Smokie Norful Shades Tori Kelly?s Grammy Win

Started by Lazarus, February 14, 2019, 10:37:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lazarus

Tori Kelly took two Grammy awards on Sunday night for Best Gospel Performance/Song for ?Never Alone? featuring Kirk Frankin and Best Gospel Album for ?Hiding Place?.

The singer was nominated along with artist, Jekalyn Carr, Koryn Hawthorne, Jonathan McReynolds Featuring DOE, and Brian Courtney Wilson for Gospel/Contemporary Christain Music. That apparently left fellow Grammy winner Smokie Norful feeling some type of way.

Norful posted a collage of Gospel artist, Jonathan McReynolds, The Walls Group, Todd Dulaney , Koryn Hawthorne, Jekalyn Carr , Brian Courtney Wilson. His post recognized some artist that he feels are ?Heavy on GOSPEL?.

?Now?no disrespect to Tori or Kirk (who is my friend and brutha) but THESE are the true winners in the GOSPEL category for the Grammys. Heavy on GOSPEL. Congratulations to each of you. I?m a bonafide fan of how awesomely God uses each of you.All of your music has blessed and carried me personally. I pray your ministry is never reduced to the size of a statue ? your anointing is HUGE.?

He continues, ?I want to publicly acknowledge the sacrifices, work, prayer, scriptural preparation, and true ministry you offer to the world. You stand on the legacy of many who have remained faithful and labored in the gospel. You are worthy of double honor. AALL the GOSPEL artists. I love you.?

Smokie completes his caption by saying, ?I appreciate you. God is pleased. And who knows, maybe next year they?ll give ME a Grammy for POP music.?

Does he have a point? Or just feeling salty?

He has deleted the IG post since then.

Ulysses

Yeah. She won. Her album was best. The others can?t just Grammys because they?ve been preaching longer. Like wtf?

RAY7

Smokie is one of my favorite vocalist ever
but King needs to (especially as a Gospel artist) not care about a Grammy
No worship of false idols. F the Shammys

Young

Gilgamesh.

I haven?t listened to any of the nominees so I can?t relally speak to who?s album was better.

Must suck every time a secular puts out an album third Gospel the actual Gospel artists get shafted :dead:

GLOCK

I actually get what he means
But still if they feel she deserved then let her enjoy her accolades
At least it was good content

D.I.E.G.O.

.betterwiseup

Koryn Hawthorne should?ve won best Gospel song.

RAY7

Gospel artist are supposed to be giving all the praise and appreciation to God and just humbly accepting accolades from people but not seeking them out or desiring them I think

Vonc2002

Tori deserved her grammy.  Her project was VERY good.  So basically he didnt think she deserved it because she's white (tho she too is partly black).  He took all the black artists and said they were the ones that were REALLY deserving :dead:
This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Vonc2002

This is my pass to say WHATEVER tf I wanna say about the mess she releases so I don't wanna hear SHIT! Baby mama is a mess of a song btw

Young

Yeah Smo' tried it

Then threw Shade towards "Pop"

Black Queen Tori deserved it

TriBeCa

As far as I know, you have to work in a specific genre in order to be able to vote for those categories. Everyone on the voting committee can vote in the general fields though. He needs to take this up with his peers in the Gospel community because they?re the ones who voted for her.  :plea:

Vonc2002

Quote from: Young on February 14, 2019, 11:47:32 AM
Yeah Smo' tried it

Then threw Shade towards "Pop"

Black Queen Tori deserved it
Right because nothing about her project was pop :dead:
This just made me side eye this short, stocky nigga.