Apparently some1 went 2 a test screening of Brandy's A24 horror movie and...

Started by Purple Moon, May 13, 2024, 07:38:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JCJ 🪐

You may need to upgrade your AI package from the free trial version
From 2024's Album of the Year, "Deeper Well"

Purple Moon

Quote from: JCJ 🪐 on May 13, 2024, 04:14:34 PMYou may need to upgrade your AI package from the free trial version
Brandy said she likes these  :ohwow:
Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Young

NEW MOON

Seems like it will be a 2025 release.

Maybe a few film festivals in fall of this year.

Purple Moon

Must be a purple moon, feel like one of those nights...

Harlem

Quote from: Dee on May 13, 2024, 02:23:21 PMDare I say it:

This might end up being an Oscar nominated tea. Most films from A24 are Oscar darlings

Let's speak it into existence b/c I'm ready for Brandy to just transition into this major film leading actress bag!

Noni

Quote from: Sovereign. on May 13, 2024, 01:32:58 PMI'm glad the Eggers brother's are taking time with this film. This is a career defining moment for Brandy and I trust they wanted to get the best performance out of her since this her comeback to the horror genre and she's acting opposite of a heavyweight, Kathryn Hunter.

I'm so proud of Brandy and I really do believe this will be a door opener for her to go on to do more great films and potentially forge a significant relationship with A24.

The feedback is exciting. Has anyone read the short story it's adapted from?

I've read it. It's a good story and the mother in law is super creepy. The ending twist is a good and very dark one..

Noni

Another quote:

QuoteI really enjoyed it and thought Brandy delivered a phenomenal performance. She's an absolute powerhouse. I truly hope she wants to do more horror films, because she really nails all the horror elements along with the humorous parts of the film. I've not read the book so I can't really speak on the differences between it and the film, but the story felt very tight and fresh.

KingDavid

Quote from: Purple Moon on May 13, 2024, 07:38:22 AM
AI movie poster

Here are that persons posts on reddit, where people were asking for an update on the movie:

Quotei got invited to a test screening for the film next week

Quotecan't say too much since i'm under embargo, but it was fantastic. there's a few things that needed to be added to the film, but it was incredibly funny and nails the horror! brandy is electric and has such a great back and forth with kathryn hunter.

Quotewhen i say things need to be added i'm referring to voice overs, score/music and maybe so vfx

And here's what another user wrote in the same reddit thread:

QuoteI have spoken with several actors from the film and they said that the film went through some reshoots in NYC two months ago and that they still don't have a date or know when it will premiere,  but were told it's being shopped to drop in a few film festivals to gain the buzz it deserves . One actor said the film is very very wild. I am excited for Brandy always have been a huge fan .

Take all of this with a grain of salt, but here is the reddit post, for you all to check:

from r/roberteggers

AI movie promo

This is all real and I have the screenshots to prove it. I'm the another user  ^_^