In Hindsight, Do You Believe Obama Was A Great President?

Started by Opposites Attract., July 27, 2019, 03:58:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opposites Attract.

I was reading a thread on Obama and I saw alot of disappointment expressed so I was wondering what are y'all thought on Obama 4 years later after his regime.

It's unconditional, these days you know....

b7

Overall, yes. He made missteps like anyone else, but he also did a lot of great things that people can't dispute unless they just flat out wanna hate the man  :dead:

The problem is that SOME blacks wanted him to be a hero that could erase over 450 years of trauma in just 2 terms as president. Ain't no damn way

People forget there are many things he tried to pass, that the right wing folks fought tooth and nail against just to spite the man.

🦚

Hear 'em swarmin', right? (Zz) 🐝 🐝  is known to bite (Zz, zz)
——————///——————-
https://justiceforbreonna.org/

wizzy

He left the country better than he found it. The current administration is reaping the benefit of his ideas and trying to claim them. I'd say he was overall good.

Kalifornia.

He had missteps, but overall I think he did a great job. 
Especially with the amount of resistance he had to deal with. 

Obamacare, the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell, legalization of gay marriage. 

Kalifornia.

It's clear Trump's administration is doing any & everything possible to erase his achievements 

BigDawg

Compared to the shit show we have now, Obama did what he could do with his administration with the utmost integrity especially coming in on the heels of the Bush admin

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Obama was our last president
Of course he was great

I think he did grrat

Blacks are just dumb lazy and crab in the barrel
During the campaign they didnt belive it was possible and antivoted alot of them
And after election shocked into silence andki basking in the state of oh black prez war is over
Not realizing because he is black (mixed) he cannot outwardly  pump his black panther fist saying what hez gonna do for blacks. BLACKS HAVE TO UNIFY AND BRING STRONG SOLID FRONTS TO OUR PRESIDENTON ISSUES THEY WANT HIM TO ADDRESS but this is why black related issues are beat handled by white presidents because ...yeah

Just his pressence alone shifted the consciousness  of everyone and for a spec in time put blacks in their rightfull pecking order and it disrupted alot of whites even the ones that voted thinkingbthey had a field nigger to control term 1

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

Lane Bryant Jumpsuit

Quote from: Grown Man on July 27, 2019, 06:25:22 AM
One great thing about Trump's presidency is that it has brought a lot of great conversations to the table.

People are pulling a lot of their mess from under the table and showing their true colors. Can it be annoying sometimes? Yeah. But at least it points to the harsh reality that this country has a lot of work to do when it comes to dismantling certain teas.

Obama's presidency was great for what it was. I mean yeah... woohoo! Go Blacks! And stuff. But yawn. His team did a great job of marketing him as some hope for change. But I mean, it's not as if they even had to push him down our throats. We saw a nigga going for office. He could have been promising to raise taxes and we still would have voted for him.

But the fact that we went from "seeing progress" to being thrown into a Trump era just shows what this country really is. And honestly I'm glad Trump is here. We need someone who is not politically correct and always tip-toeing around shit. Stuff never gets addressed that way. Show us how shitty of a country this is, King. We want every bit of the got damn truth.

Obamas terms fueled the hatred of those trump supporters
First term was cute look im not racist 2nd term okay that was cute but get out nigger lol
It sparked the conversation yet again that if a black cam get inthere at thia pointbin time then a gay , a latino , an adian, a woman, a black woman, and animals can now get into presidency

And whites were in  Desperate state to see something white and privliged again

Because of obama

But yes obamas  campaign help sheild alot of true colors
Cause his message was so nice

But this country was never about that so cute era

Lewie D Im Caramel Bitches Ion Wanna hear Im Actin
Different

BigDawg

Quote from: Grown Man on July 27, 2019, 06:49:02 AM
Yeah, I do believe the Trump era is a smack in the face following up Obama's presidency. I kinda touched on that as well.

QuoteBut the fact that we went from "seeing progress" to being thrown into a Trump era just shows what this country really is.

It definitely goes back to what this country really is. This wasn't a small, isolated pocket of people supporting Trump that pushed him to win.

Trump basically puts in our faces what other White people keep under the table. And honestly I love him for that. Put the shit out there for everyone to see. There's a much better chance of resolution and progress that way than walking around acting like we're all one nation "undivided, indivisible , with liberty and justice for all..." and blah blah blah

So Trumps antics brings about a means for change and puts a spotlight on the fact that white people are privileged, ungrateful racist bastards? That wasn't glaringly obvious before? Cornmuffin

:shannonsmissing:

Demm_

I believe he did what he could under the circumstances, and anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand the presidency. Also, I believe that we all knew racism wasn't dead; furthermore, for many, President Obama being elected was viewed as hope that we were moving in a better direction as a country. However, the current occupant's administration has shined the light on how deeply rooted racism is in this country. 

BigDawg

This country has always needed more work, before Trump and after Trump. This country has always been racist and that will likely never change. The president inciting race wars and giving people the green light for acts of terrorism puts the issue  at center stage, but he's not doing anything to bring about change. He's simply fueling the hatred.

TriBeCa

He did a lot of good and a lot of bad. He was just as corrupt as the rest. It was disappointing when appointed former Monsanto executives to head the FDA and he didn't do a damn thing about the pipelines being built on Native Americans land. Meanwhile they were shot, pepper sprayed, attacked by k-9's, sprayed with water cannons, etc.

Amazing

I think if Obama was white both black and white people would have viewed his presidency move favorably. During his presidency he steered the country out of recession and by the end of his tenure the economy was booming.

He kept America and the world out of major wars.

He was pragmatic and knew how to make smart and agreeable decisions. He made social, cultural and environmental reforms for the betterment of all even though the Republicans did everything they could in their power to stop and curtail his reforms.

He was a respectable president for all Americans and did the best he could in a difficult situation. That is how it looked to me from the outside looking in.

GLOCK

Quote from: Demm_ on July 27, 2019, 07:20:35 AM
I believe he did what he could under the circumstances, and anyone saying otherwise doesn't understand the presidency. Also, I believe that we all knew racism wasn't dead; furthermore, for many, President Obama being elected was viewed as hope that we were moving in a better direction as a country. However, the current occupant's administration has shined the light on how deeply rooted racism is in this country.
!!!!!!!
Couldn't have put it better
He did what he could for this shit country