Tyra Banks to Return as 'America's Next Top Model' Host After Rita Ora's One Sea

Started by Lazarus, March 16, 2017, 08:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Tyra Banks has decided to return as the host of America?s Next Top Model, just days after announcing that she?ll be replacing Nick Cannon as the host of America?s Got Talent.

The model/TV personality previously spent 22 seasons hosting ANTM but stepped behind the camera as an executive producer last season while Rita Ora filled her spot as host.

Banks tweeted Thursday (March 16) that she missed the show she helped create.

I missed my ANTM baby so Mama's back! #ANTM #ANTM24

? Tyra Banks (@tyrabanks) March 16, 2017
"I'm overwhelmed and humbled by the intensity of the ANTM fan base whose deep affection for the show led me to have a change of heart," Banks said in a statement. "After giving it a lot of thought, I realized that remaining behind the camera wasn't enough because ANTM is woven into my DNA."

Ken Mok, a fellow ANTM exececutive producer, released his own statement to thank Ora.

"Tyra has always been the heart and soul of the franchise and her absence was deeply felt by our fiercely loyal fans who missed their Queen of the Smize," Mok said in the statement. "We'd like to thank Rita Ora for being a great partner and total pro.  She infused this new iteration of ANTM with passion and creativity and we wish her nothing but the best in her future endeavors."

The 24th cycle of VH1's America's Next Top Model is slated to start this summer.

Ora, for her part, was appreciative of the chance to step in for a season:

I love you!!! https://t.co/yYJ5YC9Vv9

? Rita Ora (@RitaOra) March 16, 2017
@tyrabanks Thank you Tyra! Was such an honour and pleasure being on your show. Everyone welcome Tyra back!!

Love to you all for amazing ride! Cannot wait for you all to hear my new music ❤️----

b7

Tears

The show must have done better without her than she thought it would

Rxxf

Love to you all for amazing ride! Cannot wait for you all to hear my new music ❤️----

:dead:
BRANDY

Opposites Attract.

n

This next season will be it's last. People liked it because Tyra wasn't apart.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

Cowgirl

Was just reading this and Pita was also a victim of a drive-by shooting recently. They missed.
:melmel:

STUNNA GOD

KippDaddy

Quote from: RIGS on March 16, 2017, 08:40:32 PM
Tears

The show must have done better without her than she thought it would

That's the first thing I thought lol.

Rxxf

BRANDY

SouravMay

Rita's season didn't have a single special moment that was relevant beyond the show's audience. Bye sis, she didn't really use this opportunity.
B7

Buy The Stars✨

im glad rita is gone.. no one really knows her like that outside the UK .. ill watch again now that tyra is on it

Sinpool

lkvvvvv

People were dragging Tyra for replacing Nick but not going back to host ANTM

Buy The Stars✨

Quote from: Drew Berrymore on March 16, 2017, 09:30:02 PM
lkvvvvv

People were dragging Tyra for replacing Nick but not going back to host ANTM

why were they dragging her for accepting a position? :dead: