The Cherokee Gors Have Had Enough

Started by Freemala Harris, August 10, 2017, 03:45:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freemala Harris

Debate Emerges After Native American Woman Tells Black Woman to ?Keep Hands Off Our Culture?

When a Native American woman slammed a Black woman?s appropriation of her culture, Black Twitter users immediately took issue with the memo.

The back-and-forth began when a woman named Cheyanne tweeted a PSA Monday, Aug. 7 slamming a photo of rapper Omerett? The Great posing in a costume likened to Pocahontas.

https://twitter.com/N8VChey?protected_redirect=true

:guys:

GYNandTONIC

I stand by this native queen! Blacks are quick to call out appropriation, but are blind to it when we want to indulge in another's. Can't be screaming about Kylie yaki ponytail and you walking around with a top not and kimono trying give " Fashion".

Young

If we all Learned to appreciate and embrace everyone's cultures

FlowerBomb

Quote from: GYNandTONIC on August 10, 2017, 04:12:28 AM
I stand by this native queen! Blacks are quick to call out appropriation, but are blind to it when we want to indulge in another's. Can't be screaming about Kylie yaki ponytail and you walking around with a top not and kimono trying give " Fashion".

FlowerBomb

Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 04:20:57 AM
maybe when we're all dead

Eternal Bell

guyvfm

well shes rite
wtf was tha blck gorl thinkin'

my nana is frm tha chickasaw tribe & i learned so much frm her

GYNandTONIC

Quote from: Young on August 10, 2017, 04:20:57 AM

I get it but it's important to understand that "culture" is all under represented minority's have and that's why so much pride is taken in it.

I think the disconnect happens when people try things on for fad, trend, or to simply be edgy. That isn't embrace, that's self serving. To embrace a culture you must take the responsibility to learn those things which are sacred and/or spiritual. Some things were birthed through struggle and those who weren't victim to that simply needs to respect it.

You wouldn't go into a Nuns closet and grab her head piece cause its cute for the club. You wouldn't be on a college campus wearing Greek apparel for a fraternity you didn't pledge. Some things are just bigger than style/image.

STUNNA GOD

G

She LASHED tbh and made great points.

GLOCK

como la whore

i'm screaming at chocolate pocahontas
is she okay

Gilgamesh.

wizzy

Black looks better on everything we remake

ccc some ppl dont want actual equality
they just want privilege