Grammys KICK Nicki’s “Super Freaky Girl” off the rap ballots.. Nicki CRIES on IG

Started by BAPHOMET., October 13, 2022, 04:52:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cowgirl

What's cringey is that YOU care how much she cares 😵�💫

lil jon x eastside boyz

October 13, 2022, 07:27:45 PM #32 Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 07:28:21 PM by Brazilian Sensuality
she holds the grammys in high regard just like a lot of people here do

i dunno what to say if someone who clearly cares a lot about grammy validation when it comes to their favs is confused or uncomfortable with an actual artist "caring so much" about them.

it doesn't make sense to me.

Cowgirl

Quote from: Brazilian Sensuality on October 13, 2022, 07:27:45 PMshe holds the grammys in high regard just like a lot of people here do

i dunno what to say if someone who clearly cares a lot about grammy validation when it comes to their favs is confused or uncomfortable with an actual artist "caring so much" about them.

it doesn't make sense to me.

It's so bizarre. Nicki doesn't need a Grammy and that's clear but she is an artist. To sit here and act like they can't understand why she wants one is just.. :uhh:

lil jon x eastside boyz

October 13, 2022, 07:37:21 PM #35 Last Edit: October 13, 2022, 07:44:05 PM by Brazilian Sensuality
it's not so much about not understanding her needs or desires
if someone doesn't like nicki i wouldn't expect them to go out of their way to empathize with her.

it's about caring about the grammys so much urself and wondering why others care about them.

that's what simply doesn't connect.

BAPHOMET.

BAPHOMET.

Quote from: Big Barbie on October 13, 2022, 07:23:29 PMIf they didn't exclude Big Energy then they shouldn't have excluded SFG.

:udontlookok:
it's OUT and that's kinda final. Lolz

Cowgirl

BAPHOMET.

Lucid Salvatore

I really wish artists (especially our BLACK artists) would stop holding the Grammys in high regard. I love Nicki, but gorl.... is it really that serious? Look how far you've came without one, you really don't need a Grammy.

After watching Nicki's IG live, I kinda see where she's coming from tbh. I did not know Drake's "Hotline Bling" was nominated and WON Best Rap Song in 2017  :dead:  :uhh: that song is more pop than SFG and Drake is singing on the record (no rapping). If that's eligible for the rap categories, then so should Super Freaky Girl?

Lucid Salvatore

The gorls over at ATRL are saying "Big Energy" & Doja's "Vegas" were allowed in the rap categories, but not Super Freaky Girl?  :kii: all 3 songs are pop/rap songs, and they were all produced by Dr. Luke

ophelia_b

Cowboy Nine