV one.

Hopefully they have the tea on them wanting to beat up Blackgirl and Faith and Coko getting into it :acquit:

RAY7

SWV were definitely battling it out with TLC until CSC blew them out of the water
I'd say both groups debut albums are probably equally successful

GLOCK

Quote from: BEST OF ME on December 07, 2016, 02:45:33 PM

Dave definitely is. He's underrated as a singer. After 7 is as well. So is Lenny Williams.
im referring to the ones in the title really

RAY7

I heard their was a court case with TLC over the name
I'd like to know about that

Lazarus

Quote from: TRADE on December 07, 2016, 02:47:33 PM

James Brown's episode is a special tribute. Fat Joe no comment

GLOCK

Quote from: BEST OF ME on December 07, 2016, 02:49:11 PM
Quote from: TRADE on December 07, 2016, 02:47:33 PM

James Brown's episode is a special tribute. Fat Joe no comment
got u :plzstop:
think they tryna get some ratings

Lazarus

SWV might've not been as big TLC in the long run. But they definitely came in with a BOOM with their first album.