I Am Cait...

Started by charlie., July 27, 2015, 02:52:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

yummy

Herb.

BigDawg

My thing is this, congrats for Caitlyn being able to express herself to the world as a woman...but why is it necessary to continuously bombard the media with her image. She is not the first transexual, nor will she be the last. To be completely honest how it is being forced, it comes off as sensationalism.

GLOCK

Quote from: Herb. on July 27, 2015, 11:21:49 AM
Quote from: BigDawg on July 27, 2015, 11:17:38 AM
Quote from: Herb. on July 27, 2015, 10:50:33 AM
I think it has less to do with a "trans movement"
And more to do with the fact that Bruce Jenner is a huge celeb who will bring in huge ratings
Do u think some random transsexual from the streets with an amazing story would get this platform? Hhhg

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/i-am-jazz/
n

And we can sit here and find a load of documentaries dealing with racism in America
And a black mans struggle. Talk shows have covered it numerous times.
Networks, etc.

its nothing new. What WOULD be new is one of our most influential celebrities using their voice to push something other than a streaming service.

Or our black president thinking twice before he refers to our youth as thugs.
No Hun.
You're missing the point
They gave this man a show to help others deal with trans people better and understand that they are just like you and me...
They need to create shows about blacks and helping paint a better picture of them and getting folks to understand that we shouldn't be treated in this way..
A lot of whites only see us one way.. And television has a lot to do with that..
Bringing up what other blacks that have shows can do is kinda pointless ..
This show was created to capitalize on a celeb being a tranny and how we can make America love them and adore them ????

Herb.

Quote from: BigDawg on July 27, 2015, 12:04:55 PM
My thing is this, congrats for Caitlyn being able to express herself to the world as a woman...but why is it necessary to continuously bombard the media with her image. She is not the first transexual, nor will she be the last. To be completely honest how it is being forced, it comes off as sensationalism.
well it's a great story tbh

U have a famous man who has a family
Never publicly lived a gay lifestyle
Chooses to be a woman seemingly out of nowhere

It's ratings gold  :plzstop: hell if I had a network I'd want him in there too
Ad revenue galore  :ohwow:

BigDawg

Quote from: Herb. on July 27, 2015, 12:08:25 PM
Quote from: BigDawg on July 27, 2015, 12:04:55 PM
well it's a great story tbh

U have a famous man who has a family
Never publicly lived a gay lifestyle
Chooses to be a woman seemingly out of nowhere

It's ratings gold  :plzstop: hell if I had a network I'd want him in there too
Ad revenue galore  :ohwow:
And that is great, but. I heard her story last month,  and the.month before that and so on. I would love to see something that represents what I am going through, as a black man.

Herb.

And it's nice that he is breaking stereotypes as well
Not every transexual is a former butch queen sleeping with men for money and mess

Personally I could careless but that's why I simply won't tune in
Lol
If anything get mad and upset about white networks profiting off of black women clawing each other's eyes out
And managing to perpetuate  all types of stereotypes within 60 minutes

But we won't do that. Oh no of course not. Cuz that's fun!!! Harmless. Lolz

charlie.

yummy

July 27, 2015, 12:16:49 PM #53 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:17:18 PM by ANIMMAI
I just don't get what one has to do with the other :dead:

You wanna see more stories about the black experience...cool. But why begrudge what Caitlyn is doing for the trans community in the process? And where's all this concern for representation when everyone is live tweeting RHOA?

This seems like transphobia masked as concern to me and it's late as fuck.

Zankou.

Admin

Quote from: ANIMMAI on July 27, 2015, 12:16:49 PM

You wanna see more stories about the black experience...cool. But why begrudge what Caitlyn is doing for the trans community in the process? And where's all this concern for representation when everyone is live tweeting RHOA?

Preach :howfestive:

yummy

And I could get behind the argument of them sensationalizing the trans struggles but Caitlyn is a member of one of the most talked about families in the world rn. Anything they do is nitpicked and discussed ad nauseum.

That coupled with Laverne putting trans girls on the map, this is just a new discussion Americans are having and Cait just so happens to be in the middle of it.

Herb.

July 27, 2015, 12:20:44 PM #57 Last Edit: July 27, 2015, 12:23:36 PM by Herb.
Quote from: Glock on July 27, 2015, 12:06:03 PM
Quote from: Herb. on July 27, 2015, 11:21:49 AM
Quote from: BigDawg on July 27, 2015, 11:17:38 AM
Quote from: Herb. on July 27, 2015, 10:50:33 AM
I think it has less to do with a "trans movement"
And more to do with the fact that Bruce Jenner is a huge celeb who will bring in huge ratings
Do u think some random transsexual from the streets with an amazing story would get this platform? Hhhg

http://www.tlc.com/tv-shows/i-am-jazz/
n

And we can sit here and find a load of documentaries dealing with racism in America
And a black mans struggle. Talk shows have covered it numerous times.
Networks, etc.

its nothing new. What WOULD be new is one of our most influential celebrities using their voice to push something other than a streaming service.

Or our black president thinking twice before he refers to our youth as thugs.
No Hun.
You're missing the point
They gave this man a show to help others deal with trans people better and understand that they are just like you and me...
They need to create shows about blacks and helping paint a better picture of them and getting folks to understand that we shouldn't be treated in this way..
A lot of whites only see us one way.. And television has a lot to do with that..
Bringing up what other blacks that have shows can do is kinda pointless ..
This show was created to capitalize on a celeb being a tranny and how we can make America love them and adore them ????
i distinctly remember girls on here complaining thAt they were taking too long with the scholarship portion of the bet awards
Taking time to honor Tom Joyner and his OUTSTANDING contributions to our community. outstanding !!!!!!!!

Oh! Hurry up! Geez ok we get it now where's Rihanna!!!

It was only about two people including myself in that thread who were actually enjoying it.

So here's my question
Do u really think a network is going to out funds on something positive, uplifting and scandal free? And expect an audience when niggers can't even give one of our own highly accomplished and unrealistically selfless men five damn minutes without complaining?

charlie.

WAIT! What's going on in here

BigDawg

Quote from: ANIMMAI on July 27, 2015, 12:16:49 PM

Transphobia? I just praised her for her courage.