VERZUZ Battles on IG live - Brandy vs Monica up next

Started by b7, March 28, 2020, 07:24:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Harlem

Damn yesterday's battle got me stanning for PID a little bit today.... bitch the chorus and bridge>>>>>
:stressed:

Aalonso.

See I dunno about songwriting battles because what people are really gong up for, in my opinion, are the beats and the artists. Like whenever we ask what do you look for the first time you hear a song.... few of us really say LYRICS come first.

Le Champ

Quote from: L0NZ. on March 29, 2020, 11:36:11 AM
See I dunno about songwriting battles because what people are really gong up for, in my opinion, are the beats and the artists. Like whenever we ask what do you look for the first time you hear a song.... few of us really say LYRICS come first.

Subconsciously, you ARE going up for the songwriting though. They're not just responsible for the words, but most times, the melody too. What gets stuck in your head is because of the songwriter. They are plenty of songs with great beats and artists...that suck. All three ingredients  are necessary.

Aalonso.

Quote from: Le Champ on March 29, 2020, 11:40:01 AM

Subconsciously, you ARE going up for the songwriting though. They're not just responsible for the words, but most times, the melody too. What gets stuck in your head is because of the songwriter. They are plenty of songs with great beats and artists...that suck. All three ingredients  are necessary.

I know what you mean, but Im saying as far as a songwriting battle where the audience is going crazy when a beat drops .. eh. Like if Dream played Single Ladies, people werent typing fdhgdshsfgh because of "up in club, just broke up" or "oh oh ohhh, ohoh ohh, oh oh oh."

I totally get what you mean about the melodies tho

HUGO

Quote from: L0NZ. on March 29, 2020, 11:49:17 AM

I know what you mean, but Im saying as far as a songwriting battle where the audience is going crazy when a beat drops .. eh. Like if Dream played Single Ladies, people werent typing fdhgdshsfgh because of "up in club, just broke up" or "oh oh ohhh, ohoh ohh, oh oh oh."

Djdjdjdjdjudbdbcbc

:plzstop:

Le Champ

Nah I agree with you...I think that's why I kinda stan the songwriting battle because like you said...people usually go up for the artist and the producer when the writer is just as important. I mean just watching the live last night reminded me that Beyonce probably wouldn't even be the Beyonce that we know if it were not for Dream and Sean. It was just incredible to see the masterminds behind so many great songs go back and forth.

FRANCE

Quote from: Le Champ on March 29, 2020, 11:53:28 AM

Nah I agree with you...I think that's why I kinda stan the songwriting battle because like you said...people usually go up for the artist and the producer when the writer is just as important. I mean just watching the live last night reminded me that Beyonce probably wouldn't even be the Beyonce that we know if it were not for Dream and Sean. It was just incredible to see the masterminds behind so many great songs go back and forth.

Definitely. I love the fact that these writers are getting their shine and people are realizing songs they crafted that they prob didnt know Sean or Dream penned.

FRANCE

Guys, if R Kelly wasnt such a let down, he woulda been a great inclusion in this battle mess. I could see him going head to head with maybe Jermaine Dupri. 

Aalonso.

!! I understand. Trust me Im a sucker for a good ass melody. But I feel like you have to sit back and process and really compare the 2 songs to judge which was better from a melodic/lyrical angle. I feel like the battle arena is more suited for the energy that  the music and the artist's vocal provides.

Le Champ

Quote from: LF on March 29, 2020, 11:57:16 AM
Guys, if R Kelly wasnt such a let down, he woulda been a great inclusion in this battle mess. I could see him going head to head with maybe Jermaine Dupri.

wonder if king can get a stu' set up from prison  :supluv:

Aalonso.

Quote from: LF on March 29, 2020, 11:56:26 AM

Definitely. I love the fact that these writers are getting their shine and people are realizing songs they crafted that they prob didnt know Sean or Dream penned.

!

HUGO

It actually shocked me to see ppl on TSR comments talking about SG only has one hit. Ppl just be saying any ole thing  :uhh: